Offline jimster

• View Profile
the sun at night
« on: July 16, 2018, 01:50:40 AM »
On FE at night, the sun is still up there but we can't see it. At night, I can see stars all over the sky, so wherever the sun is, I can see the stars right through it. They are dim and the sun is bright. How can this be?
I am really curious about so many FE things, like how at sunset in Denver, people in St Louis see the dome as dark with stars, while people in Salt Lake City see the same dome as light blue. FE scientists don't know or won't tell me.

alfred1

Re: the sun at night
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 12:23:17 PM »
On FE at night, the sun is still up there but we can't see it. At night, I can see stars all over the sky, so wherever the sun is, I can see the stars right through it. They are dim and the sun is bright. How can this be?
Maybe its transparent as well as small  :D ;D

BillO

Re: the sun at night
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 01:45:57 PM »
The Sun in the FE fantasy er, ... hypothesis is a strange beast.

First, we know that half the earth's area is lit at all times, however the FE 'model' for the sun:https://wiki.tfes.org/Sun shows it illuminates only about 1/4 of the surface.  Hmm...maybe that picture is wrong, or the FE 'hypothesis' is wrong.  How would you even create a sun on a flat earth that lights exactly half?  Does it have little shields attached to it?

Also, Tom Bishop, on or about July 10th in the 'Full Moon' thread makes this illuminating statement:
The moon doesn't have to be within the sun's area of light that shines on the earth. The sun and moon are at similar altitudes, so the light from the sun can proceed unimpeded.
Which tells us that the Sun's radiation pattern is really, really odd.  I had asked Tom if he could supply that, but he ignored me.  Perhaps the Sun, all wrapped up in special little shields and all, has a little mini-sun that tracks and shines a cone of light at the moon as the moon goes about it's little dance?

How complicated does this have to get before it begins to work?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 02:26:12 PM by BillO »