Offline Mr. Genius

• I came here to laugh.
    • View Profile
Questions from a beginner
« on: November 25, 2017, 06:29:04 PM »
So, if the Earth is flat then why can you attack Kamchatka from Alaska in Risk?
Checkmate.

But for real, I'm probably going ask something repetitive here, but this is my first day on this "site." No I'm not being paid, and no I haven't done any in depth research. What's the FE explanation for gravity? Is it something like "you're not pulled to the center of an object, it pulls equally from all points?" Obviously you can tell I'm not an FE-er, so "explain" that to me.
Why else do you think the game is "All a*ROUND* the World?"

Re: Re: Disproofs - a summary of progress so far.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 09:04:47 PM »
So, if the Earth is flat then why can you attack Kamchatka from Alaska in Risk?
Checkmate.

But for real, I'm probably going ask something repetitive here, but this is my first day on this "site." No I'm not being paid, and no I haven't done any in depth research. What's the FE explanation for gravity? Is it something like "you're not pulled to the center of an object, it pulls equally from all points?" Obviously you can tell I'm not an FE-er, so "explain" that to me.
I highly suggest taking a look at the wiki and the FAQ therein. Most basic questions such as this are answered. As for gravity, the two 'main' FE ideas for gravity are "Universal Acceleration" in which the flat disc of the Earth is constantly accelerating upwards, and "Infinite Earth" in which the flat plane of the Earth extends infinitely in all directions, at a finite thickness, thus creating a stable gravitational field.

Re: Re: Disproofs - a summary of progress so far.
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 09:17:54 AM »
I post here because I like to think about math and science, and doing so takes my mind off of considerable tragedies unfolding in my life right now.

If someone knows where I can get some of that sweet Big Oblate Spheroid money let me know.