Offline Love

• View Profile
Re: What is the problem with Atheism?
« Reply #320 on: July 30, 2016, 08:06:37 PM »
"Stupidity doesn't either, what's your point?"  I made my point.   You're the one who can't seem to make a point.

enjoying the conversation so I thought I would come back to make a few more comments.

"My point is that stupid people can be destructive and malicious just as much as smart people." Not true and obviously not true.   Stupid people can only be petty criminals whereas smart people can be master criminals.   "Being smart doesn't automatically make you anything."  You are right.  So far the only thing you said that is true.   "You're making unsupportable generalizations. "  No I am not.  I haven't said one thing that isn't true and easily observed to be true.  My initial post that you responded to still stands.

R

Can a stupid person kill someone? Yes! of course, is killing someone a "petty crime"? No!! and your original premise fell flat on its face.
  Not at all.   My premise stands and you haven't shown where I am wrong.    A smart person can kill lots of people and get away with it for a long time because he can out smart the police.   A smart person can run a crew.   A smart person can run the Chicago mob like Al Capone did.   Kill is an ambiguous term.   Killing is not always a crime.    Can a stupid person plan a murder and carry it out and get away with it?   No.   But smart people can.   I haven't said anything wrong. You are a nitpicker.  Your argument holds no weight at all if all you have to pick on is terminology.  Being obstinate and nitpicky doesn't make you right and my original post still stands.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 08:14:09 PM by Love »

Offline Love

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 30, 2016, 08:12:37 PM »
""That's not true at all! Evolution is critical in knowing biology, of understanding the world we live in and understanding the world we live in enables us interrelate to it."   ROFL
  Evolution is Bullshit.  The only people it helps are the sophists who get grants to write about it.  Dr. Ben Carson is a world class surgeon and he doesn't need evolution.  One can be an effective physician, engineer, biochemist and not believe in evolution.   Because applied math is the same thing as applied science and a biochemist studying nucleotide chemistry in the laboratory; using scientific method, will come to the same conclusions about their subject whether they believe in evolution or not.   

If you want to call mathematics science then fine.   But it really isn't.  Mathematics is free of any ideological influence.  The same can't be said for science.

By the way, "Dude" is a compliment.  It means a well dressed man who has a way with the ladies.  So thank you for addressing me as such.  Good day!

Learning music requires mathematics because the instructions for how to compose and play are complicated.   Music is not science.   But it needs mathematical analysis in order to expand into deeper levels of complexity.

"How many times are you going to keep repeating this? I gave you two definitions of mathematics, what more do you need? I'm calling it science because it is science by definition. You're making up your own definition, that doesn't work here!"  You are wrong.  Most mathematics has no practical application and exists outside the realm of science.   Math would exist without science but the opposite isn't true.

"I don't care what "dude" signifies, it doesn't promote your premise one bit."  Thank you anyway for calling me dude.  I take it as a compliment.

"ROFL" is not a logical defense of your position, it's valueless."  Not to me.   Not much in biology is well understood and evolution offers no insight at all.    Ben Carson is smarter than you and knows more about cellular chemistry than you and he thinks evolution is bullshit.  And it doesn't stop him from being a world class physician.    Obviously evolution offers no insight in medicine.  Nowhere else, either.

"Again, I don't care what Ben Carson thinks. If he has a formidable, rational response than post it with a link."  You have provided nothing formidable or rational so why should he?   He doesn't need evolution nor does any other Doctor.  Evolution is worthless except to put money into the pockets of sophists.  ROFL
R
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 08:20:44 PM by Love »

« Reply #322 on: July 30, 2016, 08:18:17 PM »
Good Lord... Love vs Robaroni. It's the poorly-formatted-tangled-up-quotes apocalypse! Also, this thread may never end...

Offline Robaroni

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 30, 2016, 08:20:20 PM »

R
"Anger is fear, (unfulfilled expectations)."

TNR
 (Yes, there is often a correlation between anger and fear. No, they are NOT the same thing.

http://www.2knowmyself.com/relationship_between_anger_and_fear

"Behind anger always lies fear, Even if the angry person appears to be strong and in control fear will always be the reason behind his anger."

"Whenever you find yourself angry just ask yourself one question, what am I afraid of?
If you found yourself shouting at another driver then you might find that you were afraid of the damage that was going to happen to your car."

http://www.psychologyineverydaylife.net/2012/05/29/masks-of-anger-the-fears-that-your-anger-may-be-hiding/

"What Is Anger All About?
There is a strong relationship between anger and fear. Anger is the fight part of the age-old fight-or-flight response to threat."

Once again, you missed my point spectacularly.

I agree, fear is often the reason behind anger. I agree that there is a strong relationship between the two. However, that is not my point.

You said "anger is fear". This is false.

Don't be ridiculous! Read back at what I've said all along. Fear is the root of anger! Geeze, Semantics? Don't waste my time.

There is a huge difference between "anger is fear" and "anger is the root of fear" or "anger is related to fear". The fact that you don't seem to think so is exactly what I mean by "lack of intellectual rigor".

R
 "The root of lust is fear." #233

TNR
"I agree with Jura. Bullshit. And I came to that conclusion based entirely on personal experience. That's what you asked for, isn't it?"

I thought we were talking about your statement "Anger is fear". Why are you bringing up lust now? That statement is wrong as well... but why bring it up?

We already went through fear, desire, anger, lust. Go back and reread it and stop with the nonsense.

I know you talked about all those other topics. What does this have to do with your "anger is fear" statement?

Edit: Most people gave up responding to the ironically named "Love" a long time ago. Fair warning.

I already discussed -with references- the root of anger - fear, hate - fear, lust - fear, etc. You were wrong about lust which is desire and the root of that desire is fear. When we desire power, for example, we fear our powerlessness.

You disagreed with my premise that love is the core of human existence. fine, so give me something more important to your emotional well being.

TNR
"but it certainly won't be the only answer"

So, again, CERTAINLY what's a better answer?? AND AGAIN, what is your life worth without loving and being loved? I'm still waiting for this answer too.

You can't just disagree, you haven't given an answer. Something is more important? What is it?

R

Offline Love

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 30, 2016, 08:21:31 PM »
Good Lord... Love vs Robaroni. It's the poorly-formatted-tangled-up-quotes apocalypse! Also, this thread may never end...
  I am going away soon.    Hope all is well where you are!

Offline Love

• View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 30, 2016, 08:23:10 PM »
  Thank you for reading,,, or at least trying to read

Offline Robaroni

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 30, 2016, 08:29:41 PM »

This statement is considered intellectual bankruptcy. It is an empty accusation in the attempt to diminish other debaters just as your statement at the beginning of this debate attempted to diminish me by calling me "Sonny". It didn't work then and it doesn't work now.

R

Offline Love

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 30, 2016, 08:33:17 PM »
Being 'smart" is nothing to be proud of.  Lots of criminals are 'smart'.   I can't tell you how many times I have heard about the high IQ's possessed by Bundy, Gacy, Manson, and so many more.  It would seem that in order to be a psycho criminal one would have to be a genius.
 There are a lot of miserable 'smart' people.  And there are a lot of so called 'stupid' people who lead rich lives and are well loved; because having a good heart is more important than having a good mind.
It's not the idiots who create most of the problems for the human race.  It is the well accomplished with their fancy college degrees; expensive haircuts and clothes.
 Stupid people can't create big problems.    Only brainy people can create big problems or be master criminals.  Stupid people can't enthrall the crowds with rhetoric of glory and create bizarre political movements or start wars.  Stupid people can't do white collar crime; which as I understand it costs society, in terms of money,  more than so called street crime.
"There once was a golden age because golden hearts beat in it.  If it returns it will be scarcely due to science."  Louis Imogen Guiney
Thank you for reading.

My original point:   aptitude doesn't necessarily indicate good character.   I don't need to defend this statement as it is obviously true.

My other point:  Creation is beautiful and we are all beautiful.  That doesn't mean we don't do ugly things.  We do.  We are our own worst enemies.  None the less we are beautiful.

courage is more important than brains and kindness is more important than courage.

Offline Love

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 30, 2016, 08:38:12 PM »

This statement is considered intellectual bankruptcy. It is an empty accusation in the attempt to diminish other debaters just as your statement at the beginning of this debate attempted to diminish me by calling me "Sonny". It didn't work then and it doesn't work now.

R

I think totes makes a good point....I don't feel diminished at all.   Quite the opposite.  I really don't know how to use this format.

Offline Love

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 30, 2016, 08:41:43 PM »
No hard feelings.   Be well, all!  Back after a few weeks.

