Offline Stagiri

• You can call me Peter
    • View Profile
    • Stagiri Blog
The Eötvös Effect
« on: April 18, 2018, 12:30:56 PM »
I've touched this topic a couple of times before. Nevertheless, with regard to the quality of response and since I've nothing about it on the Wiki, I'd like to discuss it once more.

How does the FET explain the Eötvös effect? By celestial gravitation?
Dr Rowbotham was accurate in his experiments.
How do you know without repeating them?
Because they don't need to be repeated, they were correct.

Re: The Eötvös Effect
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 01:36:44 PM »
I already asked about that here, and yes, they cited celestial gravitation.
Recommended reading: We Have No Idea by Jorge Cham and Daniel Whiteson

Turtle Town, a game made by my brothers and their friends, is now in private beta for the demo! Feedback so far has been mostly positive. Contact me if you would like to play.

Offline Stagiri

• You can call me Peter
    • View Profile
    • Stagiri Blog
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 02:31:37 PM »
I already asked about that here, and yes, they cited celestial gravitation.

Thank you for your contribution.
However, I'm particularly interested in their explanation for the Eötvös effect, not every difference in the gravitational pull. I've asked my question in the thread you linked but it most likely got overlooked - that's why I started a new thread.
Dr Rowbotham was accurate in his experiments.
How do you know without repeating them?
Because they don't need to be repeated, they were correct.

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 01:25:00 AM »
You're missing it - that is the sum total of their explanation. They show up, say the two magic words "celestial gravitation", and declare victory.

See for yourself.
https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=8905.msg141723#msg141723

Offline SiDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 02:33:56 AM »
That's a very nice point! This is a solid way to debunk the flat earth. "Celestial gravitation" is almost as poor a response as "i can draw a diagonal line on a side view and that = perspective". Absolutely no way to account for differences due to direction when the same "celestial objects" are above you in both directions.

I'm thinking a very nice way to measure this is the shanghai maglev: that puppy gets up to 430km/h and travels in a nearly perfect west/east direction and very straight in the mid section (i.e. where it's going 430)... and it's a very short distance so pretty cheap for someone to buy a few trips both ways and bring a scale with them :D Plus the "east" track is right next to the "west" track so no other reason for deviation. Some rudimentary math based on that Wiki graph, a 10kg mass should weigh about 15grams more travelling east, and 15 grams less travelling west: i think that's easily measurable on cheap equipment? Hell you could always just use your phone's accelerometer (not sure if accurate enough?)

Went on that train last year: FYI it's awesome lol Was thinking there'd be some mention of Eötvös effect in relation to it but can't immediately find it on web: guaranteed they factored that in to the engineering! I wonder if they adjust the mag lev strength "up" accordingly or just use a flat rate and doesn't matter if it rides higher/lower hmm
Quote from: Round Eyes
Long range, high altitude, potentially solar powered airplanes [...] If the planes are travelling approx 15 miles about earth, that works out to around 2,200 mph, or Mach 3