Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #11080 on: January 09, 2024, 09:56:50 AM »
It's fairly clear that in the full clip Trump is talking about electromagnets. Trump is shortening 'electromagnet' to 'magnet', as it is a type of magnet which is already explicitly defined in the full speech to be the type in question.

At the 1:30 minute mark of the below fuller video of the clip he even launches into a story about how an engineer named Bill Jones from the NAVY was talking to him and comparing the older and more reliable steam systems with the electromagnetic systems on ships. One of the problems mentioned is that when the electromagnetic systems were exposed to water they would shut down. This is where the concern about water comes from.

The electromagnetic systems the engineer worked on on those NAVY ships was assuredly "waterproofed", but the doors to the systems had to be opened for work and maintenance. The engineer suggests he is concerned about giant waves hitting the ship during maintenance and the water making its way inside and damaging the components, when this was not an issue with previous designs.

So Trump is giving away vulnerabilities to our naval ships now? 
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11081 on: January 09, 2024, 12:41:34 PM »
It's fairly clear that in the full clip Trump is talking about electromagnets. Trump is shortening 'electromagnet' to 'magnet', as it is a type of magnet which is already explicitly defined in the full speech to be the type in question.

At the 1:30 minute mark of the below fuller video of the clip he even launches into a story about how an engineer named Bill Jones from the NAVY was talking to him and comparing the older and more reliable steam systems with the electromagnetic systems on ships. One of the problems mentioned is that when the electromagnetic systems were exposed to water they would shut down. This is where the concern about water comes from.

The electromagnetic systems the engineer worked on on those NAVY ships was assuredly "waterproofed", but the doors to the systems had to be opened for work and maintenance. The engineer suggests he is concerned about giant waves hitting the ship during maintenance and the water making its way inside and damaging the components, when this was not an issue with previous designs.

So Trump is giving away vulnerabilities to our naval ships now?

Every time Trump says something staggeringly stupid, I think I'm looking at at the absolutely dumbest piece of shit on the planet. But then I remember there are millions of idiots that believe him and support him. It makes me sad.

Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #11082 on: January 09, 2024, 11:34:42 PM »
Personally, I tend to take anything that Trump says with a grain of salt, doubly so for any second hand stories that he tells.  Not trying to drag this too far off topic, but it should be well known by now that the USS Ford is a first in its class ship that is including an awful lot of new technology and its growing pains are to be expected.  Sure, the electromagnetic catapults and landing systems (among many other new systems) have been problematic, but are necessary because the old steam powered systems can't be dialed down enough to launch and recover the much smaller and lighter UAVs that are becoming more and more common and important to the future of naval warfare.

I wonder if Trump is somehow trying to blame the woes of the Ford class on Biden when so much of the ship's history spans several Republican administrations, including his own.

I also like how Trump keeps claiming that presidents need immunity, but he did nothing wrong.  If he didn't do anything wrong, then why would he need immunity?  It seems to me that
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• View Profile
« Reply #11083 on: January 10, 2024, 02:29:45 AM »

I can't tell if it was made by a real-life Trumpian or somebody making fun of the Donald.
Sadly, Trump posted it like it's real.

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline markjo

• View Profile
« Reply #11084 on: January 10, 2024, 02:53:35 AM »
Trump might want to rethink his claim of absolute presidential immunity.  Biden might just get some ideas about how to get Trump off of all the ballots once and for all.
"I asked you a yes or no question," the judge said. "Could a president who ordered SEAL Team Six to assassinate a political rival, who was not impeached, would he be subject to criminal prosecution?"

"If he were impeached and convicted first, and so — " Sauer began.

"So your answer is no," Pan said.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• View Profile
« Reply #11085 on: January 10, 2024, 03:48:46 AM »
Trump might want to rethink his claim of absolute presidential immunity.  Biden might just get some ideas about how to get Trump off of all the ballots once and for all.
"I asked you a yes or no question," the judge said. "Could a president who ordered SEAL Team Six to assassinate a political rival, who was not impeached, would he be subject to criminal prosecution?"

