Offline mister bickles

• while there's life, there's hope!
    • View Profile
Book of Enoch and the flat Earth
« on: May 23, 2015, 07:23:27 AM »
does the semi-apocraphyl Book of Enoch contain the most accurate and detailed description of the flat Earth in Scripture....or....any-where else for that matter    ???  ......... 

short review of flat Earth claims in BoE here
("scroll" down the page apprxmtly ½-way)

(from the abv site....the flat Earth as pictured in the BoE)

« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 07:26:08 AM by mister bickles »
nisi Dominus frustra

Re: Book of Enoch and the flat Earth
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 07:51:49 AM »
The Book of Enoch includes many chapters which have been added later, so one has to be careful, to correctly deduce which passages are the original ones.

The geography of the Book of Enoch includes descriptions of the center of the Earth, the Garden of Eden, and of the land which is to be found beyond Antarctica, beyond the dome which separates the orbits of the Sun/Moon/Black Sun/Shadow Moon/stars/planets.

Here is the correct interpretation of the geographical terms used by Enoch in describing the true location of the center of the Earth:

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=45731.msg1130692#msg1130692

Offline mister bickles

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 08:44:21 AM »
The Book of Enoch includes many chapters which have been added later, so one has to be careful, to correctly deduce which passages are the original ones

depends....
the BoE was found amongst the Dead Sea scrolls;
that would date it to, @ least, 1st century CE;
how-ever, it would be more than reasonable to pre-date that by @ least a century or two considering that the Essene community had been there for some not inconsiderable time;
that means the BoE is, very conservatively, @ least 2200 yrs old...and.....quite possibly, much older!
so.....it would seem to be more a translation issue than OTW....
as such: i consider "the Sacred Texts" translation to be reliable, all things being equal   :(
nisi Dominus frustra

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 09:10:42 AM »
Dead Sea Scrolls forgeries:

http://breakfornews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=30145#30145

A Mysterious Metal

One of the best-kept secrets of the Dead Sea Scrolls has been the discovery of metals in the black ink. That finding was buried in unpublished results, and wasn't unearthed until 1996. The presence of metals further points to the scrolls being of medieval origin.

Scientific testing of the scrolls in the early 1950s found silver, manganese, iron and other metals in the black ink used on the scrolls. Scholars tried to downplay the discovery of these metals by saying that some of them, like copper and lead, were byproducts of leaching from a bronze inkwell. Yet silver, manganese and iron are not components in the making of bronze. The 1990s tests also detected the presence of strontium and titanium but could not tell if they were pure. (In its purest form, neither element was isolated until the 1800s.)

Offline mister bickles

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2015, 10:25:37 AM »
Dead Sea Scrolls forgeries:

http://breakfornews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=30145#30145

A Mysterious Metal

One of the best-kept secrets of the Dead Sea Scrolls has been the discovery of metals in the black ink. That finding was buried in unpublished results, and wasn't unearthed until 1996. The presence of metals further points to the scrolls being of medieval origin.

Scientific testing of the scrolls in the early 1950s found silver, manganese, iron and other metals in the black ink used on the scrolls. Scholars tried to downplay the discovery of these metals by saying that some of them, like copper and lead, were byproducts of leaching from a bronze inkwell. Yet silver, manganese and iron are not components in the making of bronze. The 1990s tests also detected the presence of strontium and titanium but could not tell if they were pure. (In its purest form, neither element was isolated until the 1800s.)

first i heard of that.....
AFAIK, even liberal Bible scholars and agnostic archæologists accept the DSSs as genuinely from the first century CE and do not seriously dispute that they could be copies of much older texts;
also, of course, there exists other Biblical texts/Scripture from abt the same time or, even, much earlier....
(although not, AFAIK, any complete copies of the BoE)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 10:27:19 AM by mister bickles »
nisi Dominus frustra

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 12:17:23 PM »
Dr. G. Nosovsky:

The historians are supposed to concern themselves with chronology. However, without a sufficient mathematical education – and in the case of chronological studies, sufficient means fundamental – the historians are forced to evade the solution and even the discussion of the rather complex chronological issues.

Every historical oddness and contradiction becomes carefully concealed from the public attention; in dangerous and slippery places the historians put on a “professional” mien, saying that “everything is really okay” and they shall “give you a full explanation” later on.

Biblical scholars need to be reminded of this...

Here we have the most direct, comprehensive, and splendid proof  that our official chronology of history was absolutely falsified during the Renaissance:

Dionysius Exiguus, On Easter (translation from Latin to English):

http://www.ccel.org/ccel/pearse/morefathers/files/dionysius_exiguus_easter_01.htm

Exiguus assigns the date of March 24, year 563 AD, for the Paschal Moon.

However, in the year 563 AD, the Paschal Moon fell on March 25.

http://www.staff.science.uu.nl/~gent0113/easter/easter_text4a.htm

Dr. G. Nosovsky:

We don’t have to observe the sky or perform astronomical calculations every time; compiling a table of March and April full moons for any given period of 19 years should suffice for further reference. The reason is that the phases of the moon recur every 19 years in the Julian calendar, and the recurrence cycle remains unaltered for centuries on end – that is, if the full moon fell on the 25th March any given year, it shall occur on the 25th of March in 19 years, in 38 (19 x 2) years, etc.

The malfunctions in the cycle shall begin after 300 years, which is to say that if we cover 300 years in 19-year cycles, the full moon shall gradually begin to migrate to its neighbouring location in the calendar. The same applies to new moons and all the other phases of the moon.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=52083.0#.VRVdovysWCo

But Exiguus could not have been unaware of the date of Passover in the the almost contemporary year 563! To that end it was sufficient to apply the Metonian cycle to the coming 30-40 years; the inaccuracy of the Metonian cycle does not show up for such intervals.

As he specially worked with the calendar situation of almost contemporary year 563 and as he based his calculation of the era "since the birth of Christ" on this situation, Dionysius could not help seeing that, first, the calendar situation in the year 563 did not conform to the Gospels' description and, second, that the coincidence of Easter with Passover in 563 contradicts the essence of the determination of Easter the Easter Book is based on.

Therefore, it appears absolutely incredible that the calculations of the First Easter and of the Birth of Christ had been carried out in the 6th century on the basis of the calendar situation of the year 563. It was shown in Sec. 1 that the Easter Book, used by Dionysius, had not been compiled before the 8th century and had been canonized only at the end of the 9th century. Therefore, the calculations carried out by (or ascribed to) Dionysius the Little had not been carried out before the lOth century.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 10:19:19 PM »
Interesting, Mr. Bickles. I have several copies of 1st Enoch, which is what I assume you are referring to. I have not read the book closely, however. I shall do so now, however. You may have just struck upon an interesting point, although I personally believe in RET. Certainly the Hebrew Bible (ie, what you would call the "Old Testament") generally speaks of a Flat Earth, and that is certainly what the Ancients believed, not just the Hebrews, but everybody living in the area.

I should like to get eventually all of three books of Enoch. Perhaps after I pay my bills I can do exactly that next month. It should be very interesting to read them all. I think I may have the third in hard print, and I have several copies of the first in digital. Interesting thought, that.

Offline mister bickles

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2015, 12:49:06 PM »
you don't have to go out and buy it;
you should be able to dwn/ld it as a "pdf" from here.....  http://sacred-texts.com/ ;

the BoE makes several references to Hell, BTW!
(in fact, Dante got much of his inspiration from the BoE or so they say!)

why its not accepted as canon by the Christian church is beyond my understanding;
its quoted as Scripture in the Epistle of Jude and, according to the Joseph B Lumpkin copy ("Lost Books of the Bible") that i have (which also includes Jasher and Jubilees as well as the Lost Books of Eden and the Book of the Giants), it is referenced both directly and indirectly in many places of the OT....including Psalms and the Book of Job;
it was also found amongst the Dead Sea scrolls which would seem to give it an impramatur of Scriptural authority and accuracy also.....

personally...i think it was excluded because of satanic interference!

why do i say that?

because, apparently, it was excluded by the Council of Laodicea https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_of_Laodicea ;

if you read the Book of Revelation, you will quickly discover how Jesus Christ viewed the Church at Laodicea  :(

BoE contains many things that people in these latter times need to know!
nisi Dominus frustra