What is there under a flat earth
« on: February 08, 2015, 03:51:45 PM »
What is there under a flat earth? preferely a picture / draw to explain what you consider it to look like

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: What is there under a flat earth
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 05:12:04 PM »
Here is a picture for what is known about the underside of the earth:

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 05:31:38 PM »
An empty message?

Thork

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 08:40:14 PM »
Here is a picture for what is known about the underside of the earth:
I thought we were going to give better answers with a view to compiling them into some kind of book? That neither encouraged our new guest to participate or provided anything we could add to a question people have about our society. Just saying.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 09:30:18 PM »
Apparently my image did not attach properly. My apologies. I don't know too much about computers. Here is the picture which shows what is known about the underside of the earth:

Thork

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2015, 09:37:37 PM »
There is a wealth of information about what is on the underside of the earth. Taking simply from Hebrew texts the answer is a lake of fire and brimstone, hell. From Hindu we have 3 elephants and a turtle. From Bertrand Russell its turtles all the way down. From H G Wells, Morlocks. From Jules Verne, dinosaurs and cavemen. Or from almost every depiction we have, rock.

isn't very helpful.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 09:42:01 PM by Dr David Thork »

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2015, 10:00:25 PM »
isn't very helpful.

What are you having trouble understanding? The infographic I posted of what is known about the earth's underside was more accurate of an answer than your comment about lakes of fire and Morlocks.

Thork

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2015, 10:06:27 PM »
Maybe you should lay off the vitamin C for a while.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 02:57:37 AM »
What are you having trouble understanding? The infographic I posted of what is known about the earth's underside was more accurate of an answer than your comment about lakes of fire and Morlocks.
I'm not entirely sure why, but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Your first post doesn't contain an image at all. The second post contains something which appears to be a corrupted JPEG file (http://i.imgur.com/ZC9NhgB.jpg). Having a closer look, this file contains multiple JPEG headers, and none of them are correct (with multiple bytes replaced by spaces). It is possible (although unlikely) that this corruption occurred during your uploading of the file to imgur.

If you do genuinely have an image to submit, please reupload it and try again, as the version you've provided cannot be feasibly viewed by anyone here.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Thork

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2015, 07:15:36 PM »
I suspect it is an image of a small x and it is displaying perfectly. I think Tom is trying to say we know nothing about earth's underside, but I don't really agree. There are theories. He just might not be happy with any of them.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2015, 07:22:07 PM »
I suspect it is an image of a small x and it is displaying perfectly.
Yes, but you're an IE user. Instead of speculating, let's wait for Tom to clarify so I can determine whether this all goes to CN or not.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2015, 07:51:47 PM »
I suspect it is an image of a small x and it is displaying perfectly. I think Tom is trying to say we know nothing about earth's underside...
Agreed.

There are theories.
Tom said that the image depicts what FET knows about the flat earth's underside, not what FET suspects.  Remember that Zetetics like Tom despise theories and speculation on general principle.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline magic

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2015, 03:36:01 AM »
I felt I understood Mr. Bishop's response as I was curious to see any answer to this as there is none. If you want documentation on what has been done do some reading on the Kola superdeep project. Otherwise you have two options:

1) Nobody knows anything else.
2) Any other information is well managed.

I would like to see a wealthy individual or perhaps a nation undertake an expansive drilling/digging project downwards in a 100,000 square foot area with a webcam feed. The KOLA superdeep project took place in a fairly small building and I'm no scientist but I can't see why a larger area wasn't used.