Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Watch_Dogs
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2014, 02:24:48 AM »
You can torrent the game now. People are giving the writing pretty high praise.

I've paid for the game already. I wonder how that  would work in court, though. If you paid for the game, then downloaded it, is it still piracy? I suppose it would be because I bought it specifically from Steam.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2014, 04:38:27 PM »
I really contemplated downloading this game but all the sites look shady as fuck. Might as well wait another day for it.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2014, 10:25:49 PM »
Apparently one of the more popular seeds included malware that made your computer part of a bitcoin mining network.
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2014, 10:49:16 PM »
You can torrent the game now. People are giving the writing pretty high praise.

I've paid for the game already. I wonder how that  would work in court, though. If you paid for the game, then downloaded it, is it still piracy? I suppose it would be because I bought it specifically from Steam.
I dunno about American law, but in many countries this would be a no-no because torrenting has an upload component to it. Distribution of pirated software is usually more srs than downloading it anyway.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2014, 06:05:51 PM »
10 hours left to release omg I'm so excited this game is going to be

awful, its going to be awful I just know it, they'll fuck it up somehow, the PC version will be a worse console port than Dark Souls or something.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2014, 06:11:08 PM »
10 hours left to release omg I'm so excited this game is going to be

awful, its going to be awful I just know it, they'll fuck it up somehow, the PC version will be a worse console port than Dark Souls or something.

Judging by what people have been saying about the leaked version, it actually is worse optimized than Dark Souls PC port. Day 1 patches and new drivers might improve things, but... I wouldn't count on it.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2014, 06:12:30 PM »
Judging by what people have been saying about the leaked version, it actually is worse optimized than Dark Souls PC port. Day 1 patches and new drivers might improve things, but... I wouldn't count on it.

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2014, 07:26:21 PM »
I find it hard to imagine a game worse than the Dark Souls PC port.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2014, 07:35:37 PM »
Performance update

Catalyst 14.6 will also provide performance boost to Watch Dogs, Thief and Murdered Soul Suspect (which is not yet released). You should expect 25-28% better performance in Watch Dogs with the new drivers. Catalyst 14.6 also has new CrossFire profiles specificly for WD. AMD claims it will provide up to 99% scaling to Watch Dogs.

Considering that I use Crossfire, this gets big thumbs up from me for AMD. They normally aren't this well prepared when it comes to drivers.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2014, 01:31:11 PM »
I've played about 4 hours so far. The PC version is excellent, and it isn't a port. PC was the lead development platform.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2014, 06:57:26 PM »
I've played about 4 hours so far. The PC version is excellent, and it isn't a port. PC was the lead development platform.

Not sure if serious.

The game is loaded with radial menus that are pretty obnoxious on PC. It is a good port overall, but it is still a port, you can feel it. I do give props to Ubisoft, though, as the interface is still fairly easy to use on PC after you adjust. There are also a lot of graphics options which are normally overlooked.

The game itself is fun, though some of the mini-games feel like afterthoughts that weren't fully developed, but the multiplayer is interesting and challenging. It even gives you multiplayer pop-ups from time to time when it notices you aren't doing anything particularly important.

The biggest gripe I have about the game is driving, in which a single press of the forward button results in your character slamming the petal down. Driving is well done other than that, since I can feel they  put more effort into realistic car physics rather than arcade racing cars.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2014, 07:00:31 PM »
The game sucks.  I watched a video on YouTube, it sucks.

No, I will not shut up about this.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2014, 07:02:41 PM »
The game sucks.  I watched a video on YouTube, it sucks.

No, I will not shut up about this.

This would work if Watch_Dogs was a shitty linear RPG with "artificial difficulty" and includes you defeating every boss by stabbing them with a toothpick.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2014, 07:04:20 PM »
How's the performance on it?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2014, 07:31:54 PM »
How's the performance on it?

I assume you mean graphics wise? Abysmal. This is honestly the only game I've ever played (on my computer) that I can't run on Ultra (and the graphics aren't exactly new-age or anything). I see constant stuttering and I get random video lag spikes. I can't imagine the mess of a game engine this thing runs on with Ubisoft releasing it on 4 different consoles and PC.

I can only hope it gets better over time. I just downloaded the newest beta driver from AMD that they released today claiming better crossfire profiles and a 25% performance increase on Watch Dogs so I'll check in when I can play it again.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2014, 07:32:50 PM »
So how exactly is it a good port

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2014, 07:36:22 PM »
So how exactly is it a good port

I define an overall good port as not being obstructed playing the game control-wise. Poor optimization doesn't make the game impossible to play, I just have to run it on lower settings and the graphics issues subside.

It's not like the game crashes constantly or anything. The graphics peeve me a bit but I don't think vanity qualifies a game as a bad port.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2014, 07:55:32 PM »
The PC version is quite literally not a port.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2014, 08:11:09 PM »
AMD beta driver 14.6 makes the graphics problems significantly worse (as in unplayable texture and lightmapping). Sigh.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2014, 08:14:08 PM »
The PC version is quite literally not a port.

Yeah, no reason to doubt Ubisoft™ on that, right? It's not like they've ever lied about anything, right?  :^)