Offline Shane

• If you will it, it is no dream
    • View Profile
Drugs should be legal.
« on: December 13, 2013, 06:39:30 PM »
This conversation has been had on the other site, but it's always fun. Anyway, adults shouldn't be prohibited from using recreational drugs.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 06:41:07 PM by Sean »
Quote from: Rushy
How do you know you weren't literally given metaphorical wings?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Drugs should be legal.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 06:45:17 PM »
Or, you could get a job and stop being such a slacker.

Thork

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 06:45:43 PM »
This conversation has been had on the other site, but it's always fun. Anyway, adults shouldn't be prohibited from using recreational drugs.
What about when they are driving?

Offline Shane

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 06:48:48 PM »
Do you disagree with my statement, junker? I'd actually enjoy real responses.

Okay, obviously there are exceptions. If a drug impairs your ability to drive, then no.

Thork

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 06:49:29 PM »

Okay, obviously there are exceptions. If a drug impairs your ability to drive, then no.
What about if they are taking care of a small child/baby?

Rama Set

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 06:55:37 PM »
Making something legal does exempt someone from liability for their actions or negligence.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 06:55:46 PM »

I am fine with it, as long as there are similar laws that pertain to alcohol, etc.  Although those laws don't stop people from drinking and driving.  Really, it is happening anyway, not like drugs being illegal is changing that.  Make it legal, regulate it, tax it, enjoy it.  It would put some drug dealers out of business and free up some prison space for actual criminals.

I used to have an affinity for some Rx stuff, though it has been a long time and I won't go back so the whole topic doesn't pertain to me from the standpoint that I care about doing drugs.

Offline Shane

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, 06:56:21 PM »
That is a different issue entirely, Thork. endangering or neglecting a child should be prohibited. however drug use wouldn't necessarily cause this. I could smoke marijuana, for instance, and still feel comfortable with taking care of someone.

Rama Set

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2013, 07:11:12 PM »
That is a different issue entirely, Thork. endangering or neglecting a child should be prohibited. however drug use wouldn't necessarily cause this. I could smoke marijuana, for instance, and still feel comfortable with taking care of someone.

Although I endorse smoking marijuana, I would not endorse taking care of children high. If something happens you could very harshly punished.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2013, 07:13:17 PM »

You feeling like you are comfortable with taking care of someone does not equal you being able to take care of something.  This is the problem with people driving drunk.  They feel confident that they can do it, but are not always  successful. 

Offline Shane

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2013, 07:14:17 PM »
I think it can be used in a responsible way. Drinking while you have children is generally accepted as appropriate behavior.

Also, jroa no. Everyone knows it is wrong, justifying an action they know us irresponsible.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 07:16:09 PM by Sean »

Rama Set

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2013, 07:16:07 PM »
Well pot does not have the same judgement impairing effect as alcohol does, but overall a fair statement.

I think it can be used I'm a responsible way. Drinking while you have children is generally accepted as appropriate behavior.

Drinking is, getting drunk is not. The thing with pot is you go from sober to high much quicker than alcohol.

Offline Shane

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2013, 07:22:00 PM »
Note: i don't think it's okay to get stoned all the time and take care of children. When i said "take care of" i was thinking more along the lines of "having kids" meaning more that being a marijuana smoker wouldn't necessarily makea bad parent the same way daddy going out with his friends once in a while doesn't make him a bad parent

Thork

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2013, 07:28:31 PM »
Could you take heroine and feel confortable taking care of a 3 month old baby?

No one cares if you take drugs and scramble your own brains. The law is there to protect other people from your actions under the influence of drugs. That covers everything from you attacking people to you stealing from them to fund your habit.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 07:30:44 PM by Thork »

Offline Shane

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2013, 07:31:00 PM »
Endangering a child should be prohibited.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2013, 07:33:12 PM »
Then, why are you arguing the opposite? 

Offline Shane

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2013, 07:35:55 PM »
I'm not. I realize i didn't portray my views well, and i did correct myself. By your argument any parent who drinks is a bad parent. I don't think an occasional marijuana smoker is automatically a bad parent.

Thork

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2013, 07:40:15 PM »
I'm not. I realize i didn't portray my views well, and i did correct myself. By your argument any parent who drinks is a bad parent. I don't think an occasional marijuana smoker is automatically a bad parent.
Then you should have written "Marujuana should be legal". Not "Drugs should be legal".

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2013, 07:42:30 PM »
No, endangering a child is wrong.  A responsible person can have a drink and not be impaired enough to endanger a child.  I don't smoke any more, but it is the same, except that with smoking weed, you are pretty much either sober or wasted.  At least with alcohol, you can slow down or speed up, regulating your intoxication. 

Offline Shane

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2013, 07:54:51 PM »
Then you should have written "Marujuana should be legal". Not "Drugs should be legal".

Endangering a child is illegal. Your argument is bad. It has nothing to do with drugs, you can endanger a child in many, many ways. That does not mean anything that could in some circumstances lead to child endangerment should me illegal.

No, endangering a child is wrong.  A responsible person can have a drink and not be impaired enough to endanger a child.  I don't smoke any more, but it is the same, except that with smoking weed, you are pretty much either sober or wasted.  At least with alcohol, you can slow down or speed up, regulating your intoxication. 

My dad once in a while left the kids at home (mommy was home dont worry) and went out and got drunk. Not regularly, but it did happen once in a while. I still think he was a fine parent. What if a parent could have a smoke when they're not immediately caring for children, or after the kids go to bed, and so on?