Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: Coronavirus Vaccine and You
« Reply #800 on: September 16, 2021, 05:35:16 PM »
AATW: Yeah guys Covid is just like this <almost harmless disease that only kills sick people>, we need to be super afraid of it!

::)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 05:40:54 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #801 on: September 16, 2021, 05:46:36 PM »
Yeah, I am sure natural immunity has absolutely nothing to do with it.
Given that the vast majority of the people now ending up in hospital or dying are the unvaccinated then you are correct, natural immunity has nothing to do with it.
Oh, really.

Seems Israel is just a fluke, uh.
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #802 on: September 16, 2021, 05:48:26 PM »
AATW has the largest supply of equivocation, regardless of the issue.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #803 on: September 16, 2021, 05:55:05 PM »
Anyone who thinks they can vaccinate humanity out of a pandemic is a total idiot.

Everyone wants to point to polio or smallpox as tremendous examples of how vaccination works.

Never mind the tremendous leaps forward in areas of personal hygiene and overall sanitation.

Most of the lot here = totally disingenuous, morally bankrupt, intellectually and philosophically inconsistent positions on most every subject.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #804 on: September 16, 2021, 06:08:03 PM »
Hmm. Yes, I think it’s probably best not to feed Troll and Troller. But for all their attempts to divert, the data I’ve presented on the impact of Covid is pretty clear. As is the cherry picking dishonesty required to arrive at the “99.7%” survival rate.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #805 on: September 16, 2021, 06:15:04 PM »
Given that the vast majority of the people now ending up in hospital or dying are the unvaccinated then you are correct, natural immunity has nothing to do with it.
Oh, really.

No, it’s not a fluke. The numbers are getting high there and it took me two minutes to find some data which may indicate why:

The share of the population having received one dose increased from 50% in February to only 68% in September. Children aged 12-15 have been included in the rollout since June 2021, yet despite this, currently only 62% of the population have had two doses.

https://theconversation.com/israel-was-a-leader-in-the-covid-vaccination-race-so-why-are-cases-spiralling-there-166945

So yeah, they started off well with their vaccine rollout but it tailed off and they still have a lot of unvaccinated people.
So what’s your point?
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #806 on: September 16, 2021, 07:14:12 PM »
Hmm. Yes, I think it’s probably best not to feed Troll and Troller. But for all their attempts to divert, the data I’ve presented on the impact of Covid is pretty clear. As is the cherry picking dishonesty required to arrive at the “99.7%” survival rate.
There is no cherry picking involved.

The survival rate is what it is.
Oh, really.

No, it’s not a fluke. The numbers are getting high there and it took me two minutes to find some data which may indicate why:

The share of the population having received one dose increased from 50% in February to only 68% in September. Children aged 12-15 have been included in the rollout since June 2021, yet despite this, currently only 62% of the population have had two doses.

https://theconversation.com/israel-was-a-leader-in-the-covid-vaccination-race-so-why-are-cases-spiralling-there-166945

So yeah, they started off well with their vaccine rollout but it tailed off and they still have a lot of unvaccinated people.
So what’s your point?
The vaccine tailed off, uh?

Doesn't work, uh?

Totally confident the reported MSM numbers are completely accurate, despite the proven lies associated with the plandemic.

Society cannot be vaccinated out of a pandeic

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: September 16, 2021, 07:15:43 PM »

Incorrect. You are the one cherry picking, by telling us that we need to only look at the survival rate for the critically ill. Not everyone is very ill. The survival rate is very high for the general population. The people dying of this are the sick and feeble. From your own source:

https://fsph.iupui.edu/news-events/news/death-rate-covid-statewide-study.html

Nursing home residents represented 54.9% of Indiana’s deaths at this date.

Using the non-institutionalized population, researchers determined the overall IFR for Indiana to be 0.26%.

The IFR for Hoosiers who are 12 to 40 years old is 0.01% (children under 12 were not included in the study). That rate increases to 0.12% for those who are 40 to 59 years old.

IFR = Infection Fatality Rate

0.26% IFR = 99.74 survival rate for non-institutionalized
0.01% IFR = 99.99 survival rate for ages 12 to 40
0.12% IFR = 99.88 survival rate for ages 40 to 59

Arguing that the sick people and old people are people too and so we should all vaxx up with vaccines that have no long term safety data just seems like disingenuousness on your part, and probably a bit of vaccine regret there. Those people who are dying are also susceptible to die of plenty of other almost harmless diseases that we don't have worldwide lockdowns over, including the primary ailments they are sick with. Sick and old people die. That's how life works. Stop being a priss about it. The level of justification is very weak.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 07:37:07 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #808 on: September 16, 2021, 08:06:35 PM »

Incorrect. You are the one cherry picking, by telling us that we need to only look at the survival rate for the critically ill. Not everyone is very ill. The survival rate is very high for the general population. The people dying of this are the sick and feeble. From your own source:

https://fsph.iupui.edu/news-events/news/death-rate-covid-statewide-study.html

Nursing home residents represented 54.9% of Indiana’s deaths at this date.

Using the non-institutionalized population, researchers determined the overall IFR for Indiana to be 0.26%.

The IFR for Hoosiers who are 12 to 40 years old is 0.01% (children under 12 were not included in the study). That rate increases to 0.12% for those who are 40 to 59 years old.

IFR = Infection Fatality Rate

0.26% IFR = 99.74 survival rate for non-institutionalized
0.01% IFR = 99.99 survival rate for ages 12 to 40
0.12% IFR = 99.88 survival rate for ages 40 to 59

Seems odd that you say someone is cherry-picking when you suspiciously left this out from your link:

"The study found that age, more than race or sex, determines how deadly the virus is.  People over 60 years of age had an IFR almost 2%, or 1 death for every 50 people who get infected. This IFR is approximately 2.5 times deadlier than seasonal flu for the same population."

So to add to your list:

2% IFR = 98% survival rate for ages 60 and over

That's a lot higher than 0.26%, 0.01&, & 0.12%

Why did you leave out the over 60 group from your IFR list above?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: September 16, 2021, 08:09:27 PM »
People over 60 are more likely to have chronic comorbidities. 2% of them are sick enough to be susceptible to this. Not too surprising. As you pass 60 your life expectancy goes down. Talk to some older people about their friends dying in their advancing age.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr47/nvs47_28.pdf

See "Figure 3. Percent surviving by age: Death-registration States, 1900–1902 and United States, 1949–51 and 1997" -

Pretty big drop there between ages 60 and 90, as compared to ages 0 to 30 or from ages 30 to 60.

The fact remains that this is a disease that affects sick people.

Again, an incredibly weak argument. The people pushing this are either stupid or evil. No grey area.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 08:41:34 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #810 on: September 16, 2021, 08:36:06 PM »
There is no cherry picking involved.

The survival rate is what it is.
Yes. And it isn’t 99.7%.
That figure came from data which excludes the most vulnerable people.
The overall CFR is around 1%

The vaccine tailed off, uh?

Doesn't work, uh?
So two things here. The “it” in my sentence was clearly referring to the rollout of the vaccine, not the vaccine itself.
What does “the vaccine tailed off” even mean?
And secondly there is some indication that the efficacy of the vaccine does decrease over time, hence the talk of booster jabs.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #811 on: September 16, 2021, 08:48:33 PM »
You are the one cherry picking, by telling us that we need to only look at the survival rate for the critically ill.
Are you just gaslighting me now?
I literally said above:

you take out all the old people who are already ill then the chances of survival are pretty good.
But that's a pretty dishonest way of calculating the fatality rate, you have to consider everyone.

I don’t see how I could have been any clearer.

Not everyone is very ill. The survival rate is very high for the general population. The people dying of this are the sick and feeble.
So…basically, fuck old and ill people, right?

I’ve shown the data which demonstrates that this was a situation which demanded a response. Whether the response has been correct is a different discussion.
And of course deaths is a pretty blunt metric. There’s also people who might not die but are taking up hospital beds and people with long Covid.

Your indifference towards people you regard as unimportant is pretty shocking.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: September 16, 2021, 09:34:21 PM »
Okay, so after over four weeks, the last sickened anti-vaxxer is returning to work at our  West Coast facility. He was a big strong tough guy but now he's weak and gets winded easily. The brain fog has changed his personality and now he's a veg. The absolute sad fact is that after all of this, he is still reposting anti-vax anti-mask bullshit posted by vaccinated Republicans.

He doesn't care that he consumed almost $100,000 worth of medical resources that we will all have to pay for through insurance premiums.
He doesn't care that everybody else had to bust their ass covering for him while he was unconscious in a hospital.
He doesn't care that his wife and child were hospitalized for the same thing at the same time.

If anyone at work tries to talk to him about getting vaccinated, he starts to say that this is a hostile work environment for people who are not vaccinated.

This man could not breathe and had to go to the hospital where he got worse and remained unconscious while teams of people had to keep him alive. They literally saved his life and now he's still going on about what a sham medical science is and how horse dewormer is a real treatment.

This is a good guy who worked for this company since the beginning. But how am I supposed to feel about all this?
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: September 16, 2021, 09:40:03 PM »
Okay, so after over four weeks, the last sickened anti-vaxxer is returning to work at our  West Coast facility. He was a big strong tough guy but now he's weak and gets winded easily. The brain fog has changed his personality and now he's a veg. The absolute sad fact is that after all of this, he is still reposting anti-vax anti-mask bullshit posted by vaccinated Republicans.

He doesn't care that he consumed almost $100,000 worth of medical resources that we will all have to pay for through insurance premiums.
He doesn't care that everybody else had to bust their ass covering for him while he was unconscious in a hospital.
He doesn't care that his wife and child were hospitalized for the same thing at the same time.

If anyone at work tries to talk to him about getting vaccinated, he starts to say that this is a hostile work environment for people who are not vaccinated.

This man could not breathe and had to go to the hospital where he got worse and remained unconscious while teams of people had to keep him alive. They literally saved his life and now he's still going on about what a sham medical science is and how horse dewormer is a real treatment.

This is a good guy who worked for this company since the beginning. But how am I supposed to feel about all this?

He's brainwashed.
Feel pity.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #814 on: September 16, 2021, 09:44:04 PM »
Survivors of Covid may have a many fold increase of cancer, heart attacks or stroke due to the amount of damage and internal scarring it leaves in its wake. Some people have lost their sense of smell or taste has changed perhaps permanently. Many will never have the same level of fitness again

Saying that the chances of surviving covid are good so no need to worry is stupid. I'm sure I'd likely survive covid if I got it but I sure as hell don't want it.

You talk about there is 'no long term data' on a vaccine. Well covid is a novel disease - there is no long term data about how it may affect people later. Keep in mind there isn't really a vaccine that has passed all the clinical trials and had some major fail after 6 weeks. Why would the covid vaccine be any different?

America will make a great case study. So much of the population got ravished with covid. It will be interesting to see if you guys have an unusual spike in cancers, heart disease, or any other weird disease to befall you.

As sure as Tom gets a cold, he will get covid. Given his age, it's likely we'll get the chance to laugh at his comeuppance.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: September 16, 2021, 09:53:13 PM »
He's brainwashed.
Feel pity.

I would feel no pity or sympathy at all but this guy is a friend. Otherwise, I would say he got what he deserved and I would troll the living shit out of him.

We can see the right-wing being divided into the manipulators and the manipulated. If you want to know who is who, just look at who's vaccinated and who is unvaccinated while espousing anti-vax propaganda. The Republicans learned a great lesson from Vladimir Putin during the January 6th riots. Ignorant people are a powerful force that can be harnessed.

For me and my team, question is now becoming: do we hire any more anti-vaxxers?
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

« Reply #816 on: September 16, 2021, 10:12:16 PM »
I know Tom loves to get his news from random social media memes or Cucker Tarlson but the claim that people who die in traffic accidents but tested positive for covid recently are being counted in the covid death toll is complete and utter BS

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/social-media-posts-make-baseless-claim-on-covid-19-death-toll/

If anything, the near 650K death toll is conservative.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #817 on: September 16, 2021, 10:15:04 PM »
Okay...the last sickened anti-vaxxer is returning to work... now he's a veg.

It is hostile. Your company employs vegetables and we are to look to you for quality insight?

Humanity cannot vaccinate itself out of a pandemic, even if one actually exists.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #818 on: September 16, 2021, 10:17:10 PM »
I know Tom loves to get his news from random social media memes or Cucker Tarlson but the claim that people who die in traffic accidents but tested positive for covid recently are being counted in the covid death toll is complete and utter BS

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/social-media-posts-make-baseless-claim-on-covid-19-death-toll/

Put the useless and lying fact checking sites in CN where that crap belongs.

Everyone here heard Dr. Birx.

« Reply #819 on: September 16, 2021, 10:35:28 PM »

Put the useless and lying fact checking sites in CN where that crap belongs.

Everyone here heard Dr. Birx.

There are rules for how death certificates and cause of death are issued. Your claim that a person who dies in a traffic accident or gunshot wound etc will have 'covid' as the cause of death simply because they returned a positive test earlier is demonstrably BS. Who gives a toss about Dr Birx? The rules are the same for the UK, Australia and every other developed country. If someone falls off their motorbike and gets decapitated no coroner will sign off saying he died because of covid lol

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/whetherthosewhohavediedfromacaraccidentwithcovid19willbecountedinonsstatistics?:uri=aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/whetherthosewhohavediedfromacaraccidentwithcovid19willbecountedinonsstatistics

An article from the UK specific to the question about traffic accidents and covid death reporting

You're account is just a troll and no one takes you seriously anyway. Thanks for the laugh when you act all serious with your memberating though.