Offline gheod

• View Profile
Hey all!  I am trying to commission a Flat Earth-themed retirement gift for a friend who is retiring from the military.  He's a Navy guy and, since there's a chance he is lurking around somewhere, I'm going to forego identifying his specialty or his name.  So I will refer to him as RN.  His belief in Flat Earth Theory makes for some of the most interesting conversation we have at work.  Full disclosure:  none of the rest of us are Flat Earth believers, but all love RN and are respectful of his difference in opinion.  Speaking for myself, I appreciate the scientific skepticism required to challenge the status quo I see among the Flat Earth Community.  Onto what it is I'm trying to do...the thought I've had is a coffee table or end table--flat and round, of course--with a graphic of the Flat Earth map on top with his duty stations marked much like you might mark a map of places one has traveled.  I'm not set on this and am completely open to better/more interesting ideas.  I'm looking at the $800-$1000 price range.  Ideas?  Comments?  Suggestions?  Much appreciated! 

Offline gheod

• View Profile
Forgot to add: if I'm posting on the wrong forum please let me know.  Thanks!

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
I think that's a very cool idea! I don't immediately have any suggestions, but I'd be very keen to see how it develops!
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
Watches are a retirement gift classic and there are a number of FE themed watches available online.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Dual1ty

"His belief in Flat Earth Theory". What about it is a belief or a theory? There are numerous FE beliefs and theories, but FE itself is not a belief or a theory.

A or B?

If you say B, you are a reality denier.