Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #8060 on: January 05, 2021, 05:55:41 PM »
DEMS START THE NEW STEAL CHEAT LIE TODAY IN GEORGIA !!!

"Dominion Machines Breaking Down in Several Georgia GOP Precincts; Voters Told Workers Will Scan Ballots Later"

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/01/reports-dominion-machines-breaking-several-georgia-gop-precincts-voters-told-workers-will-scan-ballots-later/
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8061 on: January 05, 2021, 05:56:10 PM »
Oh look, the leftists are wrong again.

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/all-things-trump/liberal-lawyer-dershowitz-says-no-trump-crime-georgia-call-just

Liberal lawyer Dershowitz says no Trump crime in Georgia call, just bad media reporting

"I've been teaching criminal law for over 50 years. I went through every word of that transcript, there is no crime there, period," famed law professor says.

I am not sure what propaganda sites you have been visiting, but pretty much everything I have been seeing, from lawyers as well, is that although you could justify pressing charges, any sort of conviction would be far-fetched.  Maybe you should look at more quality news sites instead of just getting worked up over shills?

I quoted a Harvard Law Professor. Please provide a quote from a source with equal or greater relevant credentials if you have a rebuttal.

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #8062 on: January 05, 2021, 06:22:26 PM »

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/all-things-trump/liberal-lawyer-dershowitz-says-no-trump-crime-georgia-call-just

Liberal lawyer Dershowitz says no Trump crime in Georgia call, just bad media reporting

"I've been teaching criminal law for over 50 years. I went through every word of that transcript, there is no crime there, period," famed law professor says.

I am not sure what propaganda sites you have been visiting, but pretty much everything I have been seeing, from lawyers as well, is that although you could justify pressing charges, any sort of conviction would be far-fetched.  Maybe you should look at more quality news sites instead of just getting worked up over shills?

I quoted a Harvard Law Professor. Please provide a quote from a source with equal or greater relevant credentials if you have a rebuttal.

A quick search shows many sites reporting things almost exactly as Rama described. Roughly paraphrasing, 'what he did is probably illegal, but likely can't be prosecuted'. I'd agree Trump probably managed to Toe the line just enough to keep himself out of formal legal trouble, but this shows an extremely desperate man clutching at straws...

here's a law professor:
“I think in order to deter potentially authoritarian-oriented presidents and presidential candidates it would be important to prosecute activity like this because it really does undermine the very basic aspect of a democracy -- that we don’t stuff the ballot box,” said Richard Hasen, a law professor at the University of California Irvine.

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8063 on: January 05, 2021, 06:27:39 PM »

Isn't Dershowitz that lawyer that defended Trump from impeachment with the argument that if Trump believes that fixing the election is in the country's best interest that it's not illegal?

Rama Set

« Reply #8064 on: January 05, 2021, 06:30:11 PM »

Rama Set

« Reply #8065 on: January 05, 2021, 06:31:05 PM »

Isn't Dershowitz that lawyer that defended Trump from impeachment with the argument that if Trump believes that fixing the election is in the country's best interest that it's not illegal?

Yes, but Tom literally couldn't care less if his preferred sources are incredibly biased towards Trump.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8066 on: January 05, 2021, 06:41:42 PM »

And Trump was acquitted by the Senate, showing that Dershowitz was correct that Trump did not commit a crime. The unhinged leftists were wrong again.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51394383

Trump acquitted by Senate in impeachment trial

"President Donald Trump has been found not guilty in his impeachment trial, ending a bid to remove him from office that bitterly divided the US."
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 06:47:10 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline crutonius

• View Profile
« Reply #8067 on: January 05, 2021, 06:43:37 PM »

And Trump was acquitted by the Senate, showing that Dershowitz was correct that Trump did not commit a crime. The unhinged leftists were wrong again.

"President Donald Trump has been found not guilty in his impeachment trial, ending a bid to remove him from office that bitterly divided the US."

Oh that was the reason?  It wasn't that republicans outnumbered democrats in the senate at the time?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8068 on: January 05, 2021, 06:51:55 PM »
Oh that was the reason?  It wasn't that republicans outnumbered democrats in the senate at the time?

If you are going to claim it's partisan then you debonked yourself, because the Democrats in the House were the ones who initiated the impeachment proceedings.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/house-prepares-to-vote-on-impeaching-trump-11576667768

House Votes to Impeach President Trump

"Democrats and Republicans vote almost entirely along party lines; president denounces effort to remove him from office

Nearly all Democrats, led by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.), supported abuse-of-power and obstruction-of-Congress charges against Mr. Trump in the wake of his pressing Ukraine to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden, a leading 2020 Democratic presidential candidate.

The chamber’s Republicans rejected both articles, saying Democrats failed to show that Mr. Trump had committed a crime and that they had managed a flawed process."
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 06:56:42 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #8069 on: January 05, 2021, 06:52:49 PM »
for someone who has repeatedly cautioned that name-calling suggests that one is arguing from a position of weakness, you're  throwing out the 'unhinged leftist' term a lot lately

Rama Set

« Reply #8070 on: January 05, 2021, 07:00:10 PM »

I mean, the Senate didn't even bother to hear witnesses, so technically he was acquitted but it was a pathetic kangaroo court.  I personally don't think it would have mattered, but it was obviously political theatre rather than a serious commitment to the process.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8071 on: January 05, 2021, 07:09:39 PM »
for someone who has repeatedly cautioned that name-calling suggests that one is arguing from a position of weakness, you're  throwing out the 'unhinged leftist' term a lot lately

I didn't say anything about name calling. I suggested that such comments show that democrats are fanatical and unconfident in themselves. You don't need to impeach Trump if you think he's out in two weeks.

Looks pretty unconfident, IMO. At least pick a crime which people unanimously agree is a crime.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #8072 on: January 05, 2021, 07:11:55 PM »
So now the best Tom can say about Trump is that he hasn’t committed a crime?
Well that’s a ringing endorsement.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline crutonius

• View Profile
« Reply #8073 on: January 05, 2021, 07:17:56 PM »

If you are going to claim it's partisan then you debonked yourself, because the Democrats in the House were the ones who initiated the impeachment proceedings.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/house-prepares-to-vote-on-impeaching-trump-11576667768

House Votes to Impeach President Trump

"Democrats and Republicans vote almost entirely along party lines; president denounces effort to remove him from office

Nearly all Democrats, led by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.), supported abuse-of-power and obstruction-of-Congress charges against Mr. Trump in the wake of his pressing Ukraine to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden, a leading 2020 Democratic presidential candidate.

The chamber’s Republicans rejected both articles, saying Democrats failed to show that Mr. Trump had committed a crime and that they had managed a flawed process."

Trump's impeachment was bipartisan.  In the senate democrats and a republican voted to convict.  So it's not quite along party lines.

Also many republicans openly acknowledged Trump's abuses of power but decided that impeachment wasn't the best remedy.

Rama Set

« Reply #8074 on: January 05, 2021, 07:21:36 PM »

I didn't say anything about name calling. I suggested that such comments show that democrats are fanatical and unconfident in themselves. You don't need to impeach Trump if you think he's out in two weeks.

Looks pretty unconfident, IMO. At least pick a crime which people unanimously agree is a crime.

It prevents him from running in 2024, which is extremely worthwhile, since he is a terrible person to have in charge.

Offline crutonius

• View Profile
« Reply #8075 on: January 05, 2021, 07:22:49 PM »
What a relief that would be for the republicans, to not have Trump's deranged tweets derailing everything they did for the next 4 years.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8076 on: January 05, 2021, 07:25:46 PM »
So now the best Tom can say about Trump is that he hasn’t committed a crime?
Well that’s a ringing endorsement.

No, that he hasn't committed one that EVERYONE agrees is a crime.

When I find such a crime, I'll let you know.  But so far, all crimes are not considered crimes by all.

Ex. Some people consider raping children to be perfectly acceptsble behavior.  In some cultures, people still marry off child brides.  And its legal.

Murder is also not a universal crime.  Tom, for example, likely agrees that murder in self defense is not a crime.  Proving its self defense is another matter, of course.  Like shooting someone 10 times in the back while they flee, unarmed, is not a crime to some.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Rama Set

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8078 on: January 06, 2021, 04:29:05 AM »
Dems only sometimes seem to care about election fraud. I wonder why that is.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8079 on: January 06, 2021, 04:30:07 AM »
trump's rhetoric looks like it may cost republicans the senate lmao

im sure it was all the dead voters again