keeping secrets and the military
« on: January 28, 2018, 12:16:17 PM »
lets just...(assume for this discussion...that the leaders of this world know the truth)

it's been proven that ICBM's cannot complete a mission.
no missile has the fuel to make it directly through the sky
and no 'out of orbit missile can survive re-entry to target?'

...so what exactly is re-entry?... and why is there a few minutes of comms blackout?

if the velocity of a re-entry vehicle is so extreme that it can dis-integrate?

and this limits comms to 0...and unless it has protection...it is destroyed!

what barrier does it cross?... to survive? eventually?
at that incredible speed why is it suddenly ok and comms are ok when it miraculously dec-ellarates.

it's just like Antarctica... they want us to be afraid of going there

ooh!...outer Earth orbit

don't even try to get away...humans

it makes sense to me that all "interplanetary"....efforts are designed to deal with wartime efforts here on Earth.

Men only became interested in rockets during and after WW2...

for the single purpose of annihilation of the enemy

NOT exploration of somewhere that we actually have no trustworthy evidence of.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: keeping secrets and the military
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 02:37:55 PM »
Please stop posting threads in the wrong forum. This has nothing to do with FE debate.

Moved/warned.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 03:48:12 PM »
Re-entry is the process where an object comes back to Earth.
The heat (and comm blackouts) are due to the compression of air on the underside of the object.  See, the object (missile, spaceship, rock, etc...) is moving so fast that air can't get out of the way fast enough so it's pushed down, which hits more air, eventually building up the pressure enough to super heat it.

The comm backout is primarily caused my ionization of the air as it's heated and compressed.  Basically EM interference.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 04:02:03 PM »
I am not convinced...

I mean

if the atmosphere is so dense and dangerous...

how come it's just a bit of it...

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 05:21:34 PM »
It's not overly dense or dangerous.
It's also not "just a bit of it"  The atmosphere's full height depends on where you wanna measure but you start noticing reentry effects at 72 miles up.

So think about that: 72 miles up.  How long does it take you to drive 72 miles?  It's a big distance to fall so plenty of air to compress.

Why do you think it's dangerous?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Buran

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2018, 07:56:49 PM »
lets just...(assume for this discussion...that the leaders of this world know the truth)

it's been proven that ICBM's cannot complete a mission.
no missile has the fuel to make it directly through the sky
and no 'out of orbit missile can survive re-entry to target?'

I don't know why you think ICBM's don't work. North Korea, of all countries, has successfully launched ICBM's over 2000 miles into the sky.  Unless you have evidence this has been a hoax, in which case I would be happy to view your sources.  That would be wild to think that even North Korea is in on all of this. If they are, there really is no hope for any of us.
Nicole, show me schematics for "Flat Earth."