Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
The Flat Earth Scientific Proof
« on: January 04, 2023, 12:31:05 AM »
https://unshackledminds.com/convex-earth-the-documentary-the-flat-earth-scientific-proof/

No curvature with multiple tests.

The lies of a Globe are just that. ALL LIES
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline stack

• View Profile
Re: The Flat Earth Scientific Proof
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2023, 07:10:51 PM »
https://unshackledminds.com/convex-earth-the-documentary-the-flat-earth-scientific-proof/

I scrubbed through the video. What's weird is that they don't show any of the results of any of the "tests". They just talk about them, but never actually reveal anything. Did you actually watch the video?

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2023, 03:28:36 PM »
didnt watch the video, but in reading the page, the entire thing feels merely like an opening statement at trial - it just summarizes what the evidence (supposedly) WILL SHOW. But without a single actual piece of evidence yet provided. Super weak.

Based on what stack says sounds like the video includes nothing substantive either.

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2023, 12:40:26 AM »
Experiments with plumbing (verticalization) and level (horizontalization) have proved that gravity does not exist, because the physical behavior of water is to seek its original form, that is, flatness.

There’s nothing of substance here. There is no “original form” of water and it’s certainly not “flatness”. It’s odd wording. Literally everything, including water, just moves in the direction of the sum of its forces. It’s not “seeking” anything.
There ARE interesting arguments for a flat earth, but “water seeks its level” is one of the strangest and weakest ones.

RE does not claim that you would see local curvature of water.
So, the statement “there’s no local curvature of water!”… does nothing. Because nobody said there should be.

Again, there ARE some interesting arguments for FE worth debating, but this looks like another grifter.

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2023, 08:48:08 PM »

I scrubbed through the video. What's weird is that they don't show any of the results of any of the "tests". They just talk about them, but never actually reveal anything. Did you actually watch the video?

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2023, 01:37:04 AM »

Same thing...

I scrubbed through the video. What's weird is that they don't show any of the results of any of the "tests". They just talk about them, put up a graphic saying what they saw but never show what they saw. They actually hide the visuals behind the graphic of their experimental "stats". Did you actually watch the video?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2023, 08:07:08 PM »
"The Documentary, available in three languages: Portuguese, English and Spanish and published on the websites terraconvexa.com.br and convexearth.org Seven scientific experiments were carried out, including the geodesic, which consisted in measuring the distances between the bases and tops of a building in Torres (RS) and another in Natal (RN), with a distance of 3,050 km between them. reference to sea level. “The measurements were the same. If the Earth were spherical, the measure of the distance between the bases should be smaller than the measurement between the upper parts of the buildings because they would be following the curvature of the Earth, “explains Urandir de Oliveira, founder of Dakila Research. Engineers from the National Institute of Colonization and Agrarian Reform (INCRA) participated in the action."

You need to hone your scrubbing skills.
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2023, 01:04:15 AM »
The distance between the buildings was measured by "high precision GPS" to be 3021.77km.  How much difference did they expect between the tops and bottoms of the buildings?  They said that even a few meters difference would show curvature.  Since they only measured to 2 decimal places, then a difference of less than 10m would not be measured and therefore the "experiment" would be inconclusive.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2023, 01:07:27 AM by markjo »
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2023, 02:55:18 AM »
"The Documentary, available in three languages: Portuguese, English and Spanish and published on the websites terraconvexa.com.br and convexearth.org Seven scientific experiments were carried out, including the geodesic, which consisted in measuring the distances between the bases and tops of a building in Torres (RS) and another in Natal (RN), with a distance of 3,050 km between them. reference to sea level. “The measurements were the same. If the Earth were spherical, the measure of the distance between the bases should be smaller than the measurement between the upper parts of the buildings because they would be following the curvature of the Earth, “explains Urandir de Oliveira, founder of Dakila Research. Engineers from the National Institute of Colonization and Agrarian Reform (INCRA) participated in the action."

You need to hone your scrubbing skills.

You need to actually watch the video.

Yes, they "say" all of those things, but they don't show any of those things. All they do is talk about what they are going to do, show a guy setting up a telescope or some other gear then gut to a graphic like this with the 'Yes' box checked...

Then they do the exact same thing for their next "experiment".

If I presented the same only the 'No' box was checked on the graphic you would have a fit and fall in it screaming that I didn't show anything and that I was just claiming a whole bunch of stuff without evidence.

Some more interesting info...

Here’s the leader of the “experiments”, Urandir Fernandes de Oliveira, mental spoon twitser extrodinaire…

Urandir mostra como trabalha com o seu poder mental afetando objetos.

