Re: You guys must get a good chuckle...
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2016, 12:01:05 AM »
Junker...

You know you guys could put a quick end to your entire belief system, if you just raise a few bucks and take a flight on one of the "edge of the atmosphere" flights available these days...

http://www.incredible-adventures.com/edgeofspace.html

Also, would you care to explain how a satellite, 22,000+ miles in space, stays up there? Using triangulation(It is at a 36 degree elevation from my location), even using a "FE" model, it is at least 10,000 miles in space, it would be a pretty damn tall tower.......

( I can't believe I am even engaging in this...)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 12:35:25 AM by brad1138 »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2016, 12:59:36 AM »
Junker...

You know you guys could put a quick end to your entire belief system, if you just raise a few bucks and take a flight on one of the "edge of the atmosphere" flights available these days...

Also, would you care to explain how a satellite, 22,000+ miles in space, stays up there? Using triangulation(It is at a 36 degree elevation from my location), even using a "FE" model, it is at least 10,000 miles in space, it would be a pretty damn tall tower.......

What belief system would that be?

And what evidence can you provide about the existence of satellites, along with their distance from earth?

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2016, 01:37:40 AM »
Why do you want evidence ? We all could very well be living in a virtual reality matrix and it would disprove everything anyway

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2016, 01:45:31 AM »
The provide and existence of satellites is very simple and refer to the Slaughtered Lamb thread.

Real simple.  Satellites can be hacked. People in Canada have been able to hack into the Sirius/XM Satellite radio system and get U.S. subscription services without having to pay or to have a U.S. address.  Canada gets a whole different feed for Canadian subscribers and choice of channels.

Since the world is ROUND, people in at the most southern part of South America or even Africa are unable to tap into those Satellites.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2016, 02:14:10 AM »
Why do you want evidence ? We all could very well be living in a virtual reality matrix and it would disprove everything anyway

Mostly to dive into some critical thinking and deeper discussion. Those tend to be the best conversations.

Cool story about hacking, though.

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2016, 02:17:40 AM »
Problem is you are unable to connect the dots.  The forum should be re-named The Flat Half Brain Society  ;D

Your never going to realize your home is on fire before it's too late

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2016, 02:22:00 AM »
You invited me for a Beer.  What evidence do you have that it's actually Beer that we would be drinking   :P

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2016, 02:33:38 AM »
You invited me for a Beer.  What evidence do you have that it's actually Beer that we would be drinking   :P

Ah, you're right. We'd have to take a session to brew our own. Then, randomly split the batch in half, then reconvene in about six weeks to compare. Excellent deduction.

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2016, 02:59:17 AM »
Very slick, and you do have a full brain.   Surely we would not trust each other and some sort of trickery could happen leaving things un-attended.  We could compare notes upon return and see if they match.

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2016, 03:57:33 AM »
Junker...

What belief system would that be?

And what evidence can you provide about the existence of satellites, along with their distance from earth?

Really...?

Belief system... that the world is flat, or maybe I should say the total and complete forfeiting of logic and reason. When you take one of those upper atmosphere plane rides, you can see the curvature of the earth for yourself.

Evidence of satellites... I aim a dish at one (actually 5 to 6) daily, it is my work and has been for almost 20 years. I know there exact location, via elevation and azimuth. It is how TV gets to EVERYBODY. Even cable companies get their signal from satellites (in most cases). If not a satellite, please tell me what I am aiming at....
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 04:18:27 AM by brad1138 »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
You guys must get a good chuckle...
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2016, 04:49:21 AM »

Really...?
Yes?

Belief system... that the world is flat, or maybe I should say the total and complete forfeiting of logic and reason.
I'm not sure who you are referring to, as I haven't made any such claim.

When you take one of those upper atmosphere plane rides, you can see the curvature of the earth for yourself.
This is a fairly common, low-effort RE demand. Let me know when you've raised the funds for such an endeavor.

Evidence of satellites... I aim a dish at one (actually 5 to 6) daily, it is my work and has been for almost 20 years.
I think you mean that you (allegedly) aim a dish at the sky. Unless you have evidence otherwise...

If not a satellite, please tell me what I am aiming at....
Probably could be several things. However, asking me to provide your evidence is a bit silly.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 04:52:18 AM by junker »

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2016, 05:23:01 AM »
Junker....

OK... It is a bit hard to get a grasp on what you are saying. You come across like someone defending FE, in multiple posts, then you say you never said that....

It is obvious that you would balk at doing the one thing that would prove to you the earth is round. No I am not going to do it for you...

I think you mean that you (allegedly) aim a dish at the sky. Unless you have evidence otherwise...

That really doesn't even make sense... Are you saying I am lying, and that I don't do that? You are aware of satellite TV providers, that install a dish on your house? Are they all out there installing fake dishes and the people actually get their TV through magic???

Probably could be several things. However, asking me to provide your evidence is a bit silly.

I hadn't read that one till now.... That makes even less sense, you're really not all there are you???

I know I aim at a satellite, and I can prove, with geometry how high in the sky it is (let me guess, math is a scam/conspiracy...).

You can't stand next to someone with a red car, and say I don't believe it is red, and tell him he is the one that needs to come up with proof that it is red. You are the one claiming the red car isn't red, and you need to provide proof it isn't.

And you avoided the question of if not a satellite, what am I aiming at? and how would it "float" up there.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 02:55:29 AM by brad1138 »

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2016, 08:35:53 AM »
He's just playing games with you, and it's psychological.  It's very much like this game I used to play when younger called The Realm.   

You get someone stoned, especially girls, they fun to screw with and you talk about The Realm and what is in The Realm and what is not to screw with them.  It's easier to observe because I'm typing all this but --

Example the floor and walls are in The Realm, but the ceiling is not in The Realm. 

Example #2  The Green and Yellow paint in the picture is in The Realm, but the picture frame is not in The Realm.

Basically The Realm are words with a double letter.  Depending how stoned and clueless they are, some never get it.  You don't really make it obvious and double match things when discussing The Realm, they are examples

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2016, 02:34:23 PM »
Junker....

OK... It is a bit hard to get a grasp on what you are saying. You come across like someone defending FE, in multiple post, then you say you never said that....
Can you provide more detail on this? Or give examples of me exhibiting what you claim here?

It is obvious that you would balk at doing the one thing that would prove to you the earth is round. No I am not going to do it for you...
This suggestion is neither original nor reasonable. You are either trolling, or don't understand the cost or availability relative to such an idea. How would you suggest someone go about arranging such a venture? Where can I go buy a ticket today? We frequently hear from RErs that space tourism is going to be taking off (no pun intended) any time now, yet it hasn't and there isn't much hope at least in the near future.

That really doesn't even make sense... Are you saying I am lying, and that I don't do that? You are aware of satellite TV providers, that install a dish on your house? Are they all out there installing fake dishes and the people actually get their TV through magic???
If you take a minute or two to read the words, it actually does make sense. No, I did not say you are lying, as evidenced by a lack of me ever saying that. Yes, I know that satellite TV providers install dishes on houses. I am not sure why you would insinuate I think the dishes are fake, as I also never said that, so please don't put words in my mouth.

I hadn't read that one till now.... That makes even less sense, you're really not all there are you???
I am sorry following simple logic makes "less sense" to you. You are the one coming in here making claims about what you do and how certain you are about what your dish is pointing at. All I did was ask for some evidence which you failed to provide.

I know I aim at a satellite, and I can prove, with geometry how high in the sky it is (let me guess, math is a scam/conspiracy...).
Fantastic, now we are getting somewhere. Please share some of the data you have relative to your setup that will prove what you are pointing at. We actually love maths here, but please continue to provide baseless conjecture, as it only makes your claims weaker (not that they can get much weaker at this point anyway).

