Rama Set

Re: Coronavirus Vaccine and You
« Reply #780 on: September 15, 2021, 07:28:09 PM »
I’m still not sure what the fuss is about. A vaccine that the FDA seems to have the same formulation as the EUA vaccine has been approved. Tom’s text wall just seems like he is trying to cope with the reality that vaccines aren’t killing people.

I wonder if Tom takes the threat of Covid seriously. It's already killed more Americans in less than 2 years then every war and conflict and terrorist act over the last 120 years.

Everyone is going to get covid eventually. Even I'm resigned to that fact. Maybe not this year or next, but as sure as I get a cold, I'll get covid.

Tom will too. Will he ensure he's protected as much as able? Or will we see him on sorry antivaxxer.com?

What are you talking about? If they are counting people who died of motorcycle accidents, unrelated ailments, alcohol poisonings, and chronically ill people who were previously given a few weeks to live as Covid deaths like it says in those quotes then you are being lied to and your premise is based on a falsity. Can you agree that if the quotes are true then your world view is false?

You consistently ignore available statistics on excess deaths. There are also agencies that say deaths have been undercounted. I know it would soothe your troubled soul if over 600,000 Americans had not in fact died from COVID, but that’s simply not the world we live in.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: September 15, 2021, 08:06:28 PM »
You consistently ignore available statistics on excess deaths.

Incorrect. I didn't. We talked about that the last time it was brought up.

Excess deaths were up in general.

https://www.kxl.com/study-shows-increase-in-non-covid-deaths-during-pandemic/

(Portland, OR) — Health officials say there was an increase in deaths from non-COVID-19 related conditions during the pandemic. A Providence Health study found unplanned hospitalizations were cut up to 50-percent while deaths increased 20-percent. People held off going to hospitals for heart issues, strokes and care for chronic conditions due to fear they’d get COVID-19. Doctors say people need to know that medical clinics, hospitals, and emergency rooms are safe places to get medical care.

People being afraid of going to the hospital means that there were excess deaths.

Another one that looked at the first three months of the pandemic:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0033350620304467

COVID-19 has created an environment for excess deaths not due to the virus.

~

Conclusions: There have been more excess deaths in several age group and gender cohorts during the first three months of the pandemic, beyond direct deaths directly attributable to COVID-19.

Also, and again, they changed the way deaths were reported for Covid to include anyone who died 'with' Covid rather than 'of' Covid, unlike the reporting for the flu deaths and other diseases, inflating the Covid death toll.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 08:51:38 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #782 on: September 15, 2021, 08:46:51 PM »
guys just give it up. tom has already proven that everyone in 2020 died of a motorcycle accident. he found a website that says so.

checkmate, atheists.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #783 on: September 15, 2021, 08:47:40 PM »
You consistently ignore available statistics on excess deaths.

(Portland, OR) — Health officials say there was an increase in deaths from non-COVID-19 related conditions during the pandemic. A Providence Health study found unplanned hospitalizations were cut up to 50-percent while deaths increased 20-percent. People held off going to hospitals for heart issues, strokes and care for chronic conditions due to fear they’d get COVID-19. Doctors say people need to know that medical clinics, hospitals, and emergency rooms are safe places to get medical care.

People being afraid of going to the hospital means that there were excess deaths.

No doubt people were (are) afraid. And the ones listed above are exactly the folks who have co-morbidities that would further scare them with the notion of gasping for air, like they are drowning, and dying on a ventilator because of covid.

What's the breakdown of excess non-covid deaths due to fear of hospitals versus excess deaths due to covid?

And wouldn't vaccination, lowering covid numbers in general, help to lower that fear level?

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #785 on: September 15, 2021, 10:04:46 PM »
I wonder if this means Tucker has to get tested daily?

Rama Set

« Reply #786 on: September 15, 2021, 10:21:45 PM »
He’s almost certainly vaccinated. He’s a descipable grifter, but he’s not an idiot.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: September 16, 2021, 02:30:33 AM »
guys just give it up. tom has already proven that everyone in 2020 died of a motorcycle accident. he found a website that says so.

checkmate, atheists.

I know some of people that were in that motorcycle accident. It was pretty fucked up.

It's weird how so many people are having motorcycle accidents.

Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

« Reply #788 on: September 16, 2021, 07:16:48 AM »
but I see no where where you can't have EUA's and Approved vaccines at the same time

If there isn't one, that is criminal.  It turns out there is (for obvious reason).

