Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
On the Notion of T-Shirts
« on: July 20, 2014, 05:10:26 PM »
The topic of t-shirts has come up numerous times in the past few weeks. If this is something the community would like to pursue, I would like to help. I don't know if we want to wait to see what the outcome of any reunification talks may be, or if we should just move forward and do it.

Secret User and I could probably tackle the whole thing, however I'd like to get some help from people who may have experience in this. I don't mind fronting the capital to get a run of t-shirts done. I'd also like to price them such that folks can get them at a reasonable price. I don't mind losing a few dollars out of my own pocket to make that happen.

I'd like to get feedback from the community on this to see if it is something worth pursuing. Also, if you can help, let me know. Again, I am not asking for money, I can take care of that part. I also may need some help with logistics to make sure shirts get shipped where they need to.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 05:12:35 PM by junker »

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
Re: On The Notion of T-Shirts
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 05:13:18 PM »
I'm in favor. I'm sure we still need to come up with designs first, right? At the very least we can take care of that while we discuss reunification.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: On the Notion of T-Shirts
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 05:20:12 PM »
I suggest buying a pack of iron on transfers.  It requires more effort but you aren't restricted by minimum counts.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: On The Notion of T-Shirts
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 05:29:07 PM »
I'm in favor. I'm sure we still need to come up with designs first, right? At the very least we can take care of that while we discuss reunification.
I will definitely need help with the design. I'd prefer it be agreed on by the community.

I suggest buying a pack of iron on transfers.  It requires more effort but you aren't restricted by minimum counts.
If someone would take on the responsibility for that, I wouldn't mind buying everything. I just won't have time to invest in doing that. My goal is to just throw some money at this and have everything work out, with some oversight of course.

Thork

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 05:34:27 PM »
Lets just use a 3rd party vendor. Then we don't have to take money and we don't have to worry about sending them out all over the world. I think PP already knows a good company to do this. And screw reunification. Part of any reunification deal has got to have Daniel no longer in charge of T-shirts. Its embarrassing, taking money and not sending the stuff out. Any reunification (and I'm not sure there will be one) should take our method of merchandising. Not rely on useless Daniel.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 05:52:05 PM by Thork »

Offline spoon

• Foxy wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 05:46:39 PM »
I would get a t-shirt and/or hoodie. I tried buying one off of Daniel about a year ago but he wasn't very helpful.
inb4 Blanko spoons a literally pizza

Thork

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2014, 05:53:32 PM »
Frankly, 'flat earth society' sounds like a clothing label already. I think this is something we can do well and use it to raise our own profile.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2014, 06:02:49 PM »
Are you familiar with Litographs? They make t-shirt designs based on the text of classic novels. A similar shirt design based on ENaG would be interesting, if someone could figure out how to do it.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2014, 06:38:56 PM »
Are you familiar with Litographs? They make t-shirt designs based on the text of classic novels. A similar shirt design based on ENaG would be interesting, if someone could figure out how to do it.

I had not seen them before, but I do like the idea. I do think that may be a bit cost prohibitive, at least for a first run. I want to make sure this actually gets done and doesn't sit untouched for months/years.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2014, 08:04:29 PM »
I would buy a few shirts, if the design is decent.  That being said, I am probably the least artistic person here, so I am not volunteering to make the design.  But, I would be happy to criticize other people's hard work. 

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2014, 11:33:23 PM »
I would buy a few shirts, if the design is decent.  That being said, I am probably the least artistic person here, so I am not volunteering to make the design.  But, I would be happy to criticize other people's hard work.

I am also not artistically-inclined. Hopefully we can get some volunteers.

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2014, 05:59:32 AM »
http://www.zazzle.co.uk/noblox

Something like this is acceptable with little effort from the creators. Especially if non-profit.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2014, 08:09:27 PM »
Not sure if anyone still cares with the upcoming reunification and all, but I made this monochrome variant of our current logo and I thought it might look good on a t-shirt. Here's a few colour combinations to give an idea:

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2014, 08:12:56 PM »
They look really nice. I stand by my OP, I'd be happy to help move this along.

Ghost of V

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2014, 08:17:26 PM »
I'd buy a shirt with that on it. I especially like the colors on the last two.

Offline Tintagel

• Full of Tinier Tintagels
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2014, 08:27:27 PM »
I'm in!  Are we Cafe Pressing them, or something else?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2014, 08:57:36 PM »
I'm a fan of CafePress, and I'm happy to set it up unless anyone has objections. Let's just do it. If anyone would like to set up alternatives to CafePress, feel free to - there's nothing stopping us from having them side-by-side.

Blanko, could you send me high-res copies of these and/or the PSD? I'm assuming that, since this is a derivative work of a CC BY-SA 4.0-licensed work, these are also licensed under CC BY-SA 4.0, but if possible, could you please state this explicitly just so we have all bases covered?

Once I've received those, I'll set up a store at no profit. If no profit is not a possibility, I'll come back here and discuss options.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 09:00:40 PM by pizaaplanet »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2014, 09:10:17 PM »
Yes, it's CC BY-SA 4.0.

Rama Set

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2014, 09:36:02 PM »
I would love a t-shirt with one of these logos. Looks great.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2014, 09:55:43 PM »
That looks fantastic. I would also buy a shirt with that design.
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.