Offline UnionsOfSolarSystemPlanet

• The Moon orbits spherical Earth!
    • View Profile
Elliptical orbit of Earth, Moon and the Planets.
« on: March 13, 2016, 02:06:07 PM »
It seems that most American flat Earthers always forget the fact that all orbits are elliptical with variable speed in the spherical Earth model.
I have measured myself that the Sun appears larger and move faster relative to background stars in January than at July, the same with the
Moon every 2 weeks. The outer Planets too doesn't always have the same size and brightness during opposition, and no flat Earth model attempts explaining this all.
The size of the Solar system if the Moon were only 1 pixel:
http://joshworth.com/dev/pixelspace/pixelspace_solarsystem.html

Offline BlueMoon

• NASA Defender
    • View Profile
Re: Elliptical orbit of Earth, Moon and the Planets.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 03:30:11 PM »
It seems that most American flat Earthers always forget the fact that all orbits are elliptical with variable speed in the spherical Earth model.
I have measured myself that the Sun appears larger and move faster relative to background stars in January than at July, the same with the
Moon every 2 weeks. The outer Planets too doesn't always have the same size and brightness during opposition, and no flat Earth model attempts explaining this all.
Right you are.  I think they'll just try to pin it to celestial gravitation.  That seems to be the stock answer when they are confronted with something they never bothered to take into account. 
Aerospace Engineering Student
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate
More qualified to speak for NASA than you are to speak against them

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 03:16:14 AM »
Right you are.  I think they'll just try to pin it to celestial gravitation.  That seems to be the stock answer when they are confronted with something they never bothered to take into account.
I would not pin too much hope on FE replies. One actually posted this in reply to a thread on "How does flat earth astronomy work?":
Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about it.  I mean after all, they're just lights in the sky.  How much can we expect to ever know about them? 
Yes, try to pin them down on the large variation in size, and the phases of Venus (also to a lesser extent, Mercury).
The part where Venus is full when furthest away (almost hidden by the sun) and "new" when it is largest (and again hard to see because of being close to the sun) is particularly interesting.

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 03:59:51 AM »
Nice circle jerk ya got here. Oh the irony lol

Offline UnionsOfSolarSystemPlanet

• The Moon orbits spherical Earth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 08:34:59 AM »
I swear the admins never warn flat Earthers to don't post low content posting in the upper fora.
From any your post, you never add any arguments supporting the flat Earth, all i see is you questioning the spherical Earth model and question them further or just insult the answer.

If you can't debate, don't post at flat Earth debate!
The size of the Solar system if the Moon were only 1 pixel:
http://joshworth.com/dev/pixelspace/pixelspace_solarsystem.html

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 09:57:06 AM »
Who are you answering? What about using the "Quote" button?
And whatever are you talking about? You must realise we not all as smart as you!
So, why does the planet Venus have phases much like the moon? And, why is it smallest in size when it is "full"?

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2016, 10:37:56 AM »

You won't get a decent answer he will drivel on about how he isn't committed either way ,just looking for answers when cornered, and then carry on parroting purely FE spam, 16yr old troll style.
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2016, 12:12:16 PM »

You won't get a decent answer he will drivel on about how he isn't committed either way ,just looking for answers when cornered, and then carry on parroting purely FE spam, 16yr old troll style.

It's better than being completely over bearing and seemingly having an answer for everything, which is infinitely more obnoxious.

And as much as you crucify "FE-ers" for ignoring evidence, you guys dismiss anything that goes against your world view as well. You obviously don't see it, because it's a lot harder to judge yourself than it is others.

It is not my place to convince any of you of anything, but for some, it seems like your damn job.

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2016, 12:18:51 PM »
It is not my place to convince any of you of anything, but for some, it seems like your damn job.

You do a pretty good job of ridiculing so much about the Globe that you don't seem to understand.
It does seem like: "If I can't understand it, it must be wrong, fake or a lie!"
But, just what did you mean by "Nice circle jerk ya got here. Oh the irony lol"?

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2016, 12:38:48 PM »

You do a pretty good job of ridiculing so much about the Globe that you don't seem to understand.
It does seem like: "If I can't understand it, it must be wrong, fake or a lie!"
But, just what did you mean by "Nice circle jerk ya got here. Oh the irony lol"?

I was referring to the implicit irony in a bunch of round earthers engaging in a circle jerk.

And it's not that I don't understand, as you keep implying in an effort to discredit my point of view. I'm no expert on a lot of different things, but I'm also no idiot. Any argument you get from me will be based strictly in logic. I won't bury you with pages of google search results and confusing numbers, graphs and photos. Anything I say to you on here would be something I could say to you on the street, in person, without the aid of those crutches. I only aim to awaken the dormant critical thought portion of others brains, to either have them question beliefs they held true and, after objectively looking at them, either confirm them, or wholesale disregard them. Obviously I've only made you more certain of your beliefs, but at least I made you think.

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2016, 12:53:21 PM »
And it's not that I don't understand....confusing numbers, graphs and photos.
So, which is it, understood or confused?

Anything I say to you on here would be something I could say to you on the street, in person, without the aid of those crutches.
Because 'on the street' is how real inquiry about the world is done.

Obviously I've only made you more certain of your beliefs, but at least I made you think.
This part, at least, I'll agree with.  Looking for sources to back up what I know has been educational.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice