Offline Zanz

• Flat Earth researcher
    • View Profile
Communication with the ISS by amateurs.
« on: March 16, 2018, 05:17:51 PM »
Ok Flat Earthers, explain this:

So if NASA really wanted to fake space and keep it secret as long as possible, why would they waste energy on allowing people to talk to a "fake" radio channel, instead of just saying "no screw you, you can't". I bet most people don't even know you can talk to the ISS.
I still believe its round don't worry.

Offline Dither

• The night above the dingle starry,
    • View Profile
Re: Communication with the ISS by amateurs.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 09:47:23 PM »
Why would they waste energy on allowing people to talk to a "fake" radio channel,

Why wouldn't they waste energy on that? Its not like they can appear in public.

A lie will make it around the world before the truth has time to put on its shoes.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 10:06:45 PM »
Why would they waste energy on allowing people to talk to a "fake" radio channel,

Why wouldn't they waste energy on that? Its not like they can appear in public.

Because it costs money. If NASA is out to embezzle money, why waste any of it on something that 99.9% of people will never know about, let alone participate in? It makes no sense.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 10:10:43 PM »
Publicity stunt. The Youtube account in that first video is NASA's official Youtube account.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 10:25:34 PM »
Publicity stunt. The Youtube account in that first video is NASA's official Youtube account.

Yeah....I don't think NASA gains much publicity by communicating with ham radio operators. lol
-Terry50

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018, 10:30:56 PM »

Yeah....I don't think NASA gains much publicity by communicating with ham radio operators. lol

They got 350 thousand views and probably a bunch of news articles out of it. What do you mean?

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 10:48:13 PM »

They got 350 thousand views and probably a bunch of news articles out of it. What do you mean?
Yep - 350K views....in 7.5 years.  One video of the Space X Falcon Heavy has 21 million views. In 1 month! There are many other videos of the same launch with over a million views each. I guess to a FEer, 350k views is a lot.
-Terry50

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2018, 11:47:14 PM »

Yep - 350K views....in 7.5 years.  One video of the Space X Falcon Heavy has 21 million views. In 1 month! There are many other videos of the same launch with over a million views each. I guess to a FEer, 350k views is a lot.

And how much do you think NASA invested in the SpaceX Falcon Heavy vs this Ham Radio demonstration?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2018, 11:50:44 PM »
And how much do you think NASA invested in the SpaceX Falcon Heavy vs this Ham Radio demonstration?

Well, since SpaceX launched and landed their rockets from and on NASA property, I would have guessed that SpaceX were paying NASA a fee for the privilege...

Do you have any empirical data regarding who paid whom ...?
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.
=============================

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2018, 05:56:13 AM »

Well, since SpaceX launched and landed their rockets from and on NASA property, I would have guessed that SpaceX were paying NASA a fee for the privilege...

Do you have any empirical data regarding who paid whom ...?

This is flat earthism. Emperical evidence is not needed. There has been enough of that to put paid to any flat earth ideology but it is all ignored in favour of the conspiracy.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2018, 02:09:40 AM »
This is flat earthism. Emperical evidence is not needed. There has been enough of that to put paid to any flat earth ideology but it is all ignored in favour of the conspiracy.

Great opinion. But if you have nothing to add to the thread beyond reminding everyone you don't like FET, then don't bother posting. Warned.