Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: $$$ inflation $$$ Say it ain't so Joe
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2022, 08:30:47 PM »

Given the US is not currently holding anything of real value, they go deeper into debt (aka unfunded liability).

You’ve written a lot of stupid things and this is one of them. How you can think the US holds nothing of value is comepletely beyond me.
Do you own anything that is currently in hock?

The US owns nothing currently, including land. It is all in hock.

You should have saved your nonsensical post to begin with.
Federal land is currently owned by a pawn shop?
So are all the federal buildings?
Oh dear.  That must be the richest pawn shop in existence.

Rama, the dollar is NOT anything but a private banks fiat currency. They are called the Federal Reserve Bank.

Okay, this isn't true, either. The Federal Reserve is not a private bank. It's an independent board organized by the government that interacts with private member banks.
Wrong, real wrong.

The Fed is a totally private banking institution that allows the government to appoint members to its board. Seven board members or governors for 12 independent regions.

This is just a great quote.  Its as you as possible.
Tell someone he's wrong then contradict yourself in the next sentence. XD
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2022, 08:59:25 PM »

Given the US is not currently holding anything of real value, they go deeper into debt (aka unfunded liability).

You’ve written a lot of stupid things and this is one of them. How you can think the US holds nothing of value is comepletely beyond me.

Being in hock describes collateral. Banks hold collateral.

Rama, the dollar is NOT anything but a private banks fiat currency. They are called the Federal Reserve Bank.

Okay, this isn't true, either. The Federal Reserve is not a private bank. It's an independent board organized by the government that interacts with private member banks.
Wrong, real wrong.

The Fed is a totally private banking institution that allows the government to appoint members to its board. Seven board members or governors for 12 independent regions.

Private institutions can have government-appointed board members. It does not make them government agencies.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 09:41:36 PM by Action80 »
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2022, 09:37:16 PM »
Private institutions can have government-appointed board members. It does not make them government agencies.

Legal cases involving the Federal Reserve Banks have concluded that they are "private", but can be held or deemed as "governmental" depending on the particular law at issue.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2022, 04:20:59 AM »

Being in hock describes collateral. Banks hold collateral.
I've never used that word in that context as hock typically means sell, specifically to a pawn shop.  If a piece of land is being used as collateral for a loan, its... Collateral.  If it was hock, the bank would own the land even if you were paying off your loan.

Wrong, real wrong.

I disagree.  Especially if the government appoints and governs them.

However, as Markjo points out, the courts have ruled its both, so not gonna argue with it.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2022, 01:04:56 PM »

Legal cases involving the Federal Reserve Banks have concluded that they are "private", but can be held or deemed as "governmental" depending on the particular law at issue.

So Rushy IS mentally challenged...TY
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2022, 08:41:28 PM »

So Rushy IS mentally challenged...TY
No, it just means that you are both half-right.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2022, 09:41:20 PM »
I'm not so sure that taking financial advice from J-Man is the wisest thing to do...

I was crazy enough to purchase @ $34900 two days later 41500.

Fiat is dead, gold/silver is manipulated...Crypto seems the answer to beat the bank printing.

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2022, 03:51:02 PM »
Biden has sent the US debt load to over $31 trillion and climbing fast. He has done a great job destroying this country in a short amount of time. Dr. Jill says there is no hope now, not even for MAGA....
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2022, 06:33:47 AM »
Looks like dems and repubs are both equally averse to reducing the debt...Covid sure didn't help things throughout 2020 & beyond...

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2022, 02:01:26 PM »
Looks like dems and repubs are both equally averse to reducing the debt...Covid sure didn't help things throughout 2020 & beyond...

It's because the debt doesn't really mean anything and everyone in Congress knows it. It's a good talking point "rah rah reduce debt or whatever!" but it doesn't actually matter. It's why universally the more someone brings up America's debt the less they know about economics. America economically controls the vast majority of the planet. Its debt is to itself and just a big scary number on paper. No one who matters cares about the US total debt.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2022, 08:49:15 PM »

It's because the debt doesn't really mean anything and everyone in Congress knows it. It's a good talking point "rah rah reduce debt or whatever!" but it doesn't actually matter. It's why universally the more someone brings up America's debt the less they know about economics. America economically controls the vast majority of the planet. Its debt is to itself and just a big scary number on paper. No one who matters cares about the US total debt.

I couldn't agree more.