I have just recently found an interest in the Flat Earth Theory, and after a while of research about what it was, I couldn't understand it very well, or how it explained a lot of things, so I came to the Flat Earth Society forum to get a brush up on all the details as it seems that you guys have all the answers. So can I have a detailed explanation on this theory?

Offline Bad Puppy

• Belief does not make something a theory.
    • View Profile
I have just recently found an interest in the Flat Earth Theory, and after a while of research about what it was, I couldn't understand it very well, or how it explained a lot of things, so I came to the Flat Earth Society forum to get a brush up on all the details as it seems that you guys have all the answers. So can I have a detailed explanation on this theory?

You'll probably find all you need looking through the forums and the wiki.  Evidence of such is another story altogether.
Quote from: Tom Bishop
...circles do not exist and pi is not 3.14159...

Quote from: totallackey
Do you have any evidence of reality?

As above. Something I understood later is that it's not a "young theory", but it's going on since two hundred years. Ah, of course there's no way to discern genuine flat earthers from pranksters.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 08:52:46 AM by Bikini Polaris »
Quote from: Pete Svarrior
these waves of smug RE'ers are temporary. Every now and then they flood us for a year or two in response to some media attention, and eventually they peter out. In my view, it's a case of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

I would recommend reading the whole Wiki, or as much as you can. Then, spend a week reading forum posts and see what you think. The story goes on and on and is not going to be answered in one forum post response.

Not to be rude or stifle your interest.
It could be round or flat, but round has really been working out so much better for us.

Perhaps it would be better to say the Earth is "pointy".

Offline Nata

• View Profile
When you fed up of Wiki I recommend you switch to a good fiction related to the Flat Earth Theory. Especially, to read the story Flight United 999 where it is a central theme in the Novel.