Offline Robaroni

• View Profile
« Reply #330 on: July 30, 2016, 08:44:54 PM »
Being 'smart" is nothing to be proud of.  Lots of criminals are 'smart'.   I can't tell you how many times I have heard about the high IQ's possessed by Bundy, Gacy, Manson, and so many more.  It would seem that in order to be a psycho criminal one would have to be a genius.
 There are a lot of miserable 'smart' people.  And there are a lot of so called 'stupid' people who lead rich lives and are well loved; because having a good heart is more important than having a good mind.
It's not the idiots who create most of the problems for the human race.  It is the well accomplished with their fancy college degrees; expensive haircuts and clothes.
 Stupid people can't create big problems.    Only brainy people can create big problems or be master criminals.  Stupid people can't enthrall the crowds with rhetoric of glory and create bizarre political movements or start wars.  Stupid people can't do white collar crime; which as I understand it costs society, in terms of money,  more than so called street crime.
"There once was a golden age because golden hearts beat in it.  If it returns it will be scarcely due to science."  Louis Imogen Guiney
Thank you for reading.

My original point:   aptitude doesn't necessarily indicate good character.   I don't need to defend this statement as it is obviously true.

My other point:  Creation is beautiful and we are all beautiful.  That doesn't mean we don't do ugly things.  We do.  We are our own worst enemies.  None the less we are beautiful.

courage is more important than brains and kindness is more important than courage.

Lots of smart people aren't criminals too. And lots of smart people are happy, loving, compassionate people. You can't make generalizations that don't hold up to scrutiny.

I don't think "we are all beautiful". I think people who fly planes into building full of innocent people and leave children without mothers and fathers are not "beautiful" people. I think bigots are not "beautiful" people. I think people who rape other people are not "beautiful" people.

If smart people "enthrall the crowds with rhetoric of glory and create bizarre political movements or start wars" then who are the people acting on that rhetoric? Are they smart or are they stupid for being fooled?
Because I think if you educate yourself, read history and learn how the world works then "smart" people can never make you go into a war. It is the stupid masses that are lead into the sea like lemmings not the ones who have educated themselves.

R

« Reply #331 on: July 30, 2016, 08:55:53 PM »
I don't feel diminished at all.   Quite the opposite.  I really don't know how to use this format.

Code: [Select]
[quote]
[quote]
This is a quote within a quote.
[/quote]
This is a quote.
[/quote]

This is not in a quote

|
 |
V

This is a quote within a quote.
This is a quote.

This is not in a quote
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 08:57:55 PM by TotesNotReptilian »

Offline Love

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 05, 2016, 12:27:30 PM »
We are all beautiful in my opinion.  Any of us can be a monster but still at some level we are all an expression of a Divine Creator.  Luck (will of God?) more than anything else determines how our life will fall out.  We can plan and work but nobody knows the future or how are actions today will effect what happens tomorrow.  Some bad breaks and a few bad decisions and any of us could end up in jail.  I remember when I was in the Army (honorably discharged)  that if sent into combat I would follow orders and maybe kill innocent people in doing so;  who knows what they might be capable of in desperate situations like war?  We all make mistakes and I think practically everybody has times in their past when they wish they were smarter and better.

The same creative power in the likes of JS Bach or someone like that exists in all of us.  One more point: as Tolstoy pointed out beauty is often mistaken for goodness.

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 06, 2016, 09:39:00 PM »
Seventeen pages of commentary, and I cannot recall the last time anybody posted a comment remotely related to "Flat Earth General".  Perhaps this thread belongs in the "Philosophy, Religion, and Society" category.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline Love

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 09, 2016, 11:31:13 AM »
It's for the children.

Offline cel

• Think OUT of the box. Be a TRUTH SEEKER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 19, 2016, 06:27:47 PM »
It's for the children.

Not really, for me, it's for the unwise or shall we say, fools. My reason? simple. If you choose to be atheist, well, religion, say christianity, teaches a life (heavenly life is more attractive than that of hell) after this earthly life. Now, if this next life is indeed true, then unbeliever, atheist by choice, will go to hell and the believer can have that heavenly next life (well, assuming he/she is good christian of course :)   ); and if it is not true, well, the believer and the atheist both end in nothing. Who is wiser then? Certainly, the believer. Let's just be wiser in making choices like this... :)
You may wish to decipher how many squares are there in the 4x4 matrix of my profile image. If you do, tell me! That way I can tell if you really have an imaginative/creative mind that knows how to think out of the box. If you got it right, you've got great potential of becoming a genuine Truth Seeker! Welcome then to the Truth Seeker's group!

Offline Love

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 19, 2016, 06:38:50 PM »
"...But anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell."  Matthew 5:22   None of us is superior.  Reason I said, 'it's for the children' is because that is what I was told was the motivation for one of the posters that come in here.   He wants to save the innocents from a life of being ignorant.  I say:  What is wrong with being ignorant if one is happy?

