Offline AATW

• View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #8900 on: May 26, 2021, 08:46:09 AM »
Biden doesn't actually have to implement anything. He just needs to be there saying that he's going to raise taxes, stop the wall, give handouts, etc., and market tanks.

From Market Insider -

Wheat increased after Nov 5 2020:

etc
etc

Literally every graph you've posted shows a clear rising trend throughout 2020, way before Biden became president.
I'm no economic expert but clearly the pandemic will have wreaked havoc with the economy
And as stack has noted, you've done the same with crime. There was already a rising trend under Trump.
You dishonestly ignore that, just look at the rise since Biden came in to power and say "Biden Bad", ignoring the rise under Trump.

I expect this sort of behaviour from you by now of course, but it's good that people are calling you out on it.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8901 on: May 26, 2021, 12:34:36 PM »
Biden has the ball. Biden is at fault. Five months will go by and you guys will still be blaming Trump.  ::)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 12:41:14 PM by Tom Bishop »

Rama Set

« Reply #8902 on: May 26, 2021, 12:40:09 PM »
Biden has the ball. Biden is at fault. Another 5 months will go by and you guys will still be blaming Trump.  ::)

No one blamed Trump for anything. You are the one casting blame and all that was pointed out is that took the narrowest, least charitable view you could because it’s obvious you don’t care about accurately representing reality. All that was pointed out is that the phenomenon started before Biden.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #8903 on: May 26, 2021, 12:51:53 PM »
Biden has the ball. Biden is at fault. Another 5 months will go by and you guys will still be blaming Trump.  ::)

No one blamed Trump for anything. You are the one casting blame and all that was pointed out is that took the narrowest, least charitable view you could because it’s obvious you don’t care about accurately representing reality. All that was pointed out is that the phenomenon started before Biden.
Exactly. I don't know what has caused the rise in prices, although a bloody great pandemic is a fairly likely culprit. That isn't Biden's fault, or Trump's. I don't even know if the rising prices are a bad thing.

What is dishonest of Tom, and of course I expect nothing less, is to sit by while prices rise and crime goes up under Trump and say nothing and then a few months into a new presidency highlight it and say "Aha! See? Biden bad!".
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8904 on: May 26, 2021, 01:02:08 PM »
I don't see any increases out of the norm of the previous few years under Trump. I do see uncharacteristic things happening under Biden though.

Biden told us that he knew what he had to to and promised to "build back better". He has signed dozens of sweeping EO's and policy changes in his first few weeks, far more when coming into office than any president in history. Democrats even have both the House and Senate. The 100 day "honeymoon" period is over. It has been over four months and it's on them now.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 01:16:31 PM by Tom Bishop »

Rama Set

« Reply #8905 on: May 26, 2021, 01:23:02 PM »
I don't see any increases out of the norm of the previous few years under Trump. I do see uncharacteristic things happening under Biden though.

As you pointed out, the increases in commodoties started before election day.  As has been pointed out, its not even clear that rising commodity prices are bad.  All the chatter, even on Fox News has been about how great the economy is doing.  You also had pointed out that murder rates were rising in 2020.  You of course ignore all of it because you can't be honest about Biden.

Biden told us that he knew what he had to to and promised to "build back better". He has signed dozens of sweeping EO's and policy changes in his first few weeks, far more when coming into office than any president in history. Democrats even have both the House and Senate. The 100 day "honeymoon" period is over. It has been over four months and it's on them now.

You trying to make a talking point by emphatically declaring it Biden's fault is neither productive nor indicative of the truth.

« Reply #8906 on: May 26, 2021, 01:26:26 PM »
Biden has the ball. Biden is at fault.

wow biden managed to improve us gdp from ~250 billion dollars in 1947 to over 22 trillion dollars in 2021! literally a 100-fold increase in gdp.

biden has the ball. biden is at fault.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #8907 on: May 26, 2021, 01:47:25 PM »
Biden has the ball. Biden is at fault.

wow biden managed to improve us gdp from ~250 billion dollars in 1947 to over 22 trillion dollars in 2021! literally a 100-fold increase in gdp.

biden has the ball. biden is at fault.

Biden is the greatest president ever!!
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #8908 on: May 26, 2021, 01:54:52 PM »
And look at that huge drop last year when Trump was in charge. Trump had the ball and he dropped it massively.
Thank goodness Biden has got things back on track.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #8909 on: May 26, 2021, 02:29:04 PM »
And look at that huge drop last year when Trump was in charge. Trump had the ball and he dropped it massively.

Who in God's name would want to reelect a president who presided over one of the worst economic periods in our history? It's no wonder we legitimately and democratically elected a replacement after just one term!
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Pongo

• Most Educated Flat-Earther
  • Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8910 on: May 26, 2021, 03:43:27 PM »
Y'all laugh and laugh as Tom trolls the upper forums for decades but then he comes down below and suddenly he's spr srs? Come on. I would expect this from Dave, but you can do better garygreen.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8911 on: May 26, 2021, 08:23:42 PM »
Y'all laugh and laugh as Tom trolls the upper forums for decades but then he comes down below and suddenly he's spr srs? Come on. I would expect this from Dave, but you can do better garygreen.

We all need our fun. 
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #8912 on: May 26, 2021, 09:57:31 PM »

We all need our fun.

When a troll makes someone as angry as he made you recently who's the one having fun? 🤔

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8913 on: May 26, 2021, 10:10:37 PM »

We all need our fun.

When a troll makes someone as angry as he made you recently who's the one having fun? 🤔

Technically both.
I'm pretty sure I'm an argument masochist. 

Besides, its rare I get to blow off steam with actual swear words. (Kids do that to ya) And I did feel a little better after I told him off.

That being said, I know he was laughing cause he triggered me but I do not care.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #8914 on: May 27, 2021, 03:54:24 PM »

We all need our fun.

Technically both.

Besides, its rare I get to blow off steam with actual swear words. (Kids do that to ya) And I did feel a little better after I told him off.

That being said, I know he was laughing cause he triggered me but I do not care.

The thing is, as a troll, he's motivated by getting as strong a reaction out of those he interacts with as possible. He says these outlandish things purely for the game of it, not out of any actual belief or conviction. I mean, you're basically arguing with a ventriloquist's dummy. You really get enjoyment from that?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8915 on: May 28, 2021, 04:48:42 AM »

We all need our fun.

Technically both.

The thing is, as a troll, he's motivated by getting as strong a reaction out of those he interacts with as possible. He says these outlandish things purely for the game of it, not out of any actual belief or conviction. I mean, you're basically arguing with a ventriloquist's dummy. You really get enjoyment from that?

Ever yell at the traffic knowing they can't hear?
Ever scream in an empty house out of frustration?
Ever beat a dead horse until it was just pulp?

Sometimes ya just gotta blow off steam.

That being said: I do have Tom on ignore for a reason.  I just decided to fight with him in this thread.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #8916 on: June 02, 2021, 08:32:07 PM »
The former guy's much-vaunted 'platform', set up as a replacement for his Twitter feed, has died, only 29 days after launch.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-blog-shut-down/
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.
=============================

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8917 on: June 03, 2021, 01:56:26 AM »
The latest victim of cancel culture.

Sad.

« Reply #8918 on: June 03, 2021, 12:43:36 PM »
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #8919 on: June 04, 2021, 06:41:56 PM »
4 More Years!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57365628

Well, 2 will do I guess.