Trump was always so jealous of Putin because he could just make his opponents 'fall out of a window.' It sounds cool until you're not President anymore and have to stay away from windows.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11086 on: January 10, 2024, 06:22:07 AM »

Biden could also rig the election and it would be legal since congress won't impeach him and find him guilty. 
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #11087 on: January 10, 2024, 02:07:59 PM »
they're making this argument because they don't believe it will ever apply to biden. their dream is for the trial to be delayed, get trump elected in 2024, then have the courts rule that the president is an unquestionable deity with supreme authority, then manufacture a "reason" to suspend the constitution and future elections and start executing political enemies. that's the end goal. they're not even hiding it lol.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

« Reply #11088 on: January 11, 2024, 03:48:44 PM »
https://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-says-his-businesses-did-services-for-foreign-governments-2024-1

lol just so we're clear, trump isn't even denying doing the thing that he's saying biden should be impeached for, which has literally no evidence to support it in biden's case. jesus christ.

"I don't get $8 million for doing nothing," Trump added.

literal lmao my ass is all the way off rn fr
« Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 04:57:36 PM by garygreen »
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11089 on: January 11, 2024, 07:09:38 PM »
https://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-says-his-businesses-did-services-for-foreign-governments-2024-1

lol just so we're clear, trump isn't even denying doing the thing that he's saying biden should be impeached for, which has literally no evidence to support it in biden's case. jesus christ.

"I don't get $8 million for doing nothing," Trump added.

literal lmao my ass is all the way off rn fr

He could have meant roomservice.  And "entertainment".

Offline markjo

• View Profile
« Reply #11090 on: January 17, 2024, 09:52:17 PM »
Trump has been in enough trials that you would think that he should know how to behave himself.  Apparently not.
"Mr. Trump has the right to be present here. That right can be forfeited, and it can be forfeited if he is disruptive and if he disregards court orders," U.S. District Judge Lewis Kaplan told Trump and his attorney after the jury had left the courtroom. "Mr. Trump, I hope I don’t have to consider excluding you from the trial. I understand you are very eager for me to do that," the judge said.

"I would love it. I would love it," Trump responded.

"I know you would because you just can’t control yourself in this circumstance. You just can't," the judge shot back before an exasperated Trump threw his hands in the air.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• View Profile
« Reply #11091 on: January 20, 2024, 04:41:11 PM »
Roger Stone, Trump's henchman permanently tattooed with Nixon's face, who called in right wing extremist like the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers to attack our nation's capital along with the mob of sub-normal MAGAnoids is back in the news.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/jan/19/roger-stone-prosecuted-eric-swalwell-alleged-death-threat

Which reminds us of this video.

Bonus question:
Which capeshit arch-villain are we looking at?
I was thinking Penguin but it could be Joker, maybe General Zod with his superpowers neutralized by some kind of force field.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11092 on: January 22, 2024, 10:16:33 PM »
Vegas odds are currently in Trump's favor. If you believe Joe "c'mon man" Biden is going to win, it's an easy bet and it makes big bucks.

Odds         Implied % Chance
Donald Trump   +120                 45.5%
Joe Biden      +200                 33.3%

Offline markjo

• View Profile
« Reply #11093 on: January 24, 2024, 10:38:28 PM »
Look's like Trump's AI ain't quite so smart either.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #11094 on: January 27, 2024, 03:47:32 PM »
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11095 on: January 30, 2024, 08:17:56 PM »
https://www.npr.org/2024/01/26/1226626397/trump-defamation-trial

Winning bigly.

Trump is actually winning 1 - 0 on these sex lawsuits after all appeals are concluded. As I recall you guys spent years gloating over this person.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 05:28:18 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11096 on: January 31, 2024, 10:25:00 AM »
https://www.npr.org/2024/01/26/1226626397/trump-defamation-trial

Winning bigly.

Trump is actually winning 1 - 0 on these sex lawsuits after all appeals are concluded. As I recall you guys spent years gloating over this person.

Why are you holding up a defermation lawsuit as a victory against sexual assault suit?
Stormy was a willing participant in grandpa sex with Trump and her issue was the hush money she got paid which may have been illegal.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11097 on: January 31, 2024, 03:58:32 PM »
The case honk lined to was a defamation case, just like the case in the screenshot was a defamation case. Trump also called Stormy names which 'defamed' her character. But alas, in the end it was Stormy who was told to pay Trump and not Trump who was told to pay Stormy.

Online AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #11098 on: January 31, 2024, 04:59:29 PM »
The case honk lined to was a defamation case, just like the case in the screenshot was a defamation case. Trump also called Stormy names which 'defamed' her character. But alas, in the end it was Stormy who was told to pay Trump and not Trump who was told to pay Stormy.
So she has to pay him $300k, and he has to pay E. Jean Carroll $83 million.
I guess that pretty much evens out.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11099 on: January 31, 2024, 07:11:36 PM »

Ah, right.  Sorry, its hard to keep track of all the different cases he's fighting.