Flat Earth vs. Round Earth Questions and Conceptions
« on: March 07, 2019, 01:58:17 AM »
Hello all.  I've been curious about FE vs. Round Earth theory, so I've been studying up, and I would love to hear some feedback and input as to some ideas and concepts around it.  I've read a few FAQs which have been very helpful, and many of my questions have been answered by reading various forum posts, and making my own inferences and theories based on existing and proposed models, ideas, and so forth, but there are a few questions and ideas I haven't been able to find much 'satisfactory' info on, at least to date.  I understand that not everyone has the same ideas, beliefs, and theories here, or that there are consensuses on anything or everything, but I'd love to hear both personal and more communal ideas if you have the time, and I appreciate any input or comments on the matter.  Thanks in advance:

Are all satellites fakes and lies/misdirection, and things such as GPS (whatever it may be) and other supposedly satellite technologies really based on ground technologies?  Or have they figured out a way to hover drones or drone-like satellites up above?  If they are up above (no more far-fetched IMO than an airplane or weather balloon), what are they hovering in?  I know the area above is called the firmament, but am still uncertain as to what it might be, or be made of, how high it goes, and so forth.

The next one is similar to the first, but  more conceptual, but also more fascinating imo.  I think most rockets/vehicles in space (or at least really high) are fake, but in theory, if you could launch a rocket far up above the Earth, what would it find?  How far do you think it would go, and similar to my first question, what do you think we would find?  I'm curious as to what it's all made of, and what keeps it in place, or in motion (I've read conflicting ideas and theories of here, naturally, as people work to figure it out).

Lastly for now, working off the "what keeps it in place/motion" notion or on my last question, I'm still a bit confused on the fundamental... being of the FE as such, since it is such a departure from the Round Earth model, and some parts are harder to conceptualize, at least for me.  Like, I've read that things just fall, and my question is, is the Earth falling?  If not, what keeps it from falling?  I've read other ideas that some people think the Earth stretches on, forever even, while others say otherwise, that it is a rising disc, but I was wondering, do you think it's falling or rising?  Or, is there a gravity like force that keeps things in place, or keeps them rising, or falling?  What about the other planets?  What's in between the Earth and them?  Empty air is my best guess/theory so far, sort of, but I am oversimplifying here to prevent from going on too much. 

Thanks again and in advance for your input.  Take care.

Best,

-CDC

Re: Flat Earth vs. Round Earth Questions and Conceptions
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 08:10:38 AM »
The oldest satellite still in orbit has been up there more than 60 years. It's going to take a lot of energy to hover in the atmosphere that long.

The satellite we use in Australia for satellite television, Optus C1, has been up there since 2003. It's in geostationary orbit just North West of Papua New Guinea at an altitude of around 36000kms (this altitude is the optimal point where its orbit matches Earth's rotation). This is important to know so that you can point your satellite dish at the right place in the sky. Usually an installer will do it for you but if you travel around in a caravan or a motorhome (I think Americans call them trailers and RVs), you'll have to do it yourself at each new location. And guess what - point it at the right place in the sky with the right azimuth and the right elevation and you receive a TV signal, point it anywhere else and you don't. This particular satellite is also used in South East Asia and Hawaii. You could of course receive the signal from a ship in the South Pacific if you wanted to as well. If I had to advance a theory, I'd say that this satellite - and the other 5000 up there - are in space, up to tens of thousands of kilometres above the Earth, exactly where they are claimed to be. And if I had to guess, I'd say that whatever force is keeping those moons of Jupiter that we can see with a telescope orbiting around that planet is what is keeping these satellites orbiting around the Earth too.

As to your question about alternate theories to explain this - maybe thousands and thousands of disguised ground based stations or hovering drones? But then the satellite dishes themselves would have to be fake because they only work when pointed at exactly the right elevation. You can't fake elevation with a satellite dish - if the signal is coming from a different elevation, it won't be reflected onto the feed horn. So the dishes would have to have hidden antennas but be programmed only to work if the dish was pointed at the correct coordinates. It would have to have GPS too to be able to determine the location and hence the correct coordinates for that location. Now the range would be quite restricted by these hidden antennas so we're probably going to need tens of thousands of stations now. All the way from Western Australia to Hawaii. And all these fake satellite dishes with hidden antennas would have to be precisely engineered so certain circuitry could never, ever fail because if a TV picked up a signal while the dish was pointed in the wrong direction, the whole conspiracy involving all the other satellites would be revealed. Of course, no-one could ever open them up and look inside either. I do try to keep an open mind about these things but it's actually really hard to come up with a viable alternate theory in this case.

Offline iamcpc

• View Profile
Re: Flat Earth vs. Round Earth Questions and Conceptions
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 06:19:43 PM »
Are all satellites fakes and lies/misdirection, and things such as GPS (whatever it may be) and other supposedly satellite technologies really based on ground technologies?  Or have they figured out a way to hover drones or drone-like satellites up above?

That depends on what flat earth model you follow. In my flat earth model satellites and GPS are real and do exist in outer space outside of the atmosphere.
Others who follow a dome/firmament model will most commonly say:

1.they are inside of the dome/firmament
2. that they are nothing but high altitude devices.
3. they don't exist
4. There is special technology which is able to pass through the dome/firmament and they are outside of that.

If they are up above (no more far-fetched IMO than an airplane or weather balloon), what are they hovering in?  I know the area above is called the firmament, but am still uncertain as to what it might be, or be made of, how high it goes, and so forth.

Someone who follows a round earth model in which satellites are real and are just high altitude devices the answer could be one of many things:
1. The atmosphere
2. The firmament (I also have no idea what it is. It's only mentioned a few times in the bible so people just kind of guess)
3. They attach to the dome

In theory, if you could launch a rocket far up above the Earth, what would it find?  How far do you think it would go, and similar to my first question, what do you think we would find?

Again this all depends on what flat earth model you choose to believe.
1. Nothing can pass through the dome.
2. The firmament is outside of the dome and is infinite. You would see infinite firmament.
3. The earth is infinite. You would see an infinite flat plane.
4. Because of the way light is bent by things like the amosphere, gravity, and our eyes in a 0 gravity environment the flat earth would look like a sphere
5. Outside of the dome/firmament is heaven

is the Earth falling?  If not, what keeps it from falling?  I've read other ideas that some people think the Earth stretches on, forever even, while others say otherwise, that it is a rising disc, but I was wondering, do you think it's falling or rising?  Or, is there a gravity like force that keeps things in place, or keeps them rising, or falling? 

Again these are loaded questions which will differ greatly between individuals and different flat earth models.
1. The earth is constantly falling in an orbit around the sun due to gravity.
2. The earth is held in place by God.
3. The earth is accelerating upward at 9/8 m/s by either God or some unknown force like dark energy that we don't understand.
4. Yes the earth is falling.

What about the other planets?  What's in between the Earth and them?  Empty air is my best guess/theory so far, sort of, but I am oversimplifying here to prevent from going on too much. 

I've never read any answer to what's between the planets other than empty space or some obscure biblical reference.
In my flat earth model there is lots and lots of empty space between the celestial bodies and also things we don't understand yet but are able to mathematically show to exist called dark matter.

You have to understand that 99% of what we perceive is based on something generating billions and billions of  photons.

Those photons then bounce off of something and hit your eye.

Your optic nerve turns those photon inputs into a cloud of moving electrons in your brain.

Your visual cortex makes an attempt to turn that cloud of moving electrons into some sort of image. Your visual cortex does not make this image based on reality. Due to millions of years of evolution your visual cortex makes this image based on what will give you the lowest chance of getting eaten and the highest chance of making as many babies as possible. In fact it has been demonstrated hundreds of times that what we see is not what really exists.

Keep in mind that if a photon passes through something we would have no clue it even exists.

Something as simple as water in a glass can turn left into right:

« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 06:21:58 PM by iamcpc »