Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
Re: Help Thork waste his money
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2014, 02:22:09 AM »
If you're looking to waste money, you can always invest in Pongo's expedition to conclusively prove the shape of the earth.
http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=61797.0
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2014, 03:00:43 AM »
You can always give your money to me.

roos-roos and the bae giv you honey dolla lapdance 4 cash dolla dolla.
Yup

Thork

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2014, 12:06:36 PM »
Not even Africans want Blackberry. The perceived value is because they have a very low cost phone. But its total junk and even the 3rd world knows it. Blackberry will fold. then I could lose all my money!  :o

You realize they have a 6 billion dollar market cap, right?  They aren't going anywhere.  You know what, nevermind, invest in whatever you want.  I don't think you actually came here looking for reasonable advice.  You wanted to toss out a ridiculous idea like Microsoft and then argue any suggestions people put forward.  Have fun with that.
Don't sulk. I just don't like Blackberry as an option. They aren't trying to do anything new. They still keep pushing out those stupid phones with a hard keyboard. Smart phones have taken over and they aren't making good ones.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2014, 12:39:07 PM »
Have you considered video game companies like Valve?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Thork

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2014, 01:40:15 PM »
Have you considered video game companies like Valve?
A good suggestion, but I need to consider companies that are actually listed.
http://www.google.com/finance?cid=3784325&sq=valve&sp=5&ei=njrBU8CuL6qpwAOP5IEo

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2014, 01:48:27 PM »
Spend it all on crack and whores.
The Mastery.

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2014, 07:33:50 PM »
I just don't like Blackberry as an option. They aren't trying to do anything new.

What?

Your statement is a good indication that you should just buy an equities index.  You're obviously not going to do any market research on the companies you want to buy (or don't want to buy), and I'm not sure how you could possibly make an informed decision that way, let alone get 10% ROI by blindly picking a company that you think sounds 'hot.'  That said, Blackberry would actually be a decent pick.

Blackberry is all but exiting the smart phone market under the direction of their new CEO, and it's returning its focus to what Blackberry has always done well: software.  They have a new CEO, a new direction for the company, no debt, and they're already profitable again after the collapse of their share of the smart phone market.  If you believe at all in the ability of this company to be profitable as a software company, then this is as good a time to buy as any with the stock price so low.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2310045-blackberry-back-in-the-black
BlackBerry is trading at a historically low price to earnings ratio, hovering at roughly 4.6. The company has found itself at an inflection point, one that will determine its fate. BlackBerry pulled itself out of severely negative profitability, picked up a new CEO, and found itself a new direction. It seems like a lot is hinged on John Chen, who seems competent and confident in his company's product line. I don't want to say BlackBerry is a buy, but if you believe in John Chen and his idea for BlackBerry inhabiting a security niche, then I would say that it's a good time to enter the stock.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2305605-these-blackberry-updates-look-promising
http://seekingalpha.com/article/2302335-blackberrys-current-asset-management-bodes-well-for-the-future
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Lemon

• Lime
    • View Profile
    • Disco
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2014, 01:10:04 AM »
Hookers
NOTHING TO SEE HERE. IGNORE RAMA SET.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2014, 09:12:27 PM »
If you're looking for massive gains then gamble on penny stocks (I hear Colorado weed stocks are popular right now). If you're looking for long term value go for a company that you know will stick around for a long time.