Thread for talking about council nominations.
« on: December 09, 2013, 09:09:57 PM »
Sean as my post said I chose those 4 guys because they talk to people about FET all the time. I had trouble thinking of 5 members tbh. I couldn't imagine trying to decide on more.
I'd of rather just said Tom and Thork but 5 names was the request.

Offline Shane

• If you will it, it is no dream
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for talking about council nominations.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 09:47:09 PM »
I don't think you have to nominate 5. And hoppy is literally the worst. An even worse idea than Thork and you. Well, maybe not you.
Quote from: Rushy
How do you know you weren't literally given metaphorical wings?

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 10:00:39 PM »
You know what. I like the idea of a council. But I don't think we have enough of the right people yet. Take myself for instance, I'm far too opinionated to work as a group. I'd be honoured to do it and I'm a member too. But perhaps not the best suited.
But everyone has their faults, I could point out negative points about each candidate as to why they wouldn't be suitable.
But we will have a council and you have your vote to choose who you want to see on it. If it fails then so be it. But I'm backing it and it appears you are too. Lets see how it goes. If a member isn't working out then they should understand that they will be replaced with a more suitable candidate.

Offline Shane

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 10:03:12 PM »
Ok dude

Thork

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 11:30:47 PM »
I just picked people who do things. wiki, art, write stuff. I'm only interested in having people who will get stuff done and make the site a success.
Someone nominated Markjo for instance. I have never seen him draw a single diagram. Never volunteered to help with anything. Just likes to criticise with repetitive one liners. I'm not interetested in an RE balance. just that those who get stuff done can go get stuff done. If its a good panel, I don't care if I'm on it or not.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 11:49:58 PM »
I just picked people who do things. wiki, art, write stuff. I'm only interested in having people who will get stuff done and make the site a success.
Someone nominated Markjo for instance. I have never seen him draw a single diagram. Never volunteered to help with anything. Just likes to criticise with repetitive one liners. I'm not interetested in an RE balance. just that those who get stuff done can go get stuff done. If its a good panel, I don't care if I'm on it or not.
This is why I will not run for council.  I don't want to get stuff done in the name of The Flat Earth.  Too much damn work.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 12:30:29 AM »
Thork is right. It should be for those who make that extra effort.

Offline spoon

• Foxy wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 04:19:46 AM »
I am not too sure about Roundy at this point. I'm afraid he is not fully converted to the dark side...
inb4 Blanko spoons a literally pizza

Offline Shane

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 04:21:11 AM »
His rant on .org convinced me.

Thork

Re: Nominate 5 names for the council.
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2013, 09:35:54 PM »
Tom Bishop
Secret User
Thork
Roundy
pizaaplanet
Dude, have a day off.

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2013, 09:42:34 PM »
Do they have to follow the zeitic philosophy and believe the world's flat?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2013, 09:42:36 PM »
Tom Bishop
Secret User
Thork
Roundy
pizaaplanet
Dude, have a day off.

Do you have any idea how much FE work and promotion she has done?

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2013, 11:23:10 PM »
I thought the admins weren't going to be part of the council?
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2013, 11:29:21 PM »
I thought the admins weren't going to be part of the council?

Parsifal expressed he has no desire to be a part of the council.  Not sure about PP.  Unless he doesn't want to, I don't see any reason to exclude admins.  Unless there are concerns about conflict of interest.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2013, 01:41:48 AM »
Tom Bishop
Secret User
Thork
Roundy
pizaaplanet
Dude, have a day off.

Do you have any idea how much FE work and promotion she has done?

I support Secret User.  She's another one who was seriously slighted on John Davis's list.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Vongeo

• I don't get it either
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2013, 04:12:29 AM »
This is why I will not run for council.  I don't want to get stuff done in the name of The Flat Earth.  Too much damn work.

Did the old Council achieve, or did they merely Judge? In my experience it was certainly the latter, except for that which happened in the times before my arrival or more aptly my participation, leaving out the select few. Thork has much better standards for the list than perhaps the site before us, but(eeww I ate a sticker) the standards do not reflect the majority of the council's membership.
Maple syrup was a kind of candy, made from the blood of trees.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2013, 04:49:00 AM »
I don't think the old council did anything other than determine who got into FEB, and I don't know how much of that they wound up actually doing.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2013, 01:09:00 PM »
I don't think the old council did anything other than determine who got into FEB, and I don't know how much of that they wound up actually doing.
There was an old council?  I thought the "leaders" were basically Daniel, Whilmore, and John.  All of which did whatever Daniel allowed them to do.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2013, 04:56:16 PM »
Can we have the poll this Saturday? Run it for a week if needs be. There's no need to drag this out for longer now.

Thork

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2013, 06:13:45 PM »
Can we have the poll this Saturday? Run it for a week if needs be. There's no need to drag this out for longer now.
Why not kick it off now and let it run over the entire weekend?