new replies
« on: January 07, 2014, 03:24:39 AM »
Would it be possible to stop new replies showing if you having posted after a set time or a set number of posts has past?
Theres this other forum where theres a number game and you may of posted 1 number back in 1856 but even if you never post again it still keeps coming into your new replies. It was annoying for many people.

Saddam Hussein

Re: new replies
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 04:16:15 AM »
I think a better way of handling that would be to add a feature allowing you to unsubscribe from a thread without having to delete your posts.

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 11:41:44 AM »
Lol I'm such a dumb ass. Lol. Yeah my forum does that. It's a much better idea and far less complicated.

Offline Shane

• If you will it, it is no dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 09:33:46 PM »
Squevil4admin
Quote from: Rushy
How do you know you weren't literally given metaphorical wings?

Thork

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 10:55:05 PM »
I think a better way of handling that would be to add a feature allowing you to unsubscribe from a thread without having to delete your posts.
Unsubscribe would be a fantastic feature.

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 05:27:13 AM »
You can mark all the topics as read. It only removes them until someone posts in them again, but it's great for clearing out some of the old debate threads that have quit being interesting enough to read.
You don't think I'm going to post here sober, do you?  ???

I have embraced my Benny Franko side. I'm sleazy.

Offline Tintagel

• Full of Tinier Tintagels
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 01:01:29 AM »
Might it be possible to unsubscribe an entire forum?  I participate on CN sometimes but I really don't need my "Unread posts" list to be full of "variations on e" etc. if it's not necessary.

Would love to be able to more efficiently ignore it until I choose to punish myself by visiting :P

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 01:38:56 PM »
Yes, this seems like a good idea. I'll be getting back to Sydney tomorrow, so I can work on it then.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol