Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
Joe Biden is winning by a landslide
« on: June 25, 2020, 08:02:44 PM »
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Biden is winning by a landslide
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 09:08:37 PM »
At least he would be if the election were held today.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/25/politics/donald-trump-swing-state-polls-new-york-times-siena/index.html

I imagine polling went like this.

Pollster: "Hi, I'm from the New York Times. Would you mind telling me how you would vote if there were an election tomorrow?"
Democrat voter: "I'd vote Biden. Orange man bad.

Pollster: "Hi, I'm from the New York Times. Would you mind telling me how you would vote if there were an election tomorrow?"
Republican voter: "New York Times? How about you f-off, you total disgrace.  >o<"
Pollster: "I'll pop you down as an undecided.

Conservatives in all countries are much more likely to refuse to disclose their voting intentions. This is likely because the New York Times et al frequently tell people they are stupid if they vote Republican. When a left wing journalist asks you how you will vote, you're unlikely to be cooperative with them. I wouldn't have '5 mins to spare' for the BBC for example.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shy_Tory_factor
^ I guess you would have something similar in the USA.

My verdict ... Trump will win again without breaking a sweat. By the time the head to head debate has happened and Biden is shown to be absolutely out of his skull with dementia, it'll all be over for another 4 years.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 09:14:37 PM by Toddler Thork »
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 01:01:51 AM »
Thork, I want people to have that attitude. I want people to be paranoid that the Orange Man will win again,  despite the overwhelming evidence that he won't. Apparently it's the only way to energize enough Democrats to make a difference.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2020, 03:58:17 AM »
Except they wouldn't mention the New York Times.  Or any company name, to ensure unbiased answers.
Only if pressed would they say what their polling company or university is. 

Also, I'm with Roundy.  We got complacent last time and it fucked us over.  Hell, I'm gonna vote this time around.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 01:48:10 PM »
Also, I'm with Roundy.  We got complacent last time and it fucked us over.  Hell, I'm gonna vote this time around.

You don't even live in the US anymore. It didn't change your life one jot having Trump. You've been watching too much CNN again.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2020, 03:03:52 PM »

You don't even live in the US anymore. It didn't change your life one jot having Trump. You've been watching too much CNN again.

We don't get CNN over here. :P
I am also a citizen so his actions reflect on me.
I also file taxes.  I got his stimulus money and spent it in Norway.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

totallackey

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2020, 03:41:42 PM »

...It didn't change your life one jot having Trump.
This is true for every single person on the planet.

Rama Set

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2020, 03:48:05 PM »

TIL POTUS doesn't matter.

totallackey

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2020, 03:51:59 PM »

Please describe one thing any president has done that impacted your life to any degree.

Rama Set

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2020, 04:04:04 PM »

Please describe one thing any president has done that impacted your life to any degree.

Why are you singling me out?  You said it was true for every single person on the planet.

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2020, 04:17:38 PM »
Thork, I want people to have that attitude. I want people to be paranoid that the Orange Man will win again,  despite the overwhelming evidence that he won't. Apparently it's the only way to energize enough Democrats to make a difference.

Sadly America's youth will not vote, they just can't be bothered.  Maybe if they could vote on Tik Tok?
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2020, 05:59:55 PM »

This is a very odd thing to say or argue.  By this logic, you should not care who wins any presidency as they have no power over you.  Obama couldn't take your guns, Trump can't get you jobs, nothing.

Hell, it means any military action ordered by a president has no impact, regardless of who dies.
Go figure, eh?

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2020, 06:11:22 PM »
You are a parasite on decent hard working Americans. And now you wish to impose your political ideologies on those living in the States without having to face the consequences of your vote yourself? Honestly, look at your behaviour and decide if you are a morally bankrupt. I'd say you are behaving as such.

Rama Set

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2020, 06:17:15 PM »
You are a parasite on decent hard working Americans. And now you wish to impose your political ideologies on those living in the States without having to face the consequences of your vote yourself? Honestly, look at your behaviour and decide if you are a morally bankrupt. I'd say you are behaving as such.

All of a sudden you care what an American is doing?  But it's weird to care what the president of the USA is doing?  Do you see how completely two-faced you are?

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2020, 06:21:06 PM »
All of a sudden you care what an American is doing?  But it's weird to care what the president of the USA is doing?  Do you see how completely two-faced you are?
Lord Dave is part of my every day life. I've been talking to Lord Dave for a decade. I know everything about him and his life. I have never had any interaction with Donald Trump. To me, Lord Dave is a reality. Trump is just a media fiction.

Rama Set

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2020, 06:23:07 PM »
Lord Dave is part of my every day life. I've been talking to Lord Dave for a decade. I know everything about him and his life. I have never had any interaction with Donald Trump. To me, Lord Dave is a reality. Trump is just a media fiction.

Well, it turns out that acting like an ostrich won't make Trump a fiction.  He is a real person.  He makes decisions of consequence to the world.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2020, 06:28:17 PM »

Sadly America's youth will not vote, they just can't be bothered.  Maybe if they could vote on Tik Tok?

Thanks for contributing to the cause!  :)

Offline timterroo

• domo arigato gozaimashita
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2020, 02:57:05 AM »

I don't know... with all that has happened lately, I wonder if it will outrage enough young people to pay attention.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 02:59:58 AM by timterroo »
"noche te ipsum"

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."  - Albert Einstein

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2020, 04:11:47 AM »
Its not my fault they sent a check to people who live out of country.  They could easily have just not sent one to someone who works out of country or lives out of country, but they chose not to.  So yes, I took the check I was given, all $1,700, and cashed it to add to my home savings account.

As for consequences.  There are always consequences.  I may not have to live under his rule (unless he forces me back or invades Norway) but I am still bound by many American laws by virtue of being American.  I have student loans whose interest rates vary by the word if the Treasury.  Whose repayment terms are dictated by his choice of education secretary.  I file taxes in accordance to the IRS and current Tax laws, a major one of which HE SIGNED INTO LAW.

So yes, I don't have to live in Trump's America, but I sure as hell feel his shit.
I also have friends and family there.  So even if I don't live there, they do and I want them to have a good life.  Wouldn't you?

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2020, 03:05:27 AM »
https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/trump-says-biden-would-destroy-the-suburbs-so-what-is-his-housing-plan

When an article strains to be critical of Biden, and somehow ends up as a glowing endorsement of his proposed policy. Biden's initiatives are stated in a Fox News article, without any attempt on their part to dispute the point, to reduce overall poverty by 22% and child poverty by 34%, all by (gasp!) forcing the suburbs to be more inclusive. I know, right? Pure evil!

I mean the subtext is that all of a sudden more people from urban areas (ie people of color, and obviously largely criminals) are going to move into the burbs and that's why what Biden is doing is "destroying the suburbs". I guess to the racists that make up a significant portion of Fox's viewership such consequences are terrifying.

It's just crazy that in attacking a liberal over a liberal policy, in the name of defending Trump's inane accusations, a conservative outfit can't spin things so that it really sounds like a bad idea. Unless, of course, you take issue with more people being able to make their way out of poverty, and conceivably move into your development. There goes the neighborhood, huh?