Offline Trevor

• View Profile
Question about sun and earth movement
« on: September 27, 2017, 03:32:30 PM »
As someone who is curious about this way of thought, I was looking into the Q&A. I found two things that seem to contradict each other, and while I'm hoping I'm just misunderstanding, I really would like to know.

In the section, "How do you explain day/night cycles and seasons?" you give this great gif showing how the sun moves to give us different times of the day. You can see it here https://wiki.tfes.org/File:SunAnimation.gif. The gif brings the idea that the earth is staying still while the sun moves around us.

In the section, "Why doesn't gravity pull the earth into a spherical shape?", It mentions this, "The earth is constantly accelerating up at a rate of 32 feet per second squared (or 9.8 meters per second squared). This constant acceleration causes what you think of as gravity." This quote brings out the idea that the earth is spinning, while the first one suggested differently.

If I am misunderstanding this please inform me of what is actually going on. While I am not sold completely on the flat earth, the moon landing is fake.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Question about sun and earth movement
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 03:34:24 PM »
As someone who is curious about this way of thought, I was looking into the Q&A. I found two things that seem to contradict each other, and while I'm hoping I'm just misunderstanding, I really would like to know.

In the section, "How do you explain day/night cycles and seasons?" you give this great gif showing how the sun moves to give us different times of the day. You can see it here https://wiki.tfes.org/File:SunAnimation.gif. The gif brings the idea that the earth is staying still while the sun moves around us.

In the section, "Why doesn't gravity pull the earth into a spherical shape?", It mentions this, "The earth is constantly accelerating up at a rate of 32 feet per second squared (or 9.8 meters per second squared). This constant acceleration causes what you think of as gravity." This quote brings out the idea that the earth is spinning, while the first one suggested differently.

If I am misunderstanding this please inform me of what is actually going on. While I am not sold completely on the flat earth, the moon landing is fake.

In the Universal Acceleration model, the earth undergoes constant uniform acceleration, but it is not spinning.

Offline Trevor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 03:49:00 PM »

In the Universal Acceleration model, the earth undergoes constant uniform acceleration, but it is not spinning.

If the earth isn't spinning what part of it is accelerating

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 04:05:42 PM »

In UA, the entire earth is uniformly accelerating along with everything in its non-inertial frame of reference.

Offline Trevor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 05:04:04 PM »

In UA, the entire earth is uniformly accelerating along with everything in its non-inertial frame of reference.

Im having a hard time understanding that. Could you please explain it?