Can anyone explain this. Is this considered fake as all the other videos?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 04:30:22 PM by digital_bullet »

Re: Space X KOREASAT-5A MISSION live feed...
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 02:39:26 PM »
I get a conspiracy of governments to fake space travel, but this is a private corporation selling space travel. How does this fit in to the conspiracy?

The government calls up Elon Musk when he starts thinking about forming a space company and says "Listen, you got us. Space isn't real. But, for whatever weird reason, we've got to keep the public thinking space is real. So, name your price. Whenever someone wants to launch a satellite, they'll pay you for a space launch. You just have to do the fake space launch thing, and then we, as the magic government, will provide whatever faked satellite functionality the customer wanted, like a point in the sky they can point their antennas at to communicate, or a fake picture of the earth from that location that somehow can show us when a hurricane is forming in the middle of the ocean."

And then Elon Musk says "Awesome! Give me some money for Tesla and you've got a deal!"

Hmmm, now I almost believe it. Except for the part where it would be harder to fake the actual satellite functionality than it would be to just actually launch a satellite.

I get a conspiracy of governments to fake space travel, but this is a private corporation selling space travel. How does this fit in to the conspiracy?

The government calls up Elon Musk when he starts thinking about forming a space company and says "Listen, you got us. Space isn't real. But, for whatever weird reason, we've got to keep the public thinking space is real. So, name your price. Whenever someone wants to launch a satellite, they'll pay you for a space launch. You just have to do the fake space launch thing, and then we, as the magic government, will provide whatever faked satellite functionality the customer wanted, like a point in the sky they can point their antennas at to communicate, or a fake picture of the earth from that location that somehow can show us when a hurricane is forming in the middle of the ocean."

And then Elon Musk says "Awesome! Give me some money for Tesla and you've got a deal!"

Hmmm, now I almost believe it. Except for the part where it would be harder to fake the actual satellite functionality than it would be to just actually launch a satellite.

That's an awesome story and so much detail. Here's another launch Minotaur-C rocket that is is going to be live shortly. https://www.orbitalatk.com/

Does the same story apply to this one to?

Indeed. One wonders if eventually even the government might run out of money to keep paying off these billionaires with their private "space programs".