Rama Set

Re: Trump
« Reply #8720 on: March 28, 2021, 10:09:57 PM »
Classic Tom. Only addressing half the post and ignoring context of how many times you declared the death of Biden's campaign despite being wrong at every juncture.  I guess I was wrong, you can lie your way out of this.

What was proven wrong, exactly? Did a court declare that Powell's witnesses were lying or misrepresenting the truth?

No. The supreme court dismissed the cases before they could start on technicalities such as standing. That is basically a null result.

That is basically saying that they didn’t have a valid legal theory.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #8721 on: March 28, 2021, 10:11:18 PM »
The supreme court dismissed the cases before they could start on technicalities such as standing. That is basically a null result.

The case must have 'started' for the court to decide whether or not it had standing to proceed. They must have considered the claimant's submission in order to decide it had no standing.

If it did not, that's a loss for the claimant submitting the case. Unless "null result" has some meaning in law that you can tell us about ...?
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.
=============================

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8722 on: March 29, 2021, 04:45:56 AM »
Its probably all intentional.

Intentionally present cases with huge technicality issues(misspellings, wrong procedures, etc...) so the judge doesn't even want to waste the court's time.

People like Tom then point to it and say "See?  Proof she's right!  They won't even look at the evidence, its so powerful and would ruin democracy!".

So Powell and her ilk get to keep pedling the claims without having to also prove it in a court of law.  And Trumpers just eat it up.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8723 on: March 29, 2021, 02:52:26 PM »
So Powell and her ilk get to keep pedling the claims without having to also prove it in a court of law.  And Trumpers just eat it up.

... and Vladimir Putin leans back in his comfy leather chair with a knowing smile.
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8724 on: March 29, 2021, 03:29:24 PM »

... and Vladimir Putin leans back in his comfy leather chair with a knowing smile.

Nah.  He's probably like "How the fuck did we lose the cold war to these morons?"
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline WTF_Seriously

• Nobody Important
    • View Profile
« Reply #8725 on: March 29, 2021, 08:17:25 PM »

Nah.  He's probably like "How the fuck did we lose the cold war to these morons?"

Never underestimate a moron's willingness and desire to blow up all things not whitely American at any expense..
Flat-Earthers seem to have a very low standard of evidence for what they want to believe but an impossibly high standard of evidence for what they don’t want to believe.

Lee McIntyre, Boston University

Rama Set

« Reply #8726 on: April 04, 2021, 08:59:23 PM »
Trump totally not being a grifter but using his massive fortune to fight for the average American:

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/trump-donors-fume-over-fine-print-which-allowed-campaign-to-charge-their-accounts-over-and-over/

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8727 on: April 04, 2021, 10:40:53 PM »
Trump totally not being a grifter but using his massive fortune to fight for the average American:

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/trump-donors-fume-over-fine-print-which-allowed-campaign-to-charge-their-accounts-over-and-over/

Seems par for the course to me.  Wonder if he lost any voters....

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #8728 on: April 05, 2021, 03:38:43 AM »

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #8729 on: April 28, 2021, 06:33:33 AM »
Ladders! I guess Trump was hoping that they wouldn’t think of that. Or possibly he didn’t know that ladders were a thing

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/apr/24/donald-trump-border-wall-scaled-ladders
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8730 on: April 28, 2021, 09:37:40 AM »
Ladders! I guess Trump was hoping that they wouldn’t think of that. Or possibly he didn’t know that ladders were a thing

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/apr/24/donald-trump-border-wall-scaled-ladders

And only Trumpers are shocked.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8731 on: April 28, 2021, 02:31:42 PM »

Vicente saw it coming years ago.
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8732 on: April 28, 2021, 06:27:30 PM »

Rama Set

« Reply #8733 on: April 30, 2021, 12:14:32 PM »

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #8734 on: April 30, 2021, 12:21:54 PM »
Everything about this multi-faceted Gaetzgate is just beyond insane.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8735 on: April 30, 2021, 01:35:34 PM »

Rama Set

« Reply #8736 on: April 30, 2021, 01:59:53 PM »
Wow.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/joel-greenberg-letter-written-for-roger-stone-says-matt-gaetz-paid-for-sex-with-minor

Imagine being dumb enough to write this letter.

Maybe he feels guilty?

He apparently wrote it to aid his attempt to purchase a pardon from Trump, so he obviously knows what he did was illegal.  Whether or not he feels guilty is another question.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8737 on: April 30, 2021, 10:08:34 PM »
I need a summary of this. Who is Matt Gaetz and why should I care?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8738 on: April 30, 2021, 10:48:55 PM »
Man, Tom must feel so mislead now.

From NPR News
Newsmax Issues Retraction And Apology To Dominion Employee Over Election Stories https://www.npr.org/2021/04/30/992534968/newsmax-issues-retraction-and-apology-to-dominion-employee-over-election-stories?sc=18&f=992534968

I mean, when even the most far right news outlet admits they were wrong about the election fraud, you KNOW there was nothing.

Rama Set

« Reply #8739 on: May 01, 2021, 12:41:52 AM »
I need a summary of this. Who is Matt Gaetz and why should I care?

A Trump loyalist who (allegedly, but almost certainly) paid minors for sex and brought them across state lines for the purpose. You should care because it’s awful.