Recent Posts

Flat Earth Theory / Re: gravity in different places and universal acceleration
« Last post by Tom Bishop on April 10, 2024, 11:59:22 PM »
The surface of the earth is most certainly accelerating upwards. See the page on Universal Acceleration and the sub pages in the end section which goes through the evidence. There is so much evidence for this that even in the official Round Earth Theory, the surface of the earth is accelerating upwards through the hidden dimension of curved spacetime to explain the multitude of physical and experimental evidence. The fact that mainstream physicists need this sort of meta-physics with hidden realities to conjure together an explanation is itself a proof, and one of my favorite proofs.

In regards to the gravitational changes by location, there have been some internal FE hypotheses over the years that the earth is accelerating upwards as the primary effect and there may be a small amount of gravitation as an addition. However, the latest research on gravitational variations seems to show that there is conflicting evidence on this subject and there likely are  no gravity changes. Universal Acceleration reigns supreme. See this page on that topic: https://wiki.tfes.org/Variations_in_Gravity
Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: Trump
« Last post by Roundy on April 10, 2024, 11:48:36 PM »
"The former president owns a majority stake in the company and his stake was valued at about $2.9 billion on Monday, down from a peak of over $6 billion after its debut on its trading debut."

It sounds like Trump's stake is still worth billions. This still appears to be his most profitable venture, and appears to be a doing lot better than most business ventures.

As long as you're Trump, of course. All those people who made him rich by investing in his worthless shit, on the other hand...
« Last post by Tom Bishop on April 10, 2024, 11:46:26 PM »
"The former president owns a majority stake in the company and his stake was valued at about $2.9 billion on Monday, down from a peak of over $6 billion after its debut on its trading debut."

It sounds like Trump's stake is still worth billions. This still appears to be his most profitable venture, and appears to be a doing lot better than most business ventures.
Flat Earth Theory / gravity in different places and universal acceleration
« Last post by jimster on April 10, 2024, 08:27:49 PM »
I saw a video where a man had a scale and a weight that he showed, then took went on an airliner a thousand miles away and showed the weight was slightly different. I googled "does gravity vary in different places?". I got results that said that due to different mass in different places, gravity does vary. Greater in mountains, less above trenches, which makes sense if gravity is attraction between masses as claimed by conventional consensus science.

Questions for FEs: Is this true, does gravity vary slightly in different places? Perhaps error or conspiracy? If gravity does vary, and gravity is due to universal acceleration (per the wiki?), does that mean that different places have slightly different acceleration? Seems to me that would distort the flatness over time. Places with less gravity would accelerate slightly slower, thus falling behind and so getting lower and lower compared to average, and mountains having more gravity would be accelerating. They would get continuously higher.

Should the universal acceleration theory be discarded, or is there an FE explanation for varying gravity?
« Last post by Rushy on April 10, 2024, 02:09:47 PM »
Buy the dip!
Flat Earth Investigations / Re: I am wondering why I do not see...
« Last post by AATW on April 10, 2024, 10:26:03 AM »
Also see this image:
I'm pretty sure the globe earth paths shown on that are from more than one eclipse, I'd like to see the source for that.
And is your claim that this is an accurate FE map? If so how does it compare with known distances between places?
And how does the Sydney to Santiago flight work on that map? There's literally one in the air right now which you can track here:

https://uk.flightaware.com/live/flight/QFA27

(at the time of writing, here's a screenshot from about half an hour ago)

« Last post by AATW on April 10, 2024, 09:03:35 AM »
The Solar Eclipse eclipse paths on a Flat Earth make more sense to me than the Solar Eclipse paths on the Round Earth.

I think I've identified the issue.
This is a bit complicated but this video does a reasonable job of explaining it:

The headline is that straight lines when mapped on to a globe aren't straight when shown on a 2d map projection.
And the earth is rotating at different speeds at different latitudes, which complicates things.
Also note that the width of the eclipse path changes with latitude. The size of the shadow isn't different, it's just that the angle of the earth's surface with respect to that shadow is different which means it can be seen over a wider area.
« Last post by Tom Bishop on April 10, 2024, 01:55:43 AM »
The Solar Eclipse eclipse paths on a Flat Earth make more sense to me than the Solar Eclipse paths on the Round Earth. Consider the map paths on a Round Earth. On the eclipse path maps the Moon's shadow is making quite sharp North-South movements over the course of a few hours. However, the Moon does not orbit the earth in a sharp South-West to North-East angle.

In RE Moon's orbit deviates by only 5 degrees from the plane of the ecliptic, the Sun-Earth plane. It is also only moving slightly slower in the Sun in the sky, setting 50 minutes later each day

https://web.archive.org/web/20190211123505/http://ircamera.as.arizona.edu/Astr2016/lectures/skyappearance.htm

Consider how the above, with a Moon that moves slowly across the sky in comparison to the Sun, can make all of these wild shapes:

http://eclipse-maps.com/Eclipse-Maps/Welcome.html

Curiously, on a Northern Azimuthal FE map, the paths of the Solar Eclipse make symmetrical arcs:

From A Text-Book of Astronomy by George C. Comstock

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/34834/34834-h/34834-h.htm

Fig. 36.—Central eclipses for the first two decades of the twentieth century. Oppolzer.

Future eclipses.—An eclipse map of a different kind is shown in Fig. 36, which represents the shadow paths of [pg. 114] all the central eclipses of the sun, visible during the period 1900-1918 A. D., in those parts of the earth north of the south temperate zone. Each continuous black line shows the path of the shadow in a total eclipse, from its beginning, at sunrise, at the western end of the line to its end, sunset, at the eastern end, the little circle near the middle of the line showing the place at which the eclipse was total at noon. The broken lines represent similar data for the annular eclipses. This map is one of a series prepared by the Austrian astronomer, Oppolzer, showing the path of every such eclipse from the year 1200 B. C. [pg. 115] to 2160 A. D., a period of more than three thousand years.

Also see this image:

« Last post by stevecanuck on April 09, 2024, 11:03:26 PM »
Saw it today. Transcendent experience, I'm so glad I traveled to Texas to see it. I don't think it really proves anything about the shape of the Earth, but it's definitely a potent reminder of how awe-inspiring (and, dare I say, magical) the universe can be.

It could be used to create a juxtapostion map between moon and sun to be superimposed on a FE map to see if it makes sense. RE explains it perfectly. Can a FE model be created that does so?