Offline UnionsOfSolarSystemPlanet

• The Moon orbits spherical Earth!
    • View Profile
Analemma
« on: February 09, 2016, 05:25:42 PM »
From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analemma

In astronomy, an analemma is a diagram showing the deviation of the Sun from its mean motion in the sky, as viewed from a fixed location on the Earth. Due to the Earth's axial tilt and orbital eccentricity, the Sun will not be in the same position in the sky at the same time every day. The north–south component of the analemma is the Sun's declination, and the east–west component is the equation of time. This diagram has the form of a slender figure-eight, and can often be found on globes of the Earth.

What's the explanation for analemma if the Earth is flat?
The size of the Solar system if the Moon were only 1 pixel:
http://joshworth.com/dev/pixelspace/pixelspace_solarsystem.html

Offline Pongo

• Most Educated Flat-Earther
  • Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Analemma
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 06:15:31 PM »
As the sun circles above the flat-earth, it moves closer or further from the North Pole depending on the time of year.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 08:04:44 PM »
As the sun circles above the flat-earth, it moves closer or further from the North Pole depending on the time of year.
That explains the 8 shaped figure, but it's not equal shaped because the Sun is closest and fastst at January and furthest and slowest July.
Still needs explanation for the perihelion aphelion.

Offline Pongo

• Most Educated Flat-Earther
  • Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 09:03:13 PM »
Why do you assume the speed of the sun is constant? If that were true then winter in the "northern hemisphere" would have longer days than summer.

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 05:42:32 PM »
That doesn't explain the analemma's figure-eight shape at all, nor the varying speed of the sun's declination throughout the year which gives the analemma it's asymmetrical shape. The analemma is caused by the difference between apparent solar time and mean solar time. There is no explanation for this on a flat earth, however the tilt of the earth and it's eccentric orbit around the sun account for it perfectly.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 09:06:55 PM »
Why do you assume the speed of the sun is constant? If that were true then winter in the "northern hemisphere" would have longer days than summer.
No, i know for a fact it doesn't and no model of flat Earth i knew attempts to explain motion of the Sun at perihelion and aphelion.

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 11:05:21 PM »

How would the sun change speed in space? its a vacuum, there is nothing there to change the sun's speed. And how is it that the sun changes position above the Earth? Does it have some sort of little rocket engines to push it where it needs to go?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 11:15:28 PM »
its a vacuum, there is nothing there to change the sun's speed.

Because gravitation can't change an object's speed or exist in a vacuum, by your claim.

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 11:23:18 PM »
its a vacuum, there is nothing there to change the sun's speed.

Because gravitation can't change an object's speed or exist in a vacuum, by your claim.

Your FAQ page states that gravity doesnt exist/is extremely weaker than it is taught. There is something wrong in here.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2016, 11:28:35 PM »
Your FAQ page states that gravity doesnt exist/is extremely weaker than it is taught. There is something wrong in here.

Gravity doesn't exist. However, that is irrelevant.

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2016, 11:32:48 PM »

Gravity doesn't exist. However, that is irrelevant.

No its not, its completely relevant, because you were just sarcastic on your last post saying that gravity cant affect the movement of an object in space, and then you say that gravity doesn't exist, so how is it that the sun moves? Tell me, how does it move?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2016, 11:42:27 PM »
your last post saying that gravity cant affect the movement of an object in space

I never said that.

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2016, 11:50:58 PM »

Yes you did, its right here. Dont deny it

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2016, 11:54:35 PM »

I don't see gravity mentioned anywhere in that post, friend.

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2016, 12:41:05 AM »

I don't see gravity mentioned anywhere in that post, friend.

You mentioned gravitation, an effect caused by gravity, so yes, you did in some sense mention gravity

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2016, 01:13:55 AM »
gravitation, an effect caused by gravity
False.

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2016, 02:03:31 PM »
gravitation, an effect caused by gravity
False.

Definition of gravitation #1 (source: Google): movement, or a tendency to move, toward a center of attractive force, as in the falling of bodies to the earth.
Definition of gravitation #2 (source: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gravitation): the force of attraction between any two masses.
Definition of gravitation #3 (source: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gravitation): a force manifested by acceleration toward each other of two free material particles[...]
Theres three definitions of gravitation, all say that it is caused by a force of attraction. What else could that attractive force be in space that could manipulate the sun's movement, other than gravity?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 02:44:31 PM by Earthisround »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2016, 03:49:33 PM »
What else could that attractive force be in space that could manipulate the sun's movement, other than gravity?

This statement is simply a non sequitur.

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2016, 05:41:45 PM »
What else could that attractive force be in space that could manipulate the sun's movement, other than gravity?

you didnt answer my question. It isnt a statement, and it clearly does relate to the argument and follows the argument logically, so please answer my question and dont deviate the subject. What is that other force that causes gravitation to affect the movement of the sun? If you can answer it, then ask someone else, like tom bishop, to give an answer, because you have not been competent with me when I ask you a question, you simply try to deviate the subject as you are doing now

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2016, 07:48:46 PM »

you didnt answer my question. It isnt a statement, and it clearly does relate to the argument and follows the argument logically, so please answer my question and dont deviate the subject. What is that other force that causes gravitation to affect the movement of the sun? If you can answer it, then ask someone else, like tom bishop, to give an answer, because you have not been competent with me when I ask you a question, you simply try to deviate the subject as you are doing now

It is still a non sequitur. No one is deviating from the subject except you, bringing up unrelated conjecture and mentioning Tom Bishop. You saying someone hasn't been competent is quite hilarious, given that you don't even understand the law of conservation of energy.