Thork

Why were Thork's posts split out of Political Compass?
« on: March 08, 2015, 09:44:49 PM »
It was posted in a thread about people's political compass. How is talking about political opinions in that thread off topic?

Besides, that thread is virtually dead. Once everyone posts their political compass image ... and most of those who will are likely to have already done it, and you ban the possibility of discussing the political questions within it, what is to talk about?

I think you are moderating with prejudice because of issues you have with certain posters. My post was a direct response to Parsifal's comments on why he thinks his political compass came out as it did. So this whole thread makes no sense because there is no OP. You didn't move Parsifal's comments which were exactly the same topic of conversation as mine.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 09:49:53 PM by Dr David Thork »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: Why were Thork's posts split out of Political Compass?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 09:54:22 PM »
It was posted in a thread about people's political compass. How is talking about political opinions in that thread off topic?
It focuses on a specific political issue rather than the political compass, and as such it deserves a thread of its own.

However, the response was mostly to your trend of starting long political discussions about isolated subjects in inappropriate threads. Now there's a thread to merge them with when you do it again. Categorising things seems like a more appropriate solution than punishing you for off-topic posting, which is why I have not taken any action against you - merely put the thread in a place where it makes sense.

Besides, that thread is virtually dead. Once everyone posts their political compass image ... and most of those who will are likely to have already done it, and you ban the possibility of discussing the political questions within it, what is to talk about?
Nothing, and that's fine. I am, of course, ignoring the "you ban the possibility" chunk of your quote, since that's not what's happening here, and you're well aware of that.

I think you are moderating with prejudice because of issues you have with certain posters.
Of course you would. You've been trying to paint me as some sort of crazed tyrant for about a year now. Forgive me if I no longer give these accusations any thought.

My post was a direct response to Parsifal's comments on why he thinks his political compass came out as it did.
Which was also off-topic and will be moved to a general thread right after I've finished dealing with you here.

You didn't move Parsifal's comments which were exactly the same topic of conversation as mine.
Yet. Give me five minutes, will ya?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 10:13:43 PM by pizaaplanet »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Thork

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 10:00:58 PM »
It is Parsifal's thread. Surely if he wants to discuss his political opinions in a topic he created about people's political opinions, there shouldn't be a problem there. Nor should there be a problem with people replying to those opinions with their opinions on the same matter.

What is wrong with you?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 10:03:24 PM »
It is Parsifal's thread. Surely if he wants to discuss his political opinions in a topic he created about people's political opinions, there shouldn't be a problem there.
If Parsifal decides that my action was inappropriate, I'm sure he'll inform me without you speaking for him. He's done so in the past, and I have no reason to suspect that will change.

Thork, face it. You are horrid when it comes to speaking on topic. We're being extremely lax with you. Note that you even failed to post this complaint in S&C and instead opted for slapping it in the middle of a thread in PR&S. I'm trying to keep things organised and readable. No action is being taken against you.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 10:08:21 PM by pizaaplanet »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 10:06:35 PM »
That said, I agree that Parsifal's post should be included in that thread and have now adjusted it.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015, 10:13:07 PM »
There, I'm done messing with the threads now. I've divided them into cohesive items. If you have any criticism now that my work is done (rather than smack dab in the middle of it like the reactionary you are), feel free to voice them.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 10:19:13 PM by pizaaplanet »

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 12:48:42 AM »
For the record, I don't think the split needed to happen (a vague thread about political views is bound to spawn discussions of those views), but I won't be merging the threads back together now that they've begun to diverge further post-split.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol