Let's talk about gravity
« on: March 27, 2021, 02:00:55 PM »
Hi there, I've been pondering gravity in the FET and I can't make it work. Looking at the wiki and FAQ on this site doesn't help.

Obviously, the standard model of gravity can't work with a disc shaped world so one answer to explain away gravity in the FET is to suggest that we're undergoing "Universal Acceleration" at 1G. I have a few problems with this idea.

1) Were does the energy come from to constantly accelerate the earth, moon and everything else at 1G for millennia?

2) Just how fast are we moving through the cosmos after millions of years of 1G acceleration?

3) How can the varying gravitational attraction of the various bodies we can observe be explained, if everything is accelerating at the same rate?

Saturn and the moon have very different gravitational attraction, so wouldn't that mean they are accelerating at different rates? If that is the case, why are all the planets, asteroids and moons all still very close to the same plane?

It just doesn't work as an explanation for me.

Re: Let's talk about gravity
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 03:17:03 PM »
Hi there, I've been pondering gravity in the FET and I can't make it work. Looking at the wiki and FAQ on this site doesn't help.

Obviously, the standard model of gravity can't work with a disc shaped world so one answer to explain away gravity in the FET is to suggest that we're undergoing "Universal Acceleration" at 1G. I have a few problems with this idea.

1) Were does the energy come from to constantly accelerate the earth, moon and everything else at 1G for millennia?

2) Just how fast are we moving through the cosmos after millions of years of 1G acceleration?

3) How can the varying gravitational attraction of the various bodies we can observe be explained, if everything is accelerating at the same rate?

Saturn and the moon have very different gravitational attraction, so wouldn't that mean they are accelerating at different rates? If that is the case, why are all the planets, asteroids and moons all still very close to the same plane?

It just doesn't work as an explanation for me.

First, they don't believe the universe exists, so all talk of Saturn etc. is moot to them. If you stop to think about it, their belief that the universe doesn't exist speaks a lot more to the extent of their delusion than merely believing the earth is flat.

Also, there are a couple of things you forgot to mention:

1. The "upward" force would have to be EXACTLY 90 degrees to the plane of the flat earth. Even a deviation of 0.0000000000000000001 degree would eventually cause a spin.

2. The weight of the earth would have to be EXACTLY evenly distributed (think of a server carrying a tray of beer). The slightest unevenness would cause one side to drop in relation to the other (think of said server taking beer glasses off the tray without alternating sides).

This requires perfect symmetry of the earth, which has never been claimed by FEers because they've never had anyone bring this up before (or they've invented a reason why it doesn't apply).
Devout and strictly adherent Atheist.

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2021, 03:55:52 PM »
Good questions also, I feel observable gravity is the biggest thorn in the side of FET. It's just impossible not to sound ridiculous trying to explain it away with magical forces of unknown origin, when the mass warping space time explanation is so elegant and able to predict with great accuracy what we observe.

Universal acceleration is a preposterous idea, truly.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 11:01:52 AM »
First, they don't believe the universe exists
This is nonsense. Please refrain from misleading newcomers about FET. I will not ask you twice.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline RazaTD

• A rational man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2021, 12:52:59 PM »
Good questions also, I feel observable gravity is the biggest thorn in the side of FET. It's just impossible not to sound ridiculous trying to explain it away with magical forces of unknown origin, when the mass warping space time explanation is so elegant and able to predict with great accuracy what we observe.

Universal acceleration is a preposterous idea, truly.

FE explains gravity using UA and Celestial Gravitation. UA is the upwards acceleration and celestial gravitation is the gravity that celestial bodies like Earth, Sun, and Moon exert.

Celestial gravitation is invoked to explain the local variances in the value of gravity (it is not 9.81 everywhere) because UA can’t do that.

In my other post, I demonstrate some of the problems with this model. I will summarize them here. First, the wiki does not explain what property of Earth makes it exert gravity. If it is matter, then celestial gravity is just another name for normal gravity and UA, which was originally devised to replace gravity is becomes pointless.

If both UA and celestial gravitation do work together then the issue is to demonstrate that celestial gravitation’s value is far less than RE’s gravity to keep it distinct. Otherwise, again there will be no use for UA.
A rational man