You can't stand next to someone with a red car, and say I don't believe it is red, and tell him he is the one that needs to come up with proof that it is red. You are the one claiming the red car isn't red, and you need to provide proof it isn't.
I don't think you understand how analogies work, as that is not even a remotely equivalent scenario (if you need help with understanding why it isn't remotely equivalent, just ask, I'd be happy to help). You also don't seem to understand how the burden of proof works. The only one making a claim in this scenario is you. Therefore, it is up to you to provide proof for your claim. I haven't said anything about what your claim "isn't," yet you are asking me to prove a negative about something I never said. I would suggest working on your understanding of this a bit more before you try again. It would make the conversation more productive.

And you avoided the question of if not a satellite, what am I aiming at? and how would it "float" up there.

I'd need to know more about your setup, but it could be pointing at stratellites, ground-based towers, or something else. Again, I don't know for sure, which is why I am asking you to prove your claim.

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2016, 03:05:25 AM »
Junker...

OK, this is done. You can't make a coherent point or keep a train of thought to save your life. You are basically using the "Chewbacca defense"*, saying so many incoherent things, it is very difficult (at least more difficult than you are worth) to know where to start to pick it apart.

I am going back to my 2nd post. You are either joking or have severe mental issues. Not sure which one you are, but either way, not worth spending any more time with.

* https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=chewbacca%20defense

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2016, 03:40:45 AM »
Junker...

OK, this is done.

I agree, as you've failed to support any of your claims. I'm sorry you're upset that I pointed out your various failures. Apparently you have decided to deflect at this point and post silly nonsense since you can't support your claims. It is one of the more common signs of defeat when someone concedes in an argument or debate. Better luck next time, friend.

« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2016, 07:50:36 AM »
Junker...

OK, this is done.

I agree, as you've failed to support any of your claims. I'm sorry you're upset that I pointed out your various failures. Apparently you have decided to deflect at this point and post silly nonsense since you can't support your claims. It is one of the more common signs of defeat when someone concedes in an argument or debate. Better luck next time, friend.
The other day you asked for examples of you resorting to ad hominem. There you go.

The condescending tone doesn't help either. And before you state that "I just replied, pointing out his missing support of his own claims" it would be far more superior (along the lines of what your trying to portrait yourself as) to just not reply.

There's no being the bigger man with you it seems.
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
You guys must get a good chuckle...
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2016, 12:48:34 PM »
Junker...

OK, this is done.

The other day you asked for examples of you resorting to ad hominem. There you go.

The condescending tone doesn't help either. And before you state that "I just replied, pointing out his missing support of his own claims" it would be far more superior (along the lines of what your trying to portrait yourself as) to just not reply.

1) it isn't ad hominem.

2) Maybe a bit condescending, but warranted based on the actual ad hominem and other nonsense I was replying to.

3) I can reply to anyone I'd like to, regardless of whether you think I should.

4)

Wow, assuming gender and perpetuating sexism in one sentence. Well done.

The reality is that another round earther has made himself/herself/xerself look quite silly. Tossing out claims, providing no evidence, then responding with nonsense. My replies aren't for me, they're for others who may stop by this thread. They need to see clear examples of nonsense posted by round earthers being called out for what it is. This is one of those examples.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 12:50:32 PM by junker »

« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2016, 01:05:02 PM »
Junker...

OK, this is done.

1) it isn't ad hominem.

2) Maybe a bit condescending, but warranted based on the actual ad hominem and other nonsense I was replying to.

4)

The reality is that another round earther has made himself/herself/xerself look quite silly. Tossing out claims, providing no evidence, then responding with nonsense. My replies aren't for me, they're for others who may stop by this thread. They need to see clear examples of nonsense posted by round earthers being called out for what it is. This is one of those examples.
Haha, wow. So literal and touchy. It's a saying. Nowhere did I make assumptions about your gender, nor do I care about your gender.
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2016, 02:28:33 PM »
Junker...

OK, this is done.

1) it isn't ad hominem.

4)

Haha, wow. So literal and touchy. It's a saying. Nowhere did I make assumptions about your gender, nor do I care about your gender.

It's 2016, you should be more careful.