Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
Re: VR Headsets
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2015, 11:04:15 PM »
if they ever start becoming irrelevant or losing money?
lol, jokester

Yes, Valve will literally be successful until the end of time.
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2015, 12:26:14 AM »
The whole HL3 debacle is weird. They never provided an explanation for why they've taken so long, despite confirming (I'm sure Gabe did this at some stage) that HL3 is in development. Sure, Valve are not known for timely releases, but this is a different thing altogether. Now the hype has gotten to the stage where GDC shit posts on 4chan aren't able to be any more over the top. The expectations are too high and Valve have been working on a whole slew of new things, in addition to managing their old games and newer MOBA juggernaught/CS:GO. I'm not convinced we'll ever see HL3, although we will likely see another Half life entry at some stage.

Ghost of V

« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2015, 01:48:47 AM »
I feel like the longer they drag it out the more disappointed the masses will be with the final product.

I hope we at least get an Episode 3. If Half-Life 3 does come out, I hope that it doesn't reveal much more about the story either. One the main reasons I like Half-Life is for the bizarre story elements, G-Man, etc. Revealing all those mysteries might ruin the series. Of course, the gameplay is great too, but in the end it's just going to be another first person shooter.

Consider this thread derailed.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2015, 03:30:07 AM »
This thread will go back on topic during November when I get the Vive and talk about how enthralling it is and that I can't tell the difference between real life and the game.

Ghost of V

« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2015, 03:46:42 AM »
This thread will go back on topic during November when I get the Vive and talk about how enthralling it is and that I can't tell the difference between real life and the game.

Yeah. We'll see...

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2015, 03:47:34 AM »
It's also when I'll start playing Elite: Dangerous again. Hopefully by then the game might actually have content.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2015, 07:36:22 AM »
You promised Half-Life 3.

Where is it?

Obviously they want to build it with Source 2 and integrate VR with it.