Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #140 on: June 03, 2014, 07:34:03 PM »
Which is unfair because they keep choking the files on usenet.

Ghost of V

« Reply #141 on: June 03, 2014, 07:46:11 PM »
Is this show actually good? It's all I hear about from anybody, but I feel like it's a shitty, overhyped show.

It is a shitty overhyped show. Second only to Breaking Bad.

Offline spoon

• Foxy wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 05, 2014, 01:13:53 PM »
Is this show actually good? It's all I hear about from anybody, but I feel like it's a shitty, overhyped show.

It is a shitty overhyped show. Second only to Breaking Bad.

bro no don say dat
inb4 Blanko spoons a literally pizza

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 08, 2014, 07:52:56 PM »
Almost every character in the show has been a cunt except for Ned Stark.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #144 on: June 08, 2014, 08:21:28 PM »
The show has a new fan.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 08, 2014, 08:26:46 PM »
Irrelevant.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 08, 2014, 08:28:09 PM »
I'm finally caught up. Oberyn's death traumatized me a little. I watched it right before going to bed and couldn't stop seeing his face squished like a big orange. But they did a great job on his movements, I believed the Red Viper.

Generally it was a good episode, it had turning points for my favorite story lines: Jorah/Daenerys, Sansa/Littlefinger, Tyrion. I'm a little sad there hasn't been more sexual tension between Jorah/Daenerys cause there was a lot in the book, you'd think HBO would be milking that one for all it's worth.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 08:41:50 PM by rooster »

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #147 on: June 08, 2014, 08:37:19 PM »
Tonight's the big battle for Castle Black.  Unfortunately, they really haven't done a very good job of building it up over the course of the season, not like with Blackwater in the second season.  At least then the characters were doing things that advanced the plot and logically led up to the battle.  Here, they're just stalling and dragging their feet.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 08, 2014, 08:39:26 PM »
Tonight's the big battle for Castle Black.  Unfortunately, they really haven't done a very good job of building it up over the course of the season, not like with Blackwater in the second season.  At least then the characters were doing things that advanced the plot and logically led up to the battle.  Here, they're just stalling and dragging their feet.
Yeah, I didn't realize it was happening so soon until I saw a promo picture for the show.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #149 on: June 09, 2014, 04:44:30 AM »
HOLY SHIT THIS EPISODE WAS AWESOME

My one main complaint about it was Jon and Ygritte's reunion.  Who the fuck was that kid, and why did the writers feel that he needed to be the one who killed Ygritte?  Why not have, you know, an actual character do it?  Sam could have done it.  Or Gilly.  Anyone would have been better than that fucking random kid.  And then grieving for her in the middle of the battle like that was such a silly cliché.  Also, I'm confused about what happened to Thorne.  Is he dead?  We don't see him die, but everyone's kind of acting like he's dead, without coming right out and saying that he's dead.

But apart from that, it was fantastic.  Jon was great, Sam was great, Thorne was great, hell, pretty much everyone in this episode got a few badass moments - with the obvious exception of Slynt.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 02:51:45 AM by Saddam Hussein »

« Reply #150 on: June 09, 2014, 08:12:14 AM »
HOLY SHIT THIS EPISODE WAS AWESOME

My one main complaint about it was Jon and Ygritte's reunion.  Who the fuck was that kid, and why did the writers feel that he needed to be the one who killed Ygritte?  Why not have, you know, an actual character do it?  Sam could have done it.  Or Gilly.  Anyone would have been better than that fucking random kid.  And then grieving for her in the middle of the battle like that was such a silly cliché.  Also, I'm confused about what happened to Thorne.  Is he dead?  We don't see him die, but everyone's kind of acting like he's dead, without coming right out and saying that he's dead.

But apart from that, it was fantastic.  Jon was great, Sam was great, Thorne was great, hell, pretty much everyone in this episode got a few badass moments - with the obvious exception of Slynt

lol the kid has been built up for like 3 episodes now, Ygritte killed his dad. He's always shown at the wall, he was shown throughout this episode too. It was obvious what they were gonna do with him, and it was retarded in practice. He's cowering the entire episode, then he just shoots a chick and nods at Jon like some badass. Cliche as fuck.

Terrible, just terrible.

I also feel cheated. I was expecting Stannis the Mannis. Now what the fuck is gonna happen? They going to shove Tywin's death and the Wildlings getting rekt by Stannis in one episode? And what is happening with Jon, that's so weird.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 08:19:54 AM by Vindictus »

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #151 on: June 09, 2014, 04:26:40 PM »
Okay, I remember the kid now.  It's still stupid.

And yeah, I guess Stannis is going to be in next week's charming little Father's Day episode.  It'll be manageable if they have some good direction and writing.  In fact, Martin should be writing this final episode, seeing how he hasn't written one so far this season. lol I'm dumb
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 10:02:44 PM by Saddam Hussein »

« Reply #152 on: June 09, 2014, 07:59:54 PM »
He wrote Joffrey's death.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 10, 2014, 08:07:04 AM »
The Crows had a giant problem when the wildlings attacked the wall.

Ghost of V

« Reply #154 on: June 10, 2014, 06:02:18 PM »
I like The Crow.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 10, 2014, 06:25:11 PM »
A friend and I bought the teefury shirts today.

« Reply #156 on: June 10, 2014, 09:13:22 PM »
Tonight's the big battle for Castle Black.  Unfortunately, they really haven't done a very good job of building it up over the course of the season

I think they built up to it, but not in a way that you'd give a fuck.

TBH I think there are too many plot lines for this show to handle.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 11, 2014, 02:37:36 AM »
I really hope the next episode isn't solely the Night's Watch.

« Reply #158 on: June 11, 2014, 04:35:42 AM »
I really hope the next episode isn't solely the Night's Watch.

Can't be. They need to wrap up Tyrion's plotline, and probably Bran's and Stoneheart as well. The episode is called 'The Children' so presumably it'll be a send off for Arya, Bran, Stoneheart (and her rage at losing her son), Tyrion and Tywin.. and the Night's Watch finale. So there's a lot of crap they've got to shove into it.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 11, 2014, 05:07:03 AM »
If Tyrion dies so does the show.