Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #6980 on: November 18, 2020, 10:51:50 PM »
I WON THE ELECTION!

Offline AATW

• View Profile
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #6982 on: November 18, 2020, 11:06:23 PM »
Well, this Michigan republican doesnt see all the problems Donnie keeps preaching...

Story here: https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/politics/2020/11/18/michigan-republican-mayor-trump-deliberately-lying-to-americans-about-election/

But for those who dont want to click shady ass links, the quote:

“President Trump is deliberately lying to Americans and the world about the Michigan election results in order to create uncertainty, fear and distrust in our democracy. His temper tantrums on Twitter and baseless lies about the election should be universally condemned by all patriotic Americans, regardless of who you voted for"
“The President knows he lost and understands completely that on January 20, 2021 at 12:00 pm he will no longer be president; but his pride is more important to him than our nation and our democracy. This charade continues at a severe cost to our nation; we deserve better. It is time for all Americans to demand honor, integrity and the truth from our President - particularly elected Republicans in Michigan who should take great offense to the President’s assault on the integrity of our state’s election. It is also time for our President-Elect to receive the assistance he deserves from our federal government to begin the peaceful transition of power"

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6983 on: November 18, 2020, 11:07:54 PM »
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Online honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #6984 on: November 18, 2020, 11:23:19 PM »
Here are your democrat heroes threatening the children of Wayne County, Michigan, elections officials to get them to certify the election: https://mobile.twitter.com/correctthemedia/status/1328969920357535744?s=19

Maybe it was a bit rude of him to bring up the lady's kids, but he didn't threaten her or her kids at all. In fact, the video stops before he even finishes the sentence, leading me to suspect that it was probably going to conclude on a distinctly non-threatening note. What kind of argument is this, anyway? Are Democrats or liberals supposed to be apologizing for or feeling ashamed of every unsavory person professing allegiance to them? If that's the kind of logic we're working with, I could come up with a very, very long list of toxic, racist, and thoroughly abhorrent people singing Trump's praises - many of whom Trump has retweeted, promoted, or even given actual jobs to. Here's his latest pick on that latter point:

https://www.mediamatters.org/donald-trump/assistant-defense-secretary-nominee-scott-ogrady-promoted-qanon-accounts-right-wing

O'Grady's military service is admirable, but it does not qualify him for such an important position, and neither does his trigger-the-libs shitposting, although that's certainly what got him the nomination to begin with. These are the kind of people that Trump attracts and promotes. We're past the stage of qualified civil servants trying to do their best for the country and then being fired and badmouthed by Trump for not being sufficiently loyal to him personally. All he has left now are grifters, self-promoters, conspiracy theorists, and trolls looking to make a splash.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6985 on: November 18, 2020, 11:53:05 PM »
Imagine defending and justifying threats to children just because you hate Trump.

Offline Iceman

• View Profile
« Reply #6986 on: November 19, 2020, 12:01:38 AM »
Imagine defending and justifying threats to children just because you hate Trump.

Making threats to children would clearly be reprehensible. But separating them from their families and throwing them in cages is still fine, we should totally see more of that happening.

Rama Set

« Reply #6987 on: November 19, 2020, 12:46:05 AM »

Imagine making up threats to kids because you’re a sore loser lol.

Rama Set

« Reply #6988 on: November 19, 2020, 12:49:26 AM »

Making threats to children would clearly be reprehensible. But separating them from their families and throwing them in cages is still fine, we should totally see more of that happening.

Don’t take the bait. There was no threat made. It’s a preposterous claim by Bom Tishop.

Offline Iceman

• View Profile
« Reply #6989 on: November 19, 2020, 01:23:42 AM »
Yeah, definitely haven't swallowed any hooks - the key word in the previous post was 'would'

I've just been enjoying watching people in glass houses throw stones

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #6990 on: November 19, 2020, 01:31:27 AM »

There's no defense needed, I just don't see the threat. But if you want to get into the game of "Imagine defending and justifying..." have at it. I think you and yours would lose biggly and by a yuge margin.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6991 on: November 19, 2020, 01:58:56 AM »
So 10 Repubs (out of 80) signed a letter? And that is supposed to mean or do what?

It's the MI Senate, not the US Senate. There are 38 of them. Republican controlled. Leading members of that the MI Senate just signed a letter suggesting that they are not going to go along with the results.

There's no defense needed, I just don't see the threat.

Yes, I am sure you believe that he called her out on where she lives and what school her children go to because he is really just concerned about how her children will feel sad when talking to black kids.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 02:00:49 AM by Tom Bishop »

Rama Set

« Reply #6992 on: November 19, 2020, 02:00:41 AM »
So 10 Repubs (out of 80) signed a letter? And that is supposed to mean or do what?

It's the MI Senate, not the US Senate. There are 38 of them. Republican controlled. The leading members of that group just signed a letter of intent.

Oh no. #nottheirpresident

Yes, I am sure you believe that he called her out on what school her children go to because he is really just concerned about how her children will feel sad when talking to black kids.

This but unironically. I think it’s a shitty tactic, but for there to be a threat, there has to be... you know. A threat.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 02:03:33 AM by Rama Set »

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #6993 on: November 19, 2020, 02:29:18 AM »

It's the MI Senate, not the US Senate. There are 38 of them. Republican controlled. Leading members of that the MI Senate just signed a letter suggesting that they are not going to go along with the results.

The letter was signed by State Reps and State Senators. There are 38 Senators and 110 Reps. 10 amongst them all signed a letter. Get your facts straight.

Yes, I am sure you believe that he called her out on where she lives and what school her children go to because he is really just concerned about how her children will feel sad when talking to black kids.

Still don't see the threat as all is public record.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #6994 on: November 19, 2020, 02:59:04 AM »
https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/11/checkmate-in-pennsylvania-for-the-trump-campaign/

Oh look an article in the conservative media is saying it's over for Trump
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6995 on: November 19, 2020, 04:17:35 AM »
The county involving the democrat making implied threats against children of election official Monica Palmer has reversed their decision to certify the results. The elections officials are now claiming that they were bullied into certifying the results and that there are too many irregularities.

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/elections/wayne-county-election-board-republicans-say-they-were-bullied-rescind

"The comments made accusations of racism and threatened me and members of my family," Palmer said in her affidavit.

Rama Set

« Reply #6996 on: November 19, 2020, 04:48:34 AM »
The county involving the democrat making implied threats against children of election official Monica Palmer has reversed their decision to certify the results. The elections officials are now claiming that they were bullied into certifying the results and that there are too many irregularities.

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/elections/wayne-county-election-board-republicans-say-they-were-bullied-rescind

"The comments made accusations of racism and threatened me and members of my family," Palmer said in her affidavit.

Hope there is some evidence. That video contained no threat.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6997 on: November 19, 2020, 04:57:14 AM »

Oh thats what that letter was?  I thought it was ordinary citizens.  Yes, we can trust that republicans would never try to keep Trump in power by any means necessary....

But if she was an election official, then she lives in the polling place she works.  Therefore its not hard to know what school district that is.  And since the zoom call wasn't on national TV, what did he hope to achieve?  And why was the sentence cut off, and how do YOU know he was right in the high school her kids go to?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6998 on: November 19, 2020, 05:15:08 AM »
The next time you're in court try ranting at a judge that you know where she lives and where her children go to school and see how that works out for you. Plenty of people would interpret that as a threat.

Whether Judge, Police Officer, Elections Official, all the same. A person in power being attacked verbally by someone who chooses to bring up that they know where their children go to school.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6999 on: November 19, 2020, 05:23:21 AM »
The next time you're in court try ranting at a judge that you know where she lives and where her children go to school and see how that works out for you. Plenty of people would interpret that as a threat.

Whether Judge, Police Officer, Elections Official, all the same. A person in power being attacked verbally by someone who chooses to bring up that they know where their children go to school.

Context is important.
Also the rest of the sentence.
AND if he was right.  IS he correct?  Did thst guy know her kids when to that school?  Does she even HAVE school children?  Answer me that.