This is kinda interesting too…

From A.J. Gevaerd
To the International UFO Community:
Very important December 13, 2002
Please be informed that the story of a man abducted in Brazil, with dramatic photos of the scenario, is a campaign to promote overseas the biggest UFO hoaxer of all times in Brazil, Urandir Fernandes de Oliveira, who has actually created a sect of fanatics around him, composed of people who blindly believe in his alleged ET contacts and healing powers, none of them ever confirmed by anyone. The man has been repeatedly exposed as hoaxer by dozens of UFO researcher and many people even from his sect, after "waking up to reality", have come forward to describe Urandir´s tricks and scheme. His last great attempt to go public in Brazil and overseas happened last year, when he invented the story (easily exposed) that a UFO had crashed at his friend¹s farm. It was only another of his hoaxes, perpetrated to attract people to his activities, to which they are invited to join if they pay a considerable amount of money. His history is all fake and the man is fastly becoming a millionaire with his obscure agenda, supported by thousands of fanatics. Urandir is largely rejected by 99% of the Brazilian UFO Community, who perfectly knows that he is nothing but a hoaxer. This story is NOT to be taken seriously, as no responsible UFO researcher has been allowed to scrutinize the scenario and the alleged case. Urandir has been interviewed by Jeff Rense on Thursday night, December 12, assisted by his fellow Felipe Castelo Branco. This has taken serious people in the USA and all over the world to believe in the story invented by Urandir. The damage can be much bigger than one can think. In Brazil, responsible UFO researchers and large media stream have succeeded in debunking him at a considerable level. We have succeeded in preventing that thousands of Brazilians being cheated by Urandir and now he is trying the USA and other countries to establish his sect. Serious UFO researchers all over the world cannot let it happen. The man is as fake as a 3-dollar bill. He spent time in jail for selling property that doesn¹t belong to him.
- A. J. Gevaerd, gevaerd@ufo.com.br Editor, Brazilian UFO Magazine. National Director, Mutual UFO Network. Director, International UFO Congress

And more…Apparently he is kinda a UFO cult leader…

Here in Brazil, only some weeks later, indifferent to the immense worldwide repercussion of the U.S.A.occurrence, an ufological cult started to prosper and even in its beginning already showed some fanatism. In April , 1997, the UFO Magazine, together with an Educative TV team of Campo Grande went to the farm where Projeto Portal was placed and had testified, for hours the event of fanatic practice. Mentor and founder of the project, the former brick-layer, former goldwasher and amateur magician Urandir Fernandes de Oliveira used primary tricks with laser pens, operated by his employees camouflaged in the bush, to illude the about 70 members of his sect, that today has more than a thousand followers. Although coarse and simple, the luminous effect fascinated those that followed the former brick-layer, already in advanced process of psychological and emotional controller.

If you want to die on the Urandir Fernandes de Oliveira hill, have at it.

Offline Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2023, 09:12:09 AM »
While agreeing with stack that the visual evidence(!) on that video seems vague, it should also be borne in mind that GPS and other GNSS systems purely give a position. GPS does not measure a distance. GPS can give two spot positions, but an application, or manual calculation, must be done to calculate a distance between two positions. I'd wager that if this was done via an application, then the distance given is the distance at sea level on the WGS84 datum, so it would therefore by definition not show the distance between the top of the two towers used in the video.

Interesting that this was chosen rather than directly measuring the tops of equal height towers closer together using a laser, such as towers on long suspension bridges etc.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2023, 05:46:57 PM by Gonzo »

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2023, 09:16:26 AM »
Yes, they "say" all of those things, but they don't show any of those things. All they do is talk about what they are going to do, show a guy setting up a telescope or some other gear then gut to a graphic like this with the 'Yes' box checked...

If I presented the same only the 'No' box was checked on the graphic you would have a fit and fall in it screaming that I didn't show anything and that I was just claiming a whole bunch of stuff without evidence.

Go ahead and post your evidence.

They posted evidence the earth is not spherical.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2023, 09:18:00 AM »
While agreeing with stack that the visual evidence(!) on that video seems vague, it should also be borne in mind that GPS and other GNSS systems purely give a position. GPS does not measure a distance. GPS can give two spot positions, but an application, or manual calculation, must be done to calculate a distance between two positions. I'd wager that if this was done via an application, then the distance given is the distance at seal level on the WGS84 datum, so it would therefore by definition not show the distance between the top of the two towers used in the video.

Interesting that this was chosen rather than directly measuring the tops of equal height towers closer together using a laser, such as towers on long suspension bridges etc.
This has already been performed on the Humboldt Estuary and the Verrazano Narrows.

Offline Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2023, 09:20:26 AM »
Quite.

So why attempt a more complex task with the pitfalls that brings?

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2023, 09:42:32 AM »

This has already been performed on the Humboldt Estuary and the Verrazano Narrows.

