Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
Re: wikipedia will take money from your dead relatives
« Reply #80 on: December 06, 2014, 03:45:18 AM »
ITT: Vauxhall has unearthed the ancient secret that it's possible to intentionally say dumb things to elicit reactions from people, and will abuse this power until the novelty wears off.

More like, considering Vaux's history, he is just genuinely this dumb. If he was doing this intentionally he would follow the ancient secret of what you said in my sig.

ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Yes, he is dumb, but I feel like he's really been stepping it up lately in a deliberate way. The retart/donut/walnut method is not the only trolling method in the books. My theory is that Vauxy has an enormous crush on me and became envious of all the attention I was giving you when you were being stupid about things, so he's being even stupider about even more things.
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 06, 2014, 04:07:26 AM »
Please give my stupid SC thread moar attention. SC has already implemented multiplayer private matches, meaning it is currently a more complete game than ED.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2014, 04:08:28 AM »
I'm actually becoming a little worried about E:D, so I'd rather avoid that contest right now.

Ghost of V

« Reply #83 on: December 06, 2014, 04:27:13 AM »
ITT: Vauxhall has unearthed the ancient secret that it's possible to intentionally say dumb things to elicit reactions from people, and will abuse this power until the novelty wears off.

More like, considering Vaux's history, he is just genuinely this dumb. If he was doing this intentionally he would follow the ancient secret of what you said in my sig.

ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Yes, he is dumb, but I feel like he's really been stepping it up lately in a deliberate way. The retart/donut/walnut method is not the only trolling method in the books. My theory is that Vauxy has an enormous crush on me and became envious of all the attention I was giving you when you were being stupid about things, so he's being even stupider about even more things.

This is surprisingly accurate.

Ghost of V

« Reply #84 on: December 06, 2014, 06:12:44 PM »
Wikimedia has not answered my email. I guess that means they have no interest in my money. Too bad for them, I guess.

Offline spoon

• Foxy wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 06, 2014, 07:48:01 PM »
inb4 Blanko spoons a literally pizza

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2014, 03:57:18 PM »
Do you honestly expect me to sit down and read a 49 page .pdf document to find this information?
Yes, but I'm not counting on it.

I don't even understand what half of this means. What products? What Programs? What does General mean? Why do they need 3mil to fund begging ("fundraising")? What does governance mean?
That's why you should read all 49 pages.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 04:03:11 PM by markjo »
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Ghost of V

« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2014, 04:06:43 PM »
Do you honestly expect me to sit down and read a 49 page .pdf document to find this information?
Yes.

I don't even understand what half of this means. What products? What Programs? What does General mean? Why do they need 3mil to fund begging ("fundraising")? What does governance mean?

How about you read it then type up a condensed version for me? This way I can focus on more important things while you do something relatively menial and ultimately pointless because I will probably not read it. Wikimedia is obligated to answer my questions via email, of which I have now sent 2. The second one is asking what "general" means in their cost breakdown. But, surprise surprise, they have still not responded to my inquires.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2014, 04:09:48 PM »
Yes.

How about you read it then type up a condensed version for me? This way I can focus on more important things while you do something relatively menial and ultimately pointless because I will probably not read it. Wikimedia is obligated to answer my questions via email, of which I have now sent 2. The second one is asking what "general" means in their cost breakdown. But, surprise surprise, they have still not responded to my inquires.
Did you give them a week to respond?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Ghost of V

« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2014, 04:11:36 PM »
Yes.

No. I sent the email a few days ago. If it takes them a week to respond to a simple question, then maybe I should demand a refund of my $10 that I donated a few years ago.

Is that something that I can do? Get a refund on a donation? Or is that frowned upon?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 04:21:31 PM by Vauxhall »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2014, 06:22:38 PM »
Yes.

No. I sent the email a few days ago. If it takes them a week to respond to a simple question, then maybe I should demand a refund of my $10 that I donated a few years ago.

Is that something that I can do? Get a refund on a donation? Or is that frowned upon?
Considering how many e-mails they likely get and how many volunteers work for them, I'd say a week is not unreasonable.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Ghost of V

« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2014, 06:37:10 PM »
Fine. You make a convincing argument, Dave. I'll wait a week.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2014, 12:04:41 AM »
How about you read it then type up a condensed version for me? This way I can focus on more important things while you do something relatively menial and ultimately pointless because I will probably not read it.
I'm not the one pissing and moaning about not understanding something that I'm unwilling to read.  Do you want someone from Wikimedia to burp you and put you down for a nap after they spoon feed you?
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Ghost of V

« Reply #93 on: December 08, 2014, 12:07:01 AM »
How about you read it then type up a condensed version for me? This way I can focus on more important things while you do something relatively menial and ultimately pointless because I will probably not read it.
I'm not the one pissing and moaning about not understanding something that I'm unwilling to read.  Do you want someone from Wikimedia to burp you and put you down for a nap after they spoon feed you?

The only thing I'm being spoon fed is lies.

Offline spoon

• Foxy wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 08, 2014, 12:11:45 AM »
The only thing I'd feed you is expired cheese.
inb4 Blanko spoons a literally pizza

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2014, 12:14:11 AM »

All cheese is expired, that is why it is cheese.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 08, 2014, 12:15:20 AM »
Le fromage never goes bad monsieurs it only gets better hon hon hon hon hon

Ghost of V

« Reply #97 on: December 08, 2014, 12:15:32 AM »

I don't like cheese. I thought we were cool, spoon. I guess I was wrong. From where I'm standing it looks like you're in on this whole nefarious operation, aren't you? How much of my own money are they paying you to spread deceit across the web?

Ghost of V

« Reply #98 on: December 15, 2014, 10:27:22 PM »
Wikipedia has finally answered my email inquiry with a stock template response.

"Thank you for your email.

The Wikimedia Foundation is the non-profit organization that exists to support and grow the enormous network of volunteers who write and edit Wikipedia and its sister projects -- more than 100,000 people around the world. The Wikimedia Foundation does not allow advertising on Wikipedia or our other sites. Instead, we cover the costs of operating the sites through donations that directly support some of the most popular collaboratively edited reference projects in the world, including Wikipedia, one of the world's top ten most popular websites and the largest encyclopedia ever compiled in human history.

Even though Wikipedia and its sister projects are in the top 10 visited websites in the world, we employ around 200 people and some temporary staff. Roughly half work on technology and software development, a small team supports our public outreach and volunteer cultivation activities, and the remaining staff work on finance, fundraising, and administration. In addition, your support helps to pay for the technology infrastructure (servers and bandwidth) that keep Wikipedia running and growing.
"

Reps name omitted for obvious reasons.
This is unacceptable. It says the same thing the donation page says and answers none of my questions.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 15, 2014, 11:17:24 PM »
Probably because you sound like a whacko that elicited a copypasta answer.