« Reply #337 on: September 20, 2016, 03:07:06 PM »
It's for the children.

Not really, for me, it's for the unwise or shall we say, fools. My reason? simple. If you choose to be atheist, well, religion, say christianity, teaches a life (heavenly life is more attractive than that of hell) after this earthly life. Now, if this next life is indeed true, then unbeliever, atheist by choice, will go to hell and the believer can have that heavenly next life (well, assuming he/she is good christian of course :)   ); and if it is not true, well, the believer and the atheist both end in nothing. Who is wiser then? Certainly, the believer. Let's just be wiser in making choices like this... :)
Hell, you say. Now, this is God's version of it all. You know, the creator of everything, except hell. Until I've read Satan's side of the story, the Bible is just God pointing fingers.

The problem with religion is the absence of logic. From the believers that is. Adam and Eve populated earth, in all our colors, shapes and sizes, yet there's a surprisingly small amount of  people showing the symptoms of being inbred. This is just one of the humorous flaws.
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

Offline cel

• Think OUT of the box. Be a TRUTH SEEKER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 21, 2016, 01:03:14 AM »
It's for the children.

Hell, you say. Now, this is God's version of it all. You know, the creator of everything, except hell. Until I've read Satan's side of the story, the Bible is just God pointing fingers.

The problem with religion is the absence of logic. From the believers that is. Adam and Eve populated earth, in all our colors, shapes and sizes, yet there's a surprisingly small amount of  people showing the symptoms of being inbred. This is just one of the humorous flaws.

Well, of course, you can say all you want to say against God and the Bible. You can despise and condemn religion with all your might. You really can. No one will prevent you from doing this. hehehe.... but the problem is everyone dies. You die. And when you die, this is the time when anyone, with or without believing God, can confirm in real time whether this "next life after this life" is true. My point is this. Believing or not believing a God out there who tells us that next life exists, we all gonna DIE. Unless you're also a God and 100% sure of where you're going to after this life, you'll be wise enough to choose to be atheist. Get what I mean? But you are not. You cannot even stop or exempt yourself from dying. If you don't die, well, I'll believe in you and likewise be an atheist, but you do die... :)   Well, who's wiser then in making a choice? the one who is open-mined opting for a chance to go on living a good next life or the one who is too narrow-minded opting for nothing, but only this present life? If you're a gambler, and you know you'll lose no matter what you do and how many times you bet, and still you keep on betting, well, what are you? simple, a fool... a wise gambler bets with a mindset that he'll win... meaning, hoping, believing, and taking a chance to win. Just like that, we take the same chance to go on living after this life.... well, i have no problem with your choice, you opted to live only once, well, good luck... it's your choice... :)
You may wish to decipher how many squares are there in the 4x4 matrix of my profile image. If you do, tell me! That way I can tell if you really have an imaginative/creative mind that knows how to think out of the box. If you got it right, you've got great potential of becoming a genuine Truth Seeker! Welcome then to the Truth Seeker's group!

« Reply #339 on: September 21, 2016, 05:38:12 AM »
It's for the children.

Well, of course, you can say all you want to say against God and the Bible. You can despise and condemn religion with all your might. You really can. No one will prevent you from doing this. hehehe.... but the problem is everyone dies. You die. And when you die, this is the time when anyone, with or without believing God, can confirm in real time whether this "next life after this life" is true. My point is this. Believing or not believing a God out there who tells us that next life exists, we all gonna DIE. Unless you're also a God and 100% sure of where you're going to after this life, you'll be wise enough to choose to be atheist. Get what I mean? But you are not. You cannot even stop or exempt yourself from dying. If you don't die, well, I'll believe in you and likewise be an atheist, but you do die... :)   Well, who's wiser then in making a choice? the one who is open-mined opting for a chance to go on living a good next life or the one who is too narrow-minded opting for nothing, but only this present life? If you're a gambler, and you know you'll lose no matter what you do and how many times you bet, and still you keep on betting, well, what are you? simple, a fool... a wise gambler bets with a mindset that he'll win... meaning, hoping, believing, and taking a chance to win. Just like that, we take the same chance to go on living after this life.... well, i have no problem with your choice, you opted to live only once, well, good luck... it's your choice... :)
Heh, and?

I'm not afraid of dying. I see how fear mongering is your MO, that's pretty classic with religion in general.
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.