Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: Zetetic Council Election Thread.
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2013, 01:56:36 PM »
I just don't like being called a liar.
Yes, that goes both ways. But you're right, there's no need to fight. Let's forget this clash happened and work as one to set things up.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2013, 02:04:27 PM »
I wonder where your pm went though. Do you still have it as a sent message?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2013, 02:13:20 PM »
I wonder where your pm went though. Do you still have it as a sent message?
I'm afraid not.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2013, 05:24:51 PM »
I trust squevil, and unless someone has a reason to suspect that the results are not correct, I would like to say that I believe he has posted, to the extent of his knowledge, the true results of this vote.  The people who have been elected seem like what I would have expected to have been elected.  I am fine with going with squevils numbers, and I want to say thanks to squevil for going the trouble of arranging this and spending his own time on the vote organisation.

That being said, I also do not have a problem with a re-vote using a different method.  I think we will get approximately the same results. 

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2013, 07:25:19 PM »
It's perfectly reasonable for Pizza to want a recount somewhere where he can be sure of its legitimacy, and it's perfectly reasonable for squevil to be offended by this. I'm glad we can all be somewhat mature here.

I'm fine with redoing the election. I think a poll in the Elections board would be the best way to do it. What do other reasonable, calm people think?
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2013, 08:44:10 PM »
How about a simple poll to redo the votes? I can't see the results changing much but maybe more people might vote and that could mean a slight change? Personally I liked the result but then again I think every person who was nominated may of been suitable. If the forum was getting lots of people coming I'd even suggest all the names were put on as the number was close to the original 11 people that was suggested in the first place.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2013, 10:47:12 PM »
So have we abandoned the preferential voting method?

Well, I'm thinking we could hold a simple poll, but in a board that not everyone has access to

« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2013, 12:47:16 AM »
That requires the admins and they dont want to help with it.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2013, 03:33:57 AM »
I am not sure what is meant by having the poll in a board that not everyone has access to.  I thought we wanted all members to vote?  I can see having it somewhere where the quests can't see it, but I would think that all confirmed members of this site should be able to vote. 

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2013, 04:02:04 AM »
I am not sure what is meant by having the poll in a board that not everyone has access to.  I thought we wanted all members to vote?  I can see having it somewhere where the quests can't see it, but I would think that all confirmed members of this site should be able to vote.

Well, my concerns are mostly based around angry noobs, trolls, and alts. Do we really want The Knowledge voting for the leadership of FES? I figure we could have a board that we can all have access to, but isolated from the non-regulars. There would be a thread in FEG for requesting access. I'm just thinking about avoiding people's screwing with the poll, because it wouldn't be very hard to do.

Offline Hoppy

• Posts 6892
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2013, 04:54:52 AM »
How about alts voting? Someone could make 15 alts to vote for their self. Especially since alts are not against the rules.
God is real.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2013, 04:59:30 AM »
Well, then, I suppose that we can not vote on anything, ever.  Everyone would just make 15 alts in order to skew the voting process in the favor of their side, kind of like how ACORN does with presidential elections. 

« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2013, 05:14:40 AM »
That's what happened to me on my forum. It was obvious it was going on but it was a pain in the ass so I scrapped it. I was sick of chasing IPs for new users.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2013, 05:37:42 AM »
In case you missed it, I was being sarcastic or facetious towards hoppy's post.  I did not mean that people will literally do this.

« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2013, 05:46:21 AM »
I know yours was, but this can happen to some degree. Knowing that this will likely go to a poll, how do you know that people haven't started making alts? People just cheat because they can sometimes.

« Reply #75 on: December 21, 2013, 06:52:17 AM »
A shitty idea, with even shittier execution. I suggest y'all just wrap it up and call it a day.
You don't think I'm going to post here sober, do you?  ???

I have embraced my Benny Franko side. I'm sleazy.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2013, 07:05:37 AM »
I know yours was, but this can happen to some degree. Knowing that this will likely go to a poll, how do you know that people haven't started making alts? People just cheat because they can sometimes.
Do you seriously think that people really give that much of a shit?  You got like, what, less than 20 people sending you votes out of all the members here. 

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2013, 07:24:33 AM »

I think you're seriously overestimating how much people care

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2013, 10:05:33 AM »
That requires the admins and they dont want to help with it.
I already said I'd happily facilitate a proper election. I understand you're butthurt, but try to keep it within reason.

Yes, that's the plan. We'll set up a board where all current members can vote, excluding only currently-existing alts. If anyone makes a new account, they won't have access to the poll by default. Like I said, this is trivial in execution.

That's what happened to me on my forum. It was obvious it was going on but it was a pain in the ass so I scrapped it. I was sick of chasing IPs for new users.
Yes, that's because we all have different talents, and, more importantly, anti-talents. You're good at being on da hood, we're good at computer stuff. You were "chasing IPs for new users" like a complete idiot, and I would make an absolute fool out of myself if I tried wearing a baseball cap backwards or skateboarding. Let's keep it that way and let competent people deal with their respective stuff. I'm not teaching you about my concerns about mad da hood skatin' trix, and you shouldn't try to explain to us how to properly ensure that only legitimate members get a vote.

Now, unless anyone has any issues with this (that carry actual merit), we'll be setting this up later today.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 10:10:47 AM by pizaaplanet »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2013, 09:07:31 PM »
All good to go.

http://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=1004.msg10308#new

The deadline for voting is in a week. Everything should be fairly straight-forward. Let me know if there are any issues at all.