Offline Tontogary

• View Profile
Re: Using airline flight data.
« Reply #460 on: June 04, 2018, 06:10:14 PM »
Niether of the above 2 points are correct.

I am a navigator, and we do not have any secret charts that we use. We use Mercator projection charts published by National hydrographic offices, and are available to anyone who wants to buy them.

We also don’t solely rely upon Navigatioin instruments. We can navigate by celestial observations (which we need to calculate, and not necessarily with a computer) using spherical navigation methods and trigonometry, as well as the almanacs of the sun and stars.
We do use GPS as well, but this just gives us a lat/long.

When we are close to land we use visual navigation methods and radar for fixing our positions.

We can navigate from any position on the earth to any other poisition, and dont have to follow courses or tracks we have done before, for example we can plot a course and distance from say South Georgia to luanda, Cape Town, Lisbon, Cape Verde, Santos, Falklands, Recife, New York, etc without having done that voyage previously, so we are not following old routes.

Also, if you haven't heard of bronies before, that reflects poorly on your understanding of the world that surrounds you. It's practically impossible not to know about them.

Offline MCToon

• View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 04, 2018, 06:27:53 PM »
Niether of the above 2 points are correct.

I am a navigator, and we do not have any secret charts that we use. We use Mercator projection charts published by National hydrographic offices, and are available to anyone who wants to buy them.

We also don’t solely rely upon Navigatioin instruments. We can navigate by celestial observations (which we need to calculate, and not necessarily with a computer) using spherical navigation methods and trigonometry, as well as the almanacs of the sun and stars.
We do use GPS as well, but this just gives us a lat/long.

When we are close to land we use visual navigation methods and radar for fixing our positions.

We can navigate from any position on the earth to any other poisition, and dont have to follow courses or tracks we have done before, for example we can plot a course and distance from say South Georgia to luanda, Cape Town, Lisbon, Cape Verde, Santos, Falklands, Recife, New York, etc without having done that voyage previously, so we are not following old routes.

I completely agree.  I was exploring what would be necessary to have the FE claims match reality.  It's an interesting challenge.  How would you hide the reality of longer than claimed distances.  Someone would have to be have the true map and somehow translate the globe claimed navigation to flat navigation.  All in complete secrecy.  It would be a difficult thing to construct.  In the end I can see no way it could work, I have not seen anyone point out any navigation that is inconsistent with the globe claimed distances.
I love this site, it's a fantastic collection of evidence of a spherical earth:
Flight times
Full moon
Horizon eye level drops
Sinking ship effect

Offline TomFoolery

• Seeking truth, the flatter the better
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: April 01, 2019, 05:07:41 AM »
I completely agree.  I was exploring what would be necessary to have the FE claims match reality.  It's an interesting challenge.  How would you hide the reality of longer than claimed distances.  Someone would have to be have the true map and somehow translate the globe claimed navigation to flat navigation.  All in complete secrecy.  It would be a difficult thing to construct.  In the end I can see no way it could work, I have not seen anyone point out any navigation that is inconsistent with the globe claimed distances.

Indeed, and furthermore, this secret map would also need to tell GPS receivers what actual speed they were going and what fake speed to display, and these maps would also have to tell the jetliners how fast to fly for each flight in order to reach their destination in the correct time while going a secret wrong speed.

And many of these flights in the southern hemisphere would have to be way over the speed of sound. In jets that aren't designed to fly supersonic. And them Australians must be deaf because they don't seem to be reporting constant daily sonic booms.
(And since Australia spans 40 degrees it takes the sun 2:40 to pass from end to end, that makes it about 4000 miles long on a flat map, which means that airplanes flying the length of it in 5 hours are all going way over the speed of sound.)

Alternatively, Australia is much smaller and the flights become subsonic -- but the whole flat earth would have to be a lot smaller, which would mean that flights around Alaska would be flying below stall speed.
Which is a problem because while an aircraft might have a certain reasonable stall speed at low elevation, the stall speed is going to be much higher at 37,000ft.

The biggest problem for Flat Earth is the shape of the earth. Flat is just hard to excuse.