Thork

Re: Eric Dubay shot us down
« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2015, 10:09:07 PM »
Attended a what?

https://plus.google.com/114446283043110571468/posts

I thought we were supposed to be the ones who were brainwashed by the state?

Thork

« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2015, 10:44:39 PM »
lol, at about 23:30 in the video below, Matthew Boylan takes a swipe at Eric Dubay.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2015, 11:39:32 PM »
I think now would be a good time to lock this thread.  There is literally nothing of value being discussed here.

Or at least split to AR.  Come on, we don't need updates on every little thing this guy does.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 11:45:41 PM by Saddam Hussein »

Thork

« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2015, 11:43:11 PM »
Flat Earth General. This is generally about flat earth goings on. What is the problem? In 2 days you'll be able to unsubscribe to this thread. In the mean time, if you don't want to read about Eric Dubay, don't click on the one thread in the upper fora dedicated to what he is doing.

Offline Misero

• Evidence, Evidence, Evidence, and more Evidence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2015, 12:02:27 AM »
Was this Thork's idea?

Yes.

I'm not sure if Tom was referring to Dubay or Boylan when he said that one of them was sceptimatic.
No it wasn't.
Eric Dupay was his nomination.
Nobody should ever follow my standard.  I am the worst moderator ever.
Yes, I'll still keep that in mind on this forum too.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 03, 2015, 01:54:43 AM »
I was just reading some of Dubay's threads. It looks like he banned acenci and all of his other followers for being shills. I think he might just be schizophrenic, to be honest. If he was controlled opposition he'd be trying to get bigger, rather than screw himself from the beginning, and if he was a serious skeptic he wouldn't be so damn paranoid.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #86 on: April 03, 2015, 03:18:04 AM »
Okay, this is pretty funny.  I retract my complaint about this thread's lack of necessity.  And of course Dubay isn't "controlled opposition."  Nobody is controlled opposition.  That's a thing that conspiracy nuts made up to try and resolve their cognitive dissonance over other people who are supposedly as enlightened as they are believing different things.  After all, if they assumed that other conspiracy theorists were simply wrong, then they'd have to break down their theories and point out the fallacies, fact-picking, and flawed logic that led to their wrong conclusions, and then more introspective conspiracy theorists might suddenly realize that their criticisms applied to themselves just as much as to others.  That's a rabbit hole best left avoided.  It's much easier for them to just blame the existence of competing theorists on the same big bad conspiracy that they already blame everything on.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 03, 2015, 03:46:04 AM »
Eric's shenanigans has brought at least one new person to the subreddit. That's something, I guess.

Offline Dionysios

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2015, 08:31:33 PM »
I was just reading some of Dubay's threads. It looks like he banned acenci ...

Dr. Evil has banned mini me.
Don't worry. He'll get a replacement after about a 10 minute period of inconsolability.
Goons from Stormfront.org are beginning to discover his website.

Offline Dionysios

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2015, 08:50:48 PM »
I'd like to remark out of conscience in spite of all the stuff that Acenci said against this forum that he seems to me a decent guy who is new to a of this. Enthusiastic and possibly still slightly naive, but overall a decent guy.

« Reply #90 on: April 04, 2015, 12:10:27 AM »
thanks

Ghost of V

« Reply #91 on: April 04, 2015, 12:47:14 AM »
thanks

Shill or not, you are always welcome here. Sorry for being hard on you, I just don't like being accused of something I'm not... I guess you know how that feels now, eh?  ;)

« Reply #92 on: April 04, 2015, 12:54:52 AM »
Yes, I have learned to be more objective and less emotional in my judgments. Now I will use "I don't agree with that" rather than say "you are a shill".  Now I know what it feels like to be banned and called "shill" by everyone. We have founded a forum of banned shills, to do group therapy:
http://serendipitous.boards.net/
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 01:06:00 AM by acenci »

« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2015, 01:52:36 AM »

I think he might just be schizophrenic, to be honest.

Agreed. In his interviews, listen to his voice. He's not all there.

Offline Dionysios

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 04, 2015, 05:43:35 AM »
DuBay not only treats people like Lumberg, he even looks like him a little bit:

« Reply #95 on: April 04, 2015, 10:30:52 AM »
...Instead, for some reason, you guys have all day long to waste here, making jokes. You are in a good mood. And you don't have financial problems.
http://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=2459.msg63965#msg63965

He was unfair to those fans of his, whom he banned after all the work they did for him. At the same time, despite my resentment, I have to admit that with this advertisement you are confirming my last point of that crazy post I wrote when I believed in him. You're beating him with money and not with content. Having said this, I also admit you have the freedom of speech he lacks.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 11:18:49 AM by acenci »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 04, 2015, 12:02:06 PM »
You're beating him with money and not with content.
You know what? I disagree. Eric is a beggar. He tries so hard to sell his books (most of which only have 1 review - I wonder who that might be from), beg for donations and profiteer from advertisement. He's also the one who decided that he's so cheap that he's going to host his forum on a free boards site (which in turn allowed me to advertise there) instead of spending some pocket money on a proper host. If he knew what he's doing, he'd be the one with money. He's trying to make money on his escapades, but he has no idea how to do so.

We, on the other hand, quite literally do not offer any avenues for ourselves to profit from. You can't donate to us (even though people wanted to!), and our CafePress store is set to not have any markup (i.e. the prices there are the prices CafePress demands - we have no cut from it at all).

The ad on Eric's site, which I'm paying for out of my own pocket, is setting me back just a couple dollars per day. I'm far from rich, either. I would argue that if you can't afford to occasionally invest $30 into something you care about, you simply don't care enough.

As for content, I guess it depends on what you mean by "content". We're the organisation to actually produce an electronic copy of the first edition of Zetetic Astronomy (available from our library). We got it because we cared and were willing to put in some effort. It wasn't even that difficult.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 12:17:03 PM by pizaaplanet »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 04, 2015, 05:03:40 PM »
We're also the organization with the Wiki and with models that actually work. So we have that going for us.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Ghost of V

« Reply #98 on: April 04, 2015, 05:12:27 PM »
As for content, I guess it depends on what you mean by "content". We're the organisation to actually produce an electronic copy of the first edition of Zetetic Astronomy (available from our library). We got it because we cared and were willing to put in some effort. It wasn't even that difficult.

acenci, also note how we are not charging for this information. All this knowledge is free for anyone interested. Compare that to Doober's model of, "this is true, and to discover why just pay the low low price of $29.99 for my book!"

« Reply #99 on: April 04, 2015, 08:39:57 PM »
Thanks to all for the information. Since it costs so little, I will suggest to our administrator to pay for the same ads.