Are you referring to the Humber estuary? 

https://www.humberbridge.co.uk/about-us/ ("FAST BRIDGE FACTS");

"-The concrete towers are 155.5 metres (510 feet) tall and were built to be 36mm further apart from each other at the top than at the bottom, to allow for the curvature of the Earth".

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2023, 02:10:21 PM »

My point is that they didn't post evidence. If I created the exact same video, showing the same footage and graphic, but had the check in the "SIGHTING: NO" box, you would not agree that I posted evidence the earth is spherical.

And not to mention the head of the experiments and maker of the video is a known UFO cult leader and hoaxer paranormal mentalist. Not really the most credible of sources.

Offline SimonC

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2023, 03:04:10 PM »

The results are where you usually find them...at the end.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2023, 05:12:30 PM »
Could you give a timestamp on the video? I was watching one experiment about 40 minutes in.
"Experiment with Long Range Telescope".

It's the one at lake Titicaca. They claim to record images at 110km.

Then there's an interview with some bloke who says it's possible to see the other side of the lake - no details given about from where or what he reckons he's seen. He claims to be able to see 60 or 50 kilometres but, again, he's giving no details so that claim can't sensibly be commented on or investigated. Obviously at the right viewer height you'd easily be able to see distant hills or mountains that far. Taking 60km as the distance, which is the most he claims, then even at a viewer height of just 2m you only get 240m of hidden, the top of any distant hill taller than that would be visible even without refraction/

Then there's a very brief screenshot of a mapping application in which a line is drawn. That line is around 35km long.
And then the view from the telescope is shown and the voiceover claims is it's a distance of more than 100km.
So which is it?

The only details of where they are or what they're looking at are from the very brief screenshot of the mapping application.
The land mass they're looking at according to that is a small island, the peak of which is around 280m above the level of the lake (I checked the terrain on Google Maps)
And the distance to the island according to the line they draw in the very brief screenshot is 35km.
I'd estimate, looking at the video, a viewer height of 1m. Using a basic curve calculator the hidden height is less than 80m.
So yeah, of course you can see a fair amount of that island.

Are we supposed to take that seriously as evidence? They claim to see things from distances of more than 100km. They give no details of where they are or what they're looking at. The only clue to those details is a very brief screenshot of a mapping application which shows a distance of around 35km (it even shows that in the screenshot) and pointing towards a land mass with peaks high enough that you should definitely be able to see them from that distance, even without refraction. You see how that's not very compelling?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2023, 05:46:16 PM by AllAroundTheWorld »
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2023, 05:17:34 PM »

Where? I just watched the last 15 minutes, it's just the UFO Cult Leader/Hoax Paranormal Mentalist talking about how they saw anomolies that will change the world and a couple of other guys talking about the same thing. No evidence. Just some guys talking.

Again, if I got some people together and filmed them just sitting there saying that they did experiments and found conclusively that the earth was a globe, how do you think that would be received by FEr's?

As well, the UFO guy says at the end something like, The complete research information, with regard to equipments, coordinates, images, all techniques, research content, technical reports, scientific papers, mathematical calculations and proposed theories will be available soon on the websites http://www.terraconvexa.com.br and http://convexearth.org A book with the complete compilation of the research will be released soon.

Both websites don't exist and there is no book. The video was published 5 years ago.

Edit: This is kinda funny, from Convex Earth DEBUNKED - Dakila Research & CTZ - Zigurats Technology Center; Urandir Fernandes de Oliveira...The "scientists" seem to have gotten the formula wrong...Not off to a good start...

Should be F = GMm/r2
« Last Edit: February 21, 2023, 05:24:56 PM by stack »

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2023, 08:31:58 PM »

Are you referring to the Humber estuary? 

https://www.humberbridge.co.uk/about-us/ ("FAST BRIDGE FACTS");

"-The concrete towers are 155.5 metres (510 feet) tall and were built to be 36mm further apart from each other at the top than at the bottom, to allow for the curvature of the Earth".
Yes, I am. Sorry for the typo.

I believe the wiki provides more info.

https://wiki.tfes.org/The_Humber_Bridge
« Last Edit: February 21, 2023, 08:34:06 PM by Action80 »

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2023, 08:35:40 PM »

My point is that they didn't post evidence. If I created the exact same video, showing the same footage and graphic, but had the check in the "SIGHTING: NO" box, you would not agree that I posted evidence the earth is spherical.

And not to mention the head of the experiments and maker of the video is a known UFO cult leader and hoaxer paranormal mentalist. Not really the most credible of sources.
Well, this is just in error, considering the evidence they posted demonstrates the measures taken do not align with the requirements of sphericity.

What you describe is actually a tactic RE'rs do all the time.

THese guys posted, "The measurements were the same..." when it came to the buildings' peaks and bases measured.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2023, 09:28:05 PM by Action80 »