Offline AATW

• View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #9080 on: August 09, 2021, 07:40:50 PM »
When is Trump being reinstated by the way? It's this month, right?
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline WTF_Seriously

• Nobody Important
    • View Profile
« Reply #9081 on: August 09, 2021, 08:11:18 PM »

This Friday.
Flat-Earthers seem to have a very low standard of evidence for what they want to believe but an impossibly high standard of evidence for what they don’t want to believe.

Lee McIntyre, Boston University

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9082 on: August 09, 2021, 08:33:00 PM »

The process starts tomorrow.

https://xyz.frankspeech.com/content/mike-lindells-cyber-symposium-2021

So many questions.  I would love to go to this thing but it's not open to the public.  Only the press, cyber expert and current politicians.  But there doesn't seem to be a sign up link anywhere.  Is it invitation only?

Does Lindell even know what a packet is in this context?

Where did he get these packets?

Are these packets encrypted?

Does Lindell have the private key to decrypt it?

Who the hell is running a packet sniffer on our election systems and why is he talking to a pillow guy?

Finally, Lindell believes this data is iron clad proof that the election was stolen.  But he's been withholding this evidence for the last 9 months?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #9083 on: August 09, 2021, 09:24:50 PM »
I'd love to hear what the MyPillow employees think about this.

How would you feel if you were working there, and every time you turn on the news, the CEO isn't running the company, isn't promoting the company, doesn't seem to be doing anything connected with the company......?
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.
=============================

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Rama Set

« Reply #9084 on: August 09, 2021, 09:49:24 PM »
Murder to commit voter fraud?

Would be a new low, even by MAGA Hat standards.

https://www.newsweek.com/man-who-voted-trump-place-missing-wife-appears-court-charges-her-murder-1617635?piano_t=1

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9085 on: August 09, 2021, 10:12:06 PM »
Murder to commit voter fraud?

Would be a new low, even by MAGA Hat standards.

https://www.newsweek.com/man-who-voted-trump-place-missing-wife-appears-court-charges-her-murder-1617635?piano_t=1

The more people like Tom and Action talk, the more I realize that they are very delusional.  Every thing they hate about the other side.  Everything they claim Biden is or does.  All of it.... Trump does it.  Republicans do it.  They're projecting their own moral failings onto their enemies because they dare not face it themselves.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #9086 on: August 11, 2021, 08:47:58 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/08/10/con-is-winding-down/

I kind of came to the conclusion that Lindell is probably as much a patsy in this whole thing a while ago. That he's an idiot is fairly clear; being hopelessly naive isn't far off from that.

This article really seems to make the case. It really looks like he's a con artist's mark because he's rich and stupid, and nothing more.

If that's the case he will probably get out of the defamation lawsuits against him, since knowledge of and reckless disregard for the truth are part of the threshold, and he's too dumb to understand the truth.

But wow has he made for some entertainment in the last several months. Watching him stumble along with these accusations has been hilarious, and now I think we know why. He really believes he has all the evidence he needs, despite the fact that the guy who gave it to him can't explain it, and nobody can make heads or tails of it.

His misplaced smugness is real!

Never assume malice when stupidity is also possible, to paraphrase someone or other. I think Lindell may actually think what he's been doing is legitimately to the benefit of the country. He's not evil, he's just sad, like so many millions of other pathetic Trump supporters that still can't accept that he lost.

I almost feel sorry for him. It's not his fault he's mentally challenged.  :(
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9087 on: August 11, 2021, 09:50:43 PM »

Look.  He presented the evidence.  I don't see how you could interpret it any other way.

I don't like it anymore than you do but I guess Trump gets to be president again.

Where's Tom Bishop?  Back me on this.  You see it, right?

Rama Set

« Reply #9088 on: August 12, 2021, 09:46:00 AM »

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #9089 on: August 12, 2021, 11:14:09 AM »
Look.  He presented the evidence.  I don't see how you could interpret it any other way.

I don't like it anymore than you do but I guess Trump gets to be president again.

