Offline Epic Sauce

• epic!
    • View Profile
Questions on Flat Earth
« on: November 02, 2017, 12:52:06 PM »
What is the point of believing in Flat Earth? What would be the reason that the Government would fake the fact that the world is a globe? I am interested in your reasoning behind why they would go through the effort, not if it is flat or round.
cringe ad bluepilled.....

devils advocate

Re: Questions on Flat Earth
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 09:48:34 AM »
Well turn it around Epic Sauce, what's the point in believing in round earth? You are sure the earth is round the Flat Earthers are sure the earth is flat. Both sides take on the evidence they need to justify their position and fill any holes with "other stuff".

NASA and other space agencies, satellite companies, GPS manufacturers, navigators, pilots etc.........

(List will vary depending upon each FE'r personal beliefs-remember there is no such thing as THE Flat Earth opinion on anything other than the flatness)

......and the governments that fund them MUST surely be on board of the conspiracy otherwise the conspiracy wouldn't work. Hence there is a conspiracy, the government are part of it. This helps keep Flat earth belief alive therefore it MUST be true. That is why they do it. Make sense? Welcome to the Flat earth.

Offline Epic Sauce

• epic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 12:39:31 PM »
You're ignoring my question, I wanted to know why might the government or anyone really try to hide the fact that the earth is flat, not if it is or not.

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 01:01:47 PM »
You're ignoring my question, I wanted to know why might the government or anyone really try to hide the fact that the earth is flat, not if it is or not.
Most commonly cited reason: money. But there's likely others out there including overlap with other conspiracy theories.

devils advocate

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 01:06:49 PM »

Because if the government didn't hide the fact the earth was flat there could be no conspiracy, if there was no conspiracy then Flat Earth could not exist, because the flat earthers want flat earth to exist there must therefore be a conspiracy thus that is the reason why the government is hiding the fact.

Offline mtnman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 02:25:58 PM »

Because if the government didn't hide the fact the earth was flat there could be no conspiracy, if there was no conspiracy then Flat Earth could not exist, because the flat earthers want flat earth to exist there must therefore be a conspiracy thus that is the reason why the government is hiding the fact.

Circular logic on a flat Earth?

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2017, 04:12:08 PM »
Are all the other planets flat?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 04:19:38 PM by Thisisnuts »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2017, 04:52:32 PM »
Are all the other planets flat?

Try reading the FAQ and wiki first. Thanks!

Offline Epic Sauce

• epic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2017, 05:08:44 PM »
Most commonly cited reason: money. But there's likely others out there including overlap with other conspiracy theories.
Are there any other reasons? I would like to hear someone explain why they would use flat earth out of all things to launder money.

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2017, 05:31:36 PM »
Are there any other reasons? I would like to hear someone explain why they would use flat earth out of all things to launder money.
The only other one I know off the top of my head was one person spouting about lizard people. Like most things FE though, you're likely to find nearly as much variation as there are people. But remember here the commonly held reason is they faked space travel for military superiority. At least that's what the wiki appears to espouse. The wiki isn't always right, even for the members of this site though.

devils advocate

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2017, 10:44:59 PM »

I read earlier that apparently the flat earth "hides" large land masses which contain resources thus the government want to hide it to avoid sharing these resources. Although which government was not made clear....