Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Iran's Space Suit is a Halloween Costume
« on: February 10, 2020, 09:25:35 PM »
After Iran published a picture of their new space suit it was found that it was really a Halloween costume with an Iranian flag affixed to it.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/32107/iranian-minister-tried-to-pass-off-a-20-halloween-costume-as-a-real-spacesuit

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7987175/amp/Iranian-minister-mocked-passing-childs-NASA-fancy-dress-costume-regime-astronaut-suit.html

Whoops!

How embarassing for Iran's "real" space program.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 11:25:03 PM by Tom Bishop »

Online AATW

• View Profile
Re: Iran's Space Suit is a Halloween Costume
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 09:45:15 PM »
Before this did you regard Iran’s regime as paragons of truth?
Not clear what point you’re making.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 10:24:41 PM »
Funny, because you guys make up space conspiracies on the spot when stuff is posted against China's space program as well. It is only NASA who speaks a paragon of truth, no matter what. Sounds like double standards to me.

The response of "Yeah.... it's a space program conspiracy" is a pretty weak one for the narrative that governments would not lie about space.

Online AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2020, 10:26:47 PM »
Well, I’ve seen a shuttle launch myself so yeah, I don’t have a problem believing that America have a space program.

Still not clear what actual point you think you’re making.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2020, 10:32:26 PM »
From your first link, Tom;

"in line with other over-the-top propaganda that the Iranian regime has produced regarding its space efforts in the past. In January 2019, amid celebrations marking the 40th anniversary of the Islamic Revolution in Iran, the country's powerful Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps put up a billboard that absurdly implied Iran's achievements in this realm included the development of the U.S. Space Shuttle."

Your point is ... what?  That they exaggerate? Check.

Does that prove anything about any other space agency? No.
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2020, 10:46:13 PM »
Well, I’ve seen a shuttle launch myself so yeah, I don’t have a problem believing that America have a space program.

Still not clear what actual point you think you’re making.

The point is that you have a post history of mocking people as conspiracy theorists, and now come here theorizing about government space conspiracies.

Quote from: Tumeni
Your point is ... what?  That they exaggerate? Check..

Another conspiracy theorist checking in.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2020, 10:59:35 PM »

Please explain why I am tagged a "conspiracy theorist" ...

Nearly?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2020, 11:01:55 PM »

Please explain why I am tagged a "conspiracy theorist" ...

You posted or agreed with a conspiracy theory, telling us that the presented space suit was not really a space suit. Therefore you are a conspiracy theorist.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2020, 11:03:56 PM »
You posted or agreed with a conspiracy theory, telling us that the presented space suit was not really a space suit. Therefore you are a conspiracy theorist.

I thought all I did was ask what your point was, and quote from an article you cited.

Oh, well.

Nearly?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2020, 11:10:38 PM »

I thought all I did was ask what your point was, and quote from an article you cited.

Oh, well.

Usually when people ask things like "so what" and "what's your point" they are implicitly agreeing with the argument presented. Since you agreed that Iran's space suit is a Halloween costume, you are a conspiracy theorist.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2020, 11:12:38 PM »
Usually when people ask things like "so what" and "what's your point" they are implicitly agreeing with the argument presented. Since you agreed that Iran's space suit is a Halloween costume, you are a conspiracy theorist.

Oh, well.

Nearly?

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2020, 01:10:17 AM »

Oh, well.

I'm still unclear what your point is. Is it that:

News outlets are reporting that what the Iranian Minister posted as their astronaut suit is a kid's costume, therefore:
A) If true, then all space endeavors by government agencies and private companies around the world are a hoax?
B) If I believe the reports to be true, that makes myself and the reporters conspiracy theorists?
C) Both?

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2020, 01:26:48 AM »
I believe this is a smack in the US face over the turmoil going on. Iran knows there's a firmament and we aint going anywhere. They scored a direct hit on at least 50 US service men in retaliation. US and Israel didn't attack. Iran isn't wasting money on Fake space.

http://wgntv.com/2020/01/29/50-us-service-members-diagnosed-with-traumatic-brain-injuries-after-iranian-missile-strike/

https://www.rt.com/usa/480537-us-troops-brain-damage-iran/
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 01:48:18 AM by J-Man »
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2020, 02:40:00 AM »
I believe this is a smack in the US face over the turmoil going on. Iran knows there's a firmament and we aint going anywhere. They scored a direct hit on at least 50 US service men in retaliation. US and Israel didn't attack. Iran isn't wasting money on Fake space.

http://wgntv.com/2020/01/29/50-us-service-members-diagnosed-with-traumatic-brain-injuries-after-iranian-missile-strike/

https://www.rt.com/usa/480537-us-troops-brain-damage-iran/

That's quite the extrapolation; Iran knows space travel is impossible due to biblical reasons so they publish a space suit for their space program which they know is for naught because of biblical reasons in order to scare off the US and Israel after their rocket attacks all to show that they aren't wasting money on space hence publishing the flimsy costume astronaut outfit..

Seriously? That's where your mind goes?

Online AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2020, 09:47:25 AM »
Usually when people ask things like "so what" and "what's your point" they are implicitly agreeing with the argument presented.

You are not presenting an argument.

Since you agreed that Iran's space suit is a Halloween costume, you are a conspiracy theorist.

I know this wasn't to me, but I believe from other posts you'd say the same thing about me.
I have no theory or opinion. I am neither agreeing or disputing the article. I haven't looked into the matter and don't intend to.

If it's a Halloween costume then my reaction to that is "oh". I have no real opinion about whether Iran have a space programme or what the state of it is.
I do know that certain regimes have a reputation for exaggerating or fabricating their achievements.
But I also know that the US do have a space programme as I have seen one of their craft taking off. So I'm not sure how this article is relevant to anything and am not clear what point you are actually making here. I have a feeling you're not really making one which makes me question what this thread is for.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2020, 05:15:14 PM »
You don't intend to look into this topic, or contribute?

We expect constructive posts here. The topic is that Iran's space suit is a Halloween costume. You are free to express your disagreement with that, or spin some tales about conspiracies.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2020, 05:19:58 PM »

We expect constructive posts here. The topic is that Iran's space suit is a Halloween costume. You are free to express your disagreement with that, or spin some tales about conspiracies.

Yes, that is the TOPIC, but you were asked specifically what your "argument presented" is, since you took others to task for not addressing it (or for failing to agree/disagree with it)

Nearly?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2020, 05:22:41 PM »

Yes, that is the TOPIC, but you were asked specifically what your "argument presented" is, since you took others to task for not addressing it (or for failing to agree/disagree with it)

The argument was already presented. My argument is that Iran's space suit is a Halloween costume. It's in the first post. You are welcome to disagree or tell us about conspiracies. It's your choice .

Offline ChrisTP

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2020, 05:30:07 PM »
I found it hilarious.

"He later clarified that the image was "the picture of a dream, the dream of walking on the moon." He added that he found the many jokes posted online to be "interesting."

Speaking at a Tehran event titled Space Technologists' Gathering, Azari Jahromi said his tweet "was the introduction to good news."

"The suit wasn't really important because we haven't made an Iranian space suit, yet work is being done to create a special outfit for Iranian space scientists," he backpedaled."

https://www.rferl.org/a/iranians-ridicule-official-for-posting-halloween-costume-as-astronaut-s-suit/30418884.html
Tom is wrong most of the time. Hardly big news, don't you think?

Offline iamcpc

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2020, 10:54:57 PM »
Before this did you regard Iran’s regime as paragons of truth?
Not clear what point you’re making.

It's not making a point it's presenting evidence which suggest that, in this situation, there might be something fishy or off about these specific space travel claims.

Actually the more I think about it the more that it's also making a point. The point being that, in this situation, the evidence presented suggests there might be something fishy or off about these specific space travel claims.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 08:25:15 PM by iamcpc »