Where's Tom Bishop?  Back me on this.  You see it, right?
I see it. Pretty conclusive proof...

« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 11:31:08 AM by AllAroundTheWorld »
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline WTF_Seriously

• Nobody Important
    • View Profile
« Reply #9090 on: August 12, 2021, 02:18:08 PM »
Trump's back in tomorrow, baby!

#MAGA
Flat-Earthers seem to have a very low standard of evidence for what they want to believe but an impossibly high standard of evidence for what they don’t want to believe.

Lee McIntyre, Boston University

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9091 on: August 12, 2021, 02:50:23 PM »
37 TB is alot of data.  Yet no word on what it is.

Also, wouldn't a packet capture require you to have access to the a computer or system between two data to capture packets?

Are they saying they have illegally obtained data?  Because I don't think China just "forgot" their incriminating evidence on a stack of Hard Drives somewhere.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Rama Set

« Reply #9092 on: August 12, 2021, 03:39:32 PM »

Also, wouldn't a packet capture require you to have access to the a computer or system between two data to capture packets?

Are they saying they have illegally obtained data?  Because I don't think China just "forgot" their incriminating evidence on a stack of Hard Drives somewhere.

Read the link I posted above. The cyber security professionals he enlisted have already said it’s all bullshit.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9093 on: August 12, 2021, 04:36:04 PM »
I watched the content. It's rehashing and going more in depth into the claims from Absolute Truth and Scientific Truth documentaries.

The packet capture thing from Absolute Truth and the symposium is interesting, but an unverifiable claim.

The claim from Scientific Truth by the physicist they had on there, Dr. Frank, about the unbelievable coincidences is more interesting, since that is more verifiable.

Dr. Frank's speech from the symposium - https://rumble.com/vkzdlu-mike-lindells-cyber-symposium-dr.-douglas-frank.html

Dr. Frank's documentary Scientific Proof - https://rumble.com/vf9xk1-mike-lindell-presents-scientific-proof..html

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9094 on: August 12, 2021, 04:38:43 PM »

Read the link I posted above. The cyber security professionals he enlisted have already said it’s all bullshit.

I read yours. (Paywall on other) and it doesn't say what it was, just that they didn't have access to it.

Rama Set

« Reply #9095 on: August 12, 2021, 05:20:29 PM »

I read yours. (Paywall on other) and it doesn't say what it was, just that they didn't have access to it.

Exactly the point.

“But cyber expert Josh Merritt, who is on the team hired by Mr. Lindell to interrogate the data for the symposium, told The Washington Times that packet captures are unrecoverable in the data and that the data, as provided, cannot prove a cyber incursion by China.”

So the team hired by Pillow Guy to analyze the “irrefutable” data said the data claimed to prove election fraud does not do so. The $5M reward for proving him wrong was also withdrawn, apparently.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9096 on: August 12, 2021, 05:26:53 PM »

Exactly the point.

“But cyber expert Josh Merritt, who is on the team hired by Mr. Lindell to interrogate the data for the symposium, told The Washington Times that packet captures are unrecoverable in the data and that the data, as provided, cannot prove a cyber incursion by China.”

So the team hired by Pillow Guy to analyze the “irrefutable” data said the data claimed to prove election fraud does not do so. The $5M reward for proving him wrong was also withdrawn, apparently.

Well they had something.
Basic metadata.
Which I would love to know what it said and how they got it.

Rama Set

« Reply #9097 on: August 12, 2021, 05:30:11 PM »
 :-\

Exactly the point.

Well they had something.
Basic metadata.

Pillow Guy was on CNN a couple of days ago and they said the metadata was basic, publicly available metadata about voters, iirc

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9098 on: August 12, 2021, 09:07:40 PM »
:-\

Exactly the point.

Well they had something.
Basic metadata.

Pillow Guy was on CNN a couple of days ago and they said the metadata was basic, publicly available metadata about voters, iirc

I bet someone made a lot of money scamming pillow guy.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #9099 on: August 12, 2021, 11:10:03 PM »
Yeah, it looks like he was just another sucker all along.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)