Re: Forum structure
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2013, 11:28:12 PM »
If there is an FE Fun forum I'd love to see some FE artwork that people might come up with.
I don't even care to find out what you're doing wrong, but I'm sure you're doing something wrong.

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2013, 12:12:55 AM »
FET is meant to be fun though. Without saying too much, dont we advocate FET for the fun of doing so anyway?
This was gonna be my suggestion, if you want more credibility then maybe the whole point in the FES should be restructured and make it more about keeping the FES tradition. If its credibility you want then maybe being more open about why you post is a good idea?
I hope what im saying kinda makes sense without being so blindingly obvious.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2013, 07:44:44 AM »
I like FE Q&A.  It implies, to a noob, that, "Here is a place where you can ask questions, and we nice FE'ers will try to answer them for you".  Too many times, FE'ers post, "Read the FAQ", or "Read ENaG".  We should keep this forum and try to actually provide answers to questions, as the name implies, even if they have been asked a thousand times.

Also, as I have stated before, I don't believe that the perma noobs should be allowed to turn questions into debates in this forum.  It seems to work out that way often.  I would suggest some sort of warning for the first offense, and maybe bans after that that keep the perma noob from posting in this particular forum.  After all, noobs want to hear FE answers; they already learned the RE answers in school. 

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2013, 08:51:15 AM »
Yeah dont be so soft on people. If you get a bunch of people just defending RET all the time then stop them posting there.

Offline Hoppy

• Posts 6892
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2013, 01:58:36 AM »
Can we consider my structure idea?

I think we only need two forums for FE.

A super serious one to discuss flat earth and bring credibility to the site, and a fun one where people can post dumb stuff and have fun about FET. Not CN. CN is for everything. FE Fun could be for zetetic maths and square earth theory and all the other stuff people love to post, without scolding them for posting here.

Additional.
Make the Flat Earth Debate forum a different text colour or something. Red font maybe. So its very obvious that is the main point of the site and has a marked step change in moderation and rules.

Condensing the 3 will stop moderators having to move everything which is confusing to someone who made their first post and it dissappeared, + it stops a discussion on gravity in Q&A and in FED and in General all happening at once.

It will also stop the main forums looking so empty until new users arrive. If the FE Debate forum gets so busy as to require splitting, do it due to demand. Not dogma.
I think your structure idea is basically good, many of the old sections did seem to overlap. And the differences were subjective, split and moved for any reason. I of course, would like to see a conspiracy section.
God is real.

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2013, 04:34:38 AM »
Can we consider my structure idea?

I think we only need two forums for FE.

A super serious one to discuss flat earth and bring credibility to the site, and a fun one where people can post dumb stuff and have fun about FET. Not CN. CN is for everything. FE Fun could be for zetetic maths and square earth theory and all the other stuff people love to post, without scolding them for posting here.

Additional.
Make the Flat Earth Debate forum a different text colour or something. Red font maybe. So its very obvious that is the main point of the site and has a marked step change in moderation and rules.

Condensing the 3 will stop moderators having to move everything which is confusing to someone who made their first post and it dissappeared, + it stops a discussion on gravity in Q&A and in FED and in General all happening at once.

It will also stop the main forums looking so empty until new users arrive. If the FE Debate forum gets so busy as to require splitting, do it due to demand. Not dogma.

I rather like this idea.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline spank86

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2013, 08:02:38 PM »
Should someone bring this post to this forum? Or leave it up to Tom?
Really, we need to bring Tom to the forum. He'll come, but not without any juicy noobs to eat.
I'm a noob but I'm afraid I'm tough and stringy.

If tenderized properly however, I might make a palatable appetizer.

Adolf Hipster

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2013, 09:52:22 PM »
I think Thork makes a point. We shouldn't have 3 similar forums that often become one and the same - I am sure we all remember Q&A threads often turning into debates. We should cut down on the amount of sections for 2 reasons:
1) Why have 3 sections that are similar and often leak into one another?
2) Makes the forum look busier.

I also really like the idea of a fun section. It doesn't have to be ridiculous like CN, but is simply more for discussing fun ideas such as random earth shapes, etc.