Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox and Valve finally have their baby
« Reply #120 on: July 25, 2014, 03:36:23 PM »
So it's not possible?

$395
That's Case, Motherboard, memory, Video Card, Power supply, HDD, DVD Drive, keyboard, mouse.  Basically everything an XBox360 comes with.
Not only does this more or less exceed the XBox360 in specs but it should run GTA IV without a problem.

AMD Athlon X4 740 Trinity Quad-Core 3.2GHz
ESC A55F2P-M2 AMD A55 Micro ATX Motherboard.
2xTeam Elite 2GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM
Micro-ATX Case
WD HDD 500 GB SATA2
Lite-ON 18x DVD-ROM drive.
FSP 450w MicroATX Power Supply
Diamond Radeon R5 230 Graphics Card.  1GB DDR3 PCI-Express 3.0x16
Keyboard
mouse

OS not included.

I hope you didn't buy this. That's the cringiest budget PC I've ever seen. Just wait for black friday and get an AMD APU build that's twice as good for the same price.
Its designed to run GTA 4 well for under $400.
So yeah, its budget.  Why is it cringiest though?  Its not like you can get cheaper and better parts now.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 26, 2014, 10:01:48 AM »
So it's not possible?

$395
That's Case, Motherboard, memory, Video Card, Power supply, HDD, DVD Drive, keyboard, mouse.  Basically everything an XBox360 comes with.
Not only does this more or less exceed the XBox360 in specs but it should run GTA IV without a problem.

Micro-ATX Case
WD HDD 500 GB SATA2
Keyboard
mouse

OS not included.

I hope you didn't buy this. That's the cringiest budget PC I've ever seen. Just wait for black friday and get an AMD APU build that's twice as good for the same price.
So yeah, its budget.  Why is it cringiest though?  Its not like you can get cheaper and better parts now.

The CPU is slow as balls, the PSU is a crappy brand, along with the motherboard, awful budget RAM, slow GPU, and it looks like that's a WD Green hard drive or something. You can get a faster one for the same price. If he wants a platform to play just one game, he should get a console so he knows he can at least play any games that will be released for it. If he got this, it's already outdated and he probably won't be able to play many games that he'll inevitably want to play.

Just save up for an APU build and you can just not get a GPU and add one later if you want.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 26, 2014, 11:08:13 AM »
I don't get it. If you're aiming for shit tier performance, why not just get a console? Gaming PCs are for surpassing console performance, not matching it.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 26, 2014, 12:19:08 PM »
So it's not possible?

$395

Micro-ATX Case
WD HDD 500 GB SATA2
Keyboard
mouse

OS not included.

The CPU is slow as balls, the PSU is a crappy brand, along with the motherboard, awful budget RAM, slow GPU, and it looks like that's a WD Green hard drive or something. You can get a faster one for the same price. If he wants a platform to play just one game, he should get a console so he knows he can at least play any games that will be released for it. If he got this, it's already outdated and he probably won't be able to play many games that he'll inevitably want to play.

Just save up for an APU build and you can just not get a GPU and add one later if you want.
You clearly didn't read the whole thread.
I'll summarize:
V: Consoles are better because they cost less.
LD: PC is better because its cheaper in the long run for better quality.
V: Impossible.  I'll only believe it if you can build a gaming PC that will play GTA 4 at max settings at 60fps for less than $400.
LD: (finds cheap parts to satisfy gta's recommended requirements)

I sure as hell wouldn't buy this for a gaming PC.  I'm just proving a point.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Ghost of V

« Reply #124 on: July 26, 2014, 04:35:52 PM »
So it's not possible?

$395

Micro-ATX Case
WD HDD 500 GB SATA2
Keyboard
mouse

OS not included.

Build a better one for roughly the same price if you're such a pro at budget PCs.

Gaming PCs are for surpassing console performance, not matching it.

Maybe if you're an elitist PC masterace, but graphics aren't very important to me. I just want something that can play a few PC exclusives, all of which are not very graphically extensive.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 05:04:39 PM by Vauxhall »

« Reply #125 on: July 26, 2014, 11:51:22 PM »
For that kinda price, you'd could have a fairly decent 2nd hand pc/laptop. consoles are becoming too expensive for what you get. I wouldn't be surprised to see the console age come to an end. More people would rather prod their phone/tablet.

Ghost of V

« Reply #126 on: July 26, 2014, 11:51:47 PM »
More people would rather prod their phone/tablet.

Incorrect.

Smartphone gaming is for children.

« Reply #127 on: July 27, 2014, 12:00:24 AM »

Incorrect.

All gaming is for children. Adults should be working or getting laid, or looking after said children.

Ghost of V

« Reply #128 on: July 27, 2014, 12:03:06 AM »

Incorrect.

All gaming is for children. Adults should be working or getting laid, or looking after said children.

Game for Cats says otherwise.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 27, 2014, 12:32:38 AM »
PC gaming will die before console gaming. The reason is that PC gaming is more of a solitary experience. It's more of a chore to set up a LAN party or lug your computer around than to just bring a console and plug in three extra controllers. For a lot of people, console gaming is just more fun. And game mechanics will always be > graphics in terms of enjoyment.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 12:34:38 AM by Andrew »

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 27, 2014, 12:44:31 AM »
PC gaming will die before console gaming. The reason is that PC gaming is more of a solitary experience. It's more of a chore to set up a LAN party or lug your computer around than to just bring a console and plug in three extra controllers. For a lot of people, console gaming is just more fun. And game mechanics will always be > graphics in terms of enjoyment.

trololololol

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 27, 2014, 12:49:56 AM »

epic
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 27, 2014, 01:30:23 AM »
Considering how many split screen games are being made these days, I'm going to say you're wrong.
Very, very wrong.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 27, 2014, 01:34:57 AM »
Considering how many split screen games are being made these days, I'm going to say you're wrong.
Very, very wrong.

That isn't why he's wrong. Also, many split screen games for the PC?
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 27, 2014, 01:42:11 AM »
split screen is terrible
The Mastery.

Offline Foxbox

• We live inside a dream.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 27, 2014, 01:43:48 AM »

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 27, 2014, 01:56:50 AM »
That isn't why he's wrong. Also, many split screen games for the PC?

Well it depends on your definition of "split screen gaming." Two people could easily play two "split-screen" games on the same computer at the same time, but I doubt there are many computer games that actively support this with in-game options.

Ghost of V

« Reply #137 on: July 27, 2014, 01:58:56 AM »
There are less and less split screen games now that devs are aiming for online multi. A lot of popular console games don't even have split screen anymore. I think it's so the publishers can make a few extra bucks and push more copies.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 27, 2014, 02:04:27 AM »
There are less and less split screen games now that devs are aiming for online multi. A lot of popular console games don't even have split screen anymore. I think it's so the publishers can make a few extra bucks and push more copies.

Well, that and console hardware is so utterly shitty now that the console can't handle two PoVs at the same time.

Ghost of V

« Reply #139 on: July 27, 2014, 02:06:17 AM »

Well, that and console hardware is so utterly shitty now that the console can't handle two PoVs at the same time.

Eh, most can if they cut the res or make other tweaks for split screen. Its just not desirable to the player, really. That's probably the main reason split screen is dying out.