Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
Re: Tapatalk forum app
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2014, 07:51:49 AM »
TFES has no mobile version, that's why you have to zoom at times.

Oh, and it does, it just sucks.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2014, 09:18:01 AM »
This is now installed. I don't know if adding FES to the Tapatalk network is mandatory for using Tapatalk with it, but it requires me to create an account to do that. rottingroom, please feel free to do so on our behalf.
I'll do that. Probably best if the admins have control of this stuff.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2014, 09:26:51 AM »
Account created, API linked to our forum. I'm downloading the Android SDK to see if it works (as I currently don't have an Android device at hand)

Offline xasop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2014, 09:35:04 AM »
I've just synced all of Tapatalk's copies of the SMF code with the latest in our tree, as it turned out to be less cumbersome than I'd imagined. It should now hopefully include all our bug fixes, but I can't make any promises.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2014, 09:47:45 AM »
Right, this thing just sent spam to all our members' e-mails without asking for permission (which hopefully won't happen again. Apologies to everyone affected). It also wanted to insert its own ads into our forum.

Rottingroom, I'm gonna be honest, the longer I'm using this, the more frustrated I get. If Tapatalk continues to be as painfully disappointing as it is right now, I imagine we'll be reverting this very soon and instead focusing on our own mobile version of the site.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2014, 10:50:02 AM »
Okay, this seems to work now. That is to say I tried logging in, it didn't work, we fixed it and now it works.

EDIT: Some minor bugs remain (you wouldn't believe it, this code is even worse than SMF itself), but it generally works. The minor bugs may or may not be fixed.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 11:10:01 AM by pizaaplanet »

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2014, 11:18:55 AM »
Well there you have it. It works. Thanks!

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2014, 11:20:28 AM »
Yes, but I'm honestly not surprised the old site didn't bother. The amount of bugs we needed to fix to get it to the "it works!" state was just silly.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2014, 11:21:05 AM »

With one amendment:

It only takes 15 minutes.

I would adjust this to say "It only takes 6 hours, half a dozen patches against the provided source, and nearly 200 e-mails spammed out to the forum user base".

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2014, 11:23:32 AM »

With one amendment:

It only takes 15 minutes.

I would adjust this to say "It only takes 6 hours, half a dozen patches against the provided source, and nearly 200 e-mails spammed out to the forum user base".
I see. Well sorry about that. I'm responding to you now from a notification from the app so I can already see the benefit.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2014, 11:26:37 AM »
Well, obviously that's not your fault. I played around with the app a bit, and while it doesn't feel like my thing, I can see how it could be really useful to some. Even if we get a better mobile interface in the future, this is nice to have.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2014, 01:52:14 PM »
I'm using it now.

My reaction: meh.
The interface isn't bad and typing is certainly easier than typing in a form box object on Opera but that's about it.  I see no other benefits for myself.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2014, 02:17:27 PM »
I'm using it now.

The interface isn't bad and typing is certainly easier than typing in a form box object on Opera but that's about it.  I see no other benefits for myself.
I would add that having all your forums in one place and push notifications are a plus.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2014, 02:46:45 PM »
I'm using it now.

I would add that having all your forums in one place and push notifications are a plus.
I only visit 2 so for me, it's not really an issue.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2014, 02:59:17 PM »
For some reason I can't find FES on the app.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it, but I'm starting to get annoyed by this app more with each passing moment. It won't let me sign in to the forum. It says "Snupes" doesn't exist, but then when I try to sign in under "Supertails" it says my password is incorrect (I assure you it is not; even reset it for good measure).
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 03:14:56 PM by Snupes »
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2014, 03:36:36 PM »

EDIT: Nevermind, found it, but I'm starting to get annoyed by this app more with each passing moment. It won't let me sign in to the forum. It says "Snupes" doesn't exist, but then when I try to sign in under "Supertails" it says my password is incorrect (I assure you it is not; even reset it for good measure).

I wouldn't judge just based on your difficulties logging in.

I'm not sure what could be the problem for you but I prefer to use social logins for things because I don't like making accounts for everything on the internet. With that in mind, you can make a Tapatalk account with G+ or Facebook and when you do then all your forums that have Tapatalk enabled will verify that you are you automatically. When I clicked the link from the email this morning, the app opened and offered to subscribe me to tfes but it didn't prompt me to input my username or password because Tapatalk already knew who I was, probably because of my email address, which tapatalk knows is associated with a user named rottingroom for this particular forum.

For things on my phone where I do have to input a password, I don't bother at all with manually inputting them because I am a lastpass user. I don't actually know any of my passwords.

Hope you can sort it out though. If you simply can't remember your password you might be able to open your security settings on Chrome for the desktop to see your stored passwords.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 03:50:59 PM by rottingroom »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2014, 04:06:40 PM »

Are you sure you're on the right forum?
It could be that it's seeing OTHER FES forum.

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2014, 04:07:38 PM »

Are you sure you're on the right forum?
It could be that it's seeing OTHER FES forum.
The other fes has not enabled Tapatalk.

« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2014, 04:24:05 PM »
It doesn't work for me either. When I try to login it always say password incorrect.

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2014, 04:25:10 PM »
It doesn't work for me either. When I try to login it always say password incorrect.

I can only assume it is because you are inputting an incorrect password.