Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: R.I.P. Ferguson
« Reply #140 on: December 02, 2014, 11:39:45 PM »
Correct, my bad. If I recall correctly, forensics said that supported the officer's testimony as well.
Yeah, there aren't all that many scenarios in which you could shoot someone in the top of their head. You basically have to be facing the shooter and leaning - which is pretty consistent with Brown charging at Wilson.

Why don't you just call them out if it bothers you so much?
Personally, that's what I try do. Many people refuse to even discuss it (immediately proposing that we should agree to disagree), some choose to immediately call me a member of the KKK, and the few meaningful discussions I've had ended inconclusively ("Well yeah but maybe he should still be indicted so that the evidence can be reviewed in court", etc.).

If I weren't so stubborn I would agree that it's completely not worth the effort. These people are guided by ideology and blind belief, and rarely adjust their views in light of new information.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #141 on: December 03, 2014, 12:39:38 AM »
If I weren't so stubborn I would agree that it's completely not worth the effort. These people are guided by ideology and blind belief, and rarely adjust their views in light of new information.

Yeah, those people with their cognitive biases and their political opinions and maybe their lack of research coloring their perception of the facts.  It's almost as if they're human or something!  What morons.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 03, 2014, 01:04:00 AM »

Yeah, those people with their cognitive biases and their political opinions and maybe their lack of research coloring their perception of the facts.  It's almost as if they're human or something!  What morons.

It sounds like they really are morons. Being human is not a defense against the accusation of being a moron. In fact, nearly all of the morons I know are human.
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 03, 2014, 01:41:17 AM »
I'm fully aware that you're trying to be 2edgy4me, but that is actually my take on things. If you didn't even bother to do your fucking research, you should not develop opinions so strong that you religiously reject any and all data that challenges your assumptions.

-HE DIDNDU NUTTIN'
-Yeah okay what about all this forensic evidence?
-SHUT UP YOU RACIS' KKK
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 03, 2014, 02:15:07 AM »

I'm fully aware that you're trying to be 2edgy4me, but that is actually my take on things. If you didn't even bother to do your fucking research, you should not develop opinions so strong that you religiously reject any and all data that challenges your assumptions.

-HE DIDNDU NUTTIN'
-Yeah okay what about all this forensic evidence?
-SHUT UP YOU RACIS' KKK

Sadman is just doing his typical counter-counter-culture schtick.

Offline spoon

• Foxy wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 03, 2014, 02:51:44 AM »
If you didn't even bother to do your fucking research, you should not develop opinions so strong that you religiously reject any and all data that challenges your assumptions.

I've wanted to say these exact words ~20 times in the past two weeks.
inb4 Blanko spoons a literally pizza

« Reply #146 on: December 03, 2014, 10:28:05 AM »
Even with 20 minutes of Googling, it's pretty apparent that Mike Brown wasn't completely innocent (hindsight is 20/20). Do some Americans really think we live in this kind of society?

Ghost of V

« Reply #147 on: December 03, 2014, 03:26:34 PM »
Even with 20 minutes of Googling, it's pretty apparent that Mike Brown wasn't completely innocent (hindsight is 20/20). Do some Americans really think we live in this kind of society?

Yes.

Offline spoon

• Foxy wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 03, 2014, 03:46:21 PM »

I prefer this one.

« Reply #149 on: December 03, 2014, 09:56:10 PM »
I've seen dozens of them so far, and all have been good.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #150 on: December 03, 2014, 10:35:24 PM »
Sadman is just doing his typical counter-counter-culture schtick.

That would imply that the majority opinion in this thread is counter-culture, which is untrue.  My shtick could more accurately be described as counter-counter-counter-culture.

The media's terrible reporting of what happened is part of the problem, yes.  I'm not saying that the people who think that this was police brutality aren't wrong or that they shouldn't do research, because they are and they should, only that this issue isn't so 100% self-evidently obvious that it really warrants all the smugness, condescension, and generalizing about detractors that a few people in this thread seem to think it does.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 04, 2014, 01:10:09 AM »
I think the real lesson here is don't rob a fucking convenience store.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 04, 2014, 01:23:12 AM »
No, that is not the real lesson here. If that were so, the lesson would be that death is a reasonable punishment for robbing a convenience store.
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

« Reply #153 on: December 04, 2014, 01:33:12 AM »
The convenience store didn't really have that much to do with it. His real problems started when he assaulted the officer through the window, tried grabbing his gun, then running after being shot before finally turning to charge the officer.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 04, 2014, 03:03:45 AM »
No, that is not the real lesson here. If that were so, the lesson would be that death is a reasonable punishment for robbing a convenience store.

Had he not robbed a convenience store, no punishment would be necessary, death or otherwise.

The convenience store didn't really have that much to do with it. His real problems started when he assaulted the officer through the window, tried grabbing his gun, then running after being shot before finally turning to charge the officer.

The convenience store is the only reason the cop showed up. He was responding to the report of a robbery.

« Reply #155 on: December 04, 2014, 05:56:26 AM »
I thought he radioed in asking if they needed him, but they said no. He just happened by them and noticed he fit the description of the guy who robbed the store.

« Reply #156 on: December 04, 2014, 06:09:02 AM »
I thought the original story was that he didn't stop Brown in relation to the robbery at all?

Offline model 29

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 04, 2014, 06:30:02 AM »
Well.... this is interesting.

« Reply #158 on: December 04, 2014, 06:35:04 AM »
I thought the original story was that he didn't stop Brown in relation to the robbery at all?

I think the official story is he first asked them to move off the street, then he stopped further down the road and called him to the vehicle as he fit the description of the robber.

Offline spoon

• Foxy wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 04, 2014, 06:45:14 AM »
Well, that certainly is something. I won't waste my time pointing out the religious contradictions he is running into.

Honestly, this is pretty startling. He blatantly condones the killing of white people so long as black people are being killed. In a country of 300+ million people, there are going to be murders. White people are going to kill black people. Black people are going to kill white people. White people are going to kill white people. Black people are going to kill black people. It's pretty simple.