You need to learn to read between the lines.

If I, as a pharma, have an eua (RENEWED AFTER the "approval"), I don't want an approval (acutely in our current example).  If a pharma company could have both, they would obviously always distribute under eua, and NEVER under approval - because commercial products carry liability.

The crooks in the pharma industry and their vassal the fda need to be spanked in the public square (if not drawn and quartered)

« Reply #789 on: September 16, 2021, 07:34:52 AM »
The crooks in the pharma industry and their vassal the fda need to be spanked in the public square (if not drawn and quartered)

We all hate big pharma. Just look at the vioxx scandal. That drug probably killed just as many as covid has. But that doesn't mean everything that comes out of it is BS

Vaccines save lives and just looking at the mechanism of how vaccines work, I can't see what long term F up they will do to a human. I bet taking aspirin, ibuprofen or paracetamol carries far more risk and people take those every day. People shoot up on narcotics and come out the other side. We turn our brains to mush getting pissed on alcohol. We consume (well you Americans) 150lb of sugar every year. We have zero issues with artificial colours, flavours, preservatives, sweeteners, transfers etc and where is the pay off in consuming any of that?

The pay off to a vaccine shot saves people's lives. Perhaps the person's very own. And so much resentment. So much aversion. So much BS conspiracy theories

FFS People need perspective ::)

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: September 16, 2021, 08:35:55 AM »
In the Covid deaths there are an average of four comorbidities, with only 5% of deaths indicated as Covid as the only cause according to the CDC:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm#Comorbidities

For over 5% of these deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned on the death certificate. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 4.0 additional conditions or causes per death.

Covid has a 99.7% survival rate:

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/doctor-sees-covid-19-survival-rate-through-people-and-loss-not-statistics/531-83b9969d-87b9-41f4-b3c8-c6fc2fad8c9f

According to Johns Hopkins University, 98 percent of people survive COVID-19, and new data from Indiana researchers is more encouraging, calculating a 99.7 percent survival rate.

So 5% of the 0.3% of cases resulting in death were attributed to Covid and for the other 95% of that 0.3%, the patient had an average of four other serious ailments.

That's like saying you were one of the unlucky few who died of Covid and it's a coincidence you just happened to be obese, have cancer, high blood pressure, and then had a heart attack.

Imaging being so scared of a scam pandemic that you inject yourself with a rushed vaccine with no long term safety data.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 09:12:11 AM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #791 on: September 16, 2021, 09:23:46 AM »
In the Covid deaths there are an average of four comorbidities, with only 5% of deaths indicated as Covid as the only cause according to the CDC:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm#Comorbidities

For over 5% of these deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned on the death certificate. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 4.0 additional conditions or causes per death.

Covid has a 99.7% survival rate:

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/doctor-sees-covid-19-survival-rate-through-people-and-loss-not-statistics/531-83b9969d-87b9-41f4-b3c8-c6fc2fad8c9f

According to Johns Hopkins University, 98 percent of people survive COVID-19, and new data from Indiana researchers is more encouraging, calculating a 99.7 percent survival rate.

So 5% of the 0.3% of cases resulting in death were attributed to Covid and for the other 95% of that 0.3%, the patient had an average of four other serious ailments.

That's like saying you were one of the unlucky few who died of Covid and it's a coincidence you just happened to be obese, have cancer, high blood pressure, and then had a heart attack.

Imaging being so scared of a scam pandemic that you inject yourself with a rushed vaccine with no long term safety data.

Comorbidites include things like obesity, high blood pressure and diabetes which accounts for many millions of yanks

Then there are immuno compromised people and pregnant women. Clearly you don't give a shit about any of those groups given your previous posts devaluing if their lifes value

You forget the law of large numbers. Inside millions of infections will have many younger people included. Already here in Oz, not that many infected but quite a few in their 20's and 30's already 6ft under. And some were healthy with no comorbities. Totally preventable with a vaccine

Lets hope you get infected so you can see first hand and report back whether this really is a 'scam'

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #792 on: September 16, 2021, 09:28:39 AM »
In the Covid deaths there are an average of four comorbidities, with only 5% of deaths indicated as Covid as the only cause according to the CDC

Well, of course. These sorts of diseases rarely kill young, healthy people. That has nothing to do with anything.
During a regular flu season the people who die aren't generally young and fit, they're people who are already old and vulnerable.

Excess deaths were up in general.

From some causes, but not from others.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2778234

COVID-19 was the third leading cause of death in 2020, with an estimated 345 323 deaths, and was largely responsible for the substantial increase in total deaths from 2019 to 2020. Substantial increases from 2019 to 2020 also occurred for several other leading causes. Heart disease deaths increased by 4.8%, the largest increase in heart disease deaths since 2012. Increases in deaths also occurred for unintentional injury (11.1%), Alzheimer disease (9.8%), and diabetes (15.4%). Influenza and pneumonia deaths in 2020 increased by 7.5%, although the number of deaths was lower in 2020 than in 2017 and 2018. From 2019 to 2020, deaths due to chronic lower respiratory disease declined by 3.4% and suicide deaths declined by 5.6%.

So, you're basically right BUT the increase in deaths from those other causes nowhere near accounts for the total increase in mortality. Here are some graphs I made from the data in that article.
Fairly significant rise in heart disease, Alzheimer's and diabetes - although I would note that all of those do have a rising trend before that. Some falls in deaths from other things - notably other respiratory diseases which isn't a surprise, the new kid on the block with this sort of thing tends to dominate, but the bottom graph shows the real impact of Covid. Yes there is a slight increase if you ignore the Covid deaths but with them the increase is clear:

That's a lot of motorcycle crashes...

Covid has a 99.7% survival rate

No it doesn't. I can't see your source for some reason but I found this one:

https://fsph.iupui.edu/news-events/news/death-rate-covid-statewide-study.html

Using the non-institutionalized population, researchers determined the overall IFR for Indiana to be 0.26%.

So basically they took out all the people in care homes to get that figure. So yes, you take out all the old people who are already ill then the chances of survival are pretty good.
But that's a pretty dishonest way of calculating the fatality rate, you have to consider everyone.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 03:27:18 PM by AllAroundTheWorld »
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #793 on: September 16, 2021, 03:44:52 PM »
Totally preventable with a vaccine
Written as if that could actually be known.

Speaks volumes as to the level of education they provide in australia.

Evidently as non-existent as the continent itself.
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #794 on: September 16, 2021, 03:49:53 PM »
You don't even want try to answer? Telling.
Yes, I agree it is telling.

It tells of my further progress made in avoiding your low-quality trolling efforts here on this forum.

If you have an actual point, try expressing that rather than what you want to paint as hypocrisy on my part.

My position is not hypocritical and your position that you can discern hypocrisy in any form from anyone is shot to pieces with your last few posts.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #795 on: September 16, 2021, 04:34:16 PM »

Here's the UK data. Note the clear correlation between Cases, Hospitalisations and Deaths over the winter and the much weaker correlation now. There is still some correlation, but the numbers are significantly lower:

I'm sure the vaccination data at the bottom which coincides with those much lower numbers is just a coincidence.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #796 on: September 16, 2021, 04:59:28 PM »

Here's the UK data. Note the clear correlation between Cases, Hospitalisations and Deaths over the winter and the much weaker correlation now. There is still some correlation, but the numbers are significantly lower:

I'm sure the vaccination data at the bottom which coincides with those much lower numbers is just a coincidence.
Yeah, I am sure natural immunity has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: September 16, 2021, 05:16:52 PM »
In the Covid deaths there are an average of four comorbidities, with only 5% of deaths indicated as Covid as the only cause according to the CDC

Well, of course. These sorts of diseases rarely kill young, healthy people. That has nothing to do with anything.
During a regular flu season the people who die aren't generally young and fit, they're people who are already old and vulnerable.

There wasn't a worldwide lockdown for the flu. Since you are likening Covid to that it looks like you have debunked and discredited yourself.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #798 on: September 16, 2021, 05:25:26 PM »
There wasn't a worldwide lockdown for the flu.
No, because the CFR is significantly lower for the flu than it is Covid.

Since you are comparing Covid to that
I am not. Or only in as much as patiently explaining that there are other diseases which generally don’t kill young and healthy people but can be dangerous for old and ill people. Flu and Covid are similar in that regard, but the CFR for Covid is significantly higher in all age groups which is why it caused such an extreme worldwide response.

it looks like you have debunked and discredited yourself.
Your inability to deal with the data and points I have made is noted.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #799 on: September 16, 2021, 05:27:16 PM »
Yeah, I am sure natural immunity has absolutely nothing to do with it.
Given that the vast majority of the people now ending up in hospital or dying are the unvaccinated then you are correct, natural immunity has nothing to do with it.