Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: Ice wall picture (I hope this is correct)
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2019, 12:26:38 AM »
Demanding and suggesting have very different meanings.
Indeed - hence the utmost importance of pointing out that your "demanding that others prioritise your whims when you're not willing to put in any work is very unconvincing." To do anything else would be to allow you to blend the two words together into a meaningless wordy goop. We won't be having that :)

Are you going to answer my direct questions? You suggested earlier in the thread that you would answer direct questions if asked.
I also explained that I wouldn't be defending hypothetical fantasies. But, of course, you knew that already :)
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2019, 08:36:37 AM »
Demanding and suggesting have very different meanings.
Indeed - hence the utmost importance of pointing out that your "demanding that others prioritise your whims when you're not willing to put in any work is very unconvincing."

But I didn't demand, did I? I suggested. I made that very clear. You obviously understood that because you repeated my word "suggestion" twice in your response and then randomly switched to the word "demanding" which has a very different meaning and is very clearly not what I said or meant.
Elsewhere you have called people liars for misrepresenting your posts even if they have done so unintentionally. I won't do the same to you here but you are deliberately misrepresenting what I said - it must be deliberate because I picked you up on it and you have responded by repeating your misrepresentation. I wonder why.
My gentle suggestion was and remains that engaging with people whose experiences challenge your beliefs is a useful way of validating and testing those beliefs. You have the FE profile to do so.
If you don't want to then that's fine. Puzzling, and calls into question the assertion in your Wiki that FE Theory is "hungry for truth and eager for discovery", but entirely up to you.

I also explained that I wouldn't be defending hypothetical fantasies.

Really? You spend a lot of time defending the flat earth...

But my direct questions aren't asking you to defend anything, they are just asking to clarify your FE beliefs as there are often differences between different FE models. UA and EA are not universally accepted, for example. The unipolar model seems to be most popular but there is a nod to the bipolar model in the Wiki. So it's reasonable to ask individuals where they stand on certain FE topics.
My direct questions again are:

1) Could there be 24 hour sunlight in Antarctica in your model, as in could it circle around you over the course of a day?
2) Could you sail a 14,000 mile route around Antarctica in your model as this race claims to do?

I have rephrased the first of those but it is essentially the same question.
Both are fairly simple yes/no questions although "I don't know" would be a reasonable answer to either.
I look forward to your answers.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2019, 06:13:57 PM »
But I didn't demand, did I? I suggested. I made that very clear.
Ah, but actions speak louder than words. You made your "suggestion", it was rejected... and then you made it again, and again, and then some more. That's a demand, regardless of how much the lady doth protest.

I also explained that I wouldn't be defending hypothetical fantasies.

Really? You spend a lot of time defending the flat earth...
Right. I tried politely reminding you that shitposting in the upper is a no-no. Come back in a week, hopefully with a better clarity of things that have already been explained to you at length.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 06:15:42 PM by Pete Svarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume