Rama Set

Re: Trump
« Reply #3260 on: September 27, 2018, 09:56:53 PM »
Oh yes, the severe impact of storms that never make landfall on Hawaii cannot be understated.  Also from the source that you clearly didn't read, "...rarely do these storms actually affect Hawaii."  It says that literally in the first paragraph.

It also means a category 1 hurricane can do serious damage without actually making landfall, but I guess that's a bit complicated for you.

I see you still haven’t read your source where it said the storms rarely affect Hawaii. Maybe it’s not your research department that is the problem? I mean I quoted it for you and everything.

We had a tornado just last week. You should fire your research department, they suck at this.

"Tornadoes striking a local area is the same thing as tropical storm force winds striking thousands of square miles" - Rama Set[/quote]

“I decided it’s true that Hawaii is broadly affected by Tropical Storms fully supported by a source that says the opposite” -Rushy

Yes, how dare the people of Puerto Rico get hit by a hurricane. These people are clearly morally bankrupt.

Yes, if only Trump had been there to personally save them from themselves and their own corrupt government.

Nah, I would be fine if he just decided to try and make a situation better. You know, be the better man and all that. Not sure why I expected that from Trump. But hey, we’re all human.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: September 28, 2018, 01:20:34 AM »
I see you still haven’t read your source where it said the storms rarely affect Hawaii. Maybe it’s not your research department that is the problem? I mean I quoted it for you and everything.

The source only says "these are all tropical storm systems that had a somewhat notable impact on Hawaii", that includes multiple hurricanes, only a few of which actually made landfall, but much more directly hit Hawaii.

“I decided it’s true that Hawaii is broadly affected by Tropical Storms fully supported by a source that says the opposite” -Rushy

Except it doesn't, and you've decided to continuously move the goal posts (e.g. now you use the word 'landfall' as a qualifier) to cover up your shame, you've even gone as far as comparing a tornado directly to a cat 1 hurricane. Surely, you find that a little hilarious?

Nah, I would be fine if he just decided to try and make a situation better. You know, be the better man and all that. Not sure why I expected that from Trump. But hey, we’re all human.

You mean like sending billions of dollars in aid, and hundreds of thousands of water bottles that were just left on the runway? That sort of 'make a situation better'? At some point you'll have to admit you know as much about what actually happened in Puerto Rico as you do about when and how they vote for their own independence. This is just an enormous exercise in wallowing in your own ignorance.

"woops!" - Puerto Rican Government. Maybe they should stop voting against their own independence, so that the federal government will stop oppressing them with water bottles they're too incompetent to distribute.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 01:27:45 AM by Rushy »

Rama Set

« Reply #3262 on: September 28, 2018, 02:19:30 AM »

The source only says "these are all tropical storm systems that had a somewhat notable impact on Hawaii", that includes multiple hurricanes, only a few of which actually made landfall, but much more directly hit Hawaii.

Except it doesn't, and you've decided to continuously move the goal posts (e.g. now you use the word 'landfall' as a qualifier) to cover up your shame, you've even gone as far as comparing a tornado directly to a cat 1 hurricane. Surely, you find that a little hilarious?

You mean like sending billions of dollars in aid, and hundreds of thousands of water bottles that were just left on the runway? That sort of 'make a situation better'? At some point you'll have to admit you know as much about what actually happened in Puerto Rico as you do about when and how they vote for their own independence. This is just an enormous exercise in wallowing in your own ignorance.

"woops!" - Puerto Rican Government. Maybe they should stop voting against their own independence, so that the federal government will stop oppressing them with water bottles they're too incompetent to distribute.

You choose to continuously ignore the part I quoted, so its obvious that in some Thorky kind of way, you only care about memeing that you are right.  Talking to you is a tremendous waste of time on this topic.  Take care.

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: September 28, 2018, 02:26:25 AM »
I can't believe you peeps are actually arguing about deep state members like some are on this side and others are on that side. Do you even read the news? Forbes wrote an article about "Has Our Government Spent $21 Trillion Of Our Money Without Telling Us?" You can't get your head around $1 trillion let alone the $21 Trillion stolen by the elite over the last decade, not to mention the $20 trillion in budget deficient. Now add in "Black Budget" funding and the oh lets just run the press on after burner and give us all a raise. There is NO accountability, the dollar is a joke, not worth anything because we don't work, we're all on the "Dole", sucking on the printing press tit. You been had sooo bad you don't even realize it.

Now that's funny........

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kotlikoff/2017/12/08/has-our-government-spent-21-trillion-of-our-money-without-telling-us/#5e9252957aef

What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

« Reply #3264 on: October 01, 2018, 04:27:19 AM »
I can't believe you peeps are actually arguing about deep state members like some are on this side and others are on that side. Do you even read the news? Forbes wrote an article about "Has Our Government Spent $21 Trillion Of Our Money Without Telling Us?" You can't get your head around $1 trillion let alone the $21 Trillion stolen by the elite over the last decade, not to mention the $20 trillion in budget deficient. Now add in "Black Budget" funding and the oh lets just run the press on after burner and give us all a raise. There is NO accountability, the dollar is a joke, not worth anything because we don't work, we're all on the "Dole", sucking on the printing press tit. You been had sooo bad you don't even realize it.

Now that's funny........

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kotlikoff/2017/12/08/has-our-government-spent-21-trillion-of-our-money-without-telling-us/#5e9252957aef

Great post.
How could we ensure leaders are accountable for their actions?

I don't have a definite solution but it's always interesting talking about it.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: October 01, 2018, 05:40:14 AM »

Now that's funny........

Great post.

I do.
You ensure that someone else could get the spot if they fuck up.  Then watch the power hungry tear apart your enemy politically and hope enough people in your nation agree.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: October 01, 2018, 08:55:50 AM »
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: October 02, 2018, 03:22:50 AM »
https://www.npr.org/2018/10/01/653203765/u-s-and-canada-reach-deal-to-replace-nafta

Well...

When you or anyone else figures out what this deal will mean to the average American Household making $58,000 a year, you let us know. But I can assure you it means more expenses, not a lot, just enough to continue to place more weight from the boot covering our heads.

Fact check: Never been an honest politician. Like Eve and Adam, the temptation is too strong.
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

« Reply #3268 on: October 02, 2018, 04:58:56 AM »

Now that's funny........

Great post.

I do.
You ensure that someone else could get the spot if they fuck up.  Then watch the power hungry tear apart your enemy politically and hope enough people in your nation agree.

Well that doesn't sound like a solution at all.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: October 02, 2018, 08:01:45 AM »
https://www.npr.org/2018/10/01/653203765/u-s-and-canada-reach-deal-to-replace-nafta

Well...

When you or anyone else figures out what this deal will mean to the average American Household making $58,000 a year, you let us know. But I can assure you it means more expenses, not a lot, just enough to continue to place more weight from the boot covering our heads.

Fact check: Never been an honest politician. Like Eve and Adam, the temptation is too strong.

Not sure what it means but the big highlights are pretty minimal changes so likely nothing.

Also: Honesty is in who you talk to.  But the subjectively honest ones can't get elected.  No one likes the truth.

Rama Set

« Reply #3270 on: October 02, 2018, 01:16:09 PM »
One thing that was brought up as an effect is that food prices will likely go up.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: October 02, 2018, 01:28:15 PM »
One thing that was brought up as an effect is that food prices will likely go up.
Why?

-----Also:https://www.npr.org/2018/10/01/653430567/a-kind-of-vague-hostility-michael-lewis-on-trump-loyalists-run-agencies
a good read.

Rama Set

« Reply #3272 on: October 02, 2018, 01:29:32 PM »
Why?

-----Also:https://www.npr.org/2018/10/01/653430567/a-kind-of-vague-hostility-michael-lewis-on-trump-loyalists-run-agencies
a good read.

Tbh, it was something I heard in passing and would have to dig in to, but I assume because of a change in agriculture tariffs.

EDIT: I think because of stricter labor requirements. Going to try and find out more.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 01:33:07 PM by Rama Set »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: October 03, 2018, 05:17:08 AM »
"I think that it's a very scary time for young men in America when you can be guilty of something that you may not be guilty of," Trump said Tuesday afternoon outside the White House. "This is a very difficult time."

Young Black Men: Ya don't say?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 06:35:23 AM by Lord Dave »

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: October 04, 2018, 12:56:04 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/10/02/us/politics/donald-trump-tax-schemes-fred-trump.html

Trump is a crook and far from a self-made man, if anyone was in any doubt.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: October 04, 2018, 01:24:55 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/10/02/us/politics/donald-trump-tax-schemes-fred-trump.html

A father left money to his son, scandalous! He should do what all good citizens do: throw it away I mean pay it directly to the US government.

Notice Times is using the phrase "tax dodging" over and over again which really just means they optimized their taxes so they paid as little as possible, something everyone in the US tries to do, some better than others. Not a single person in the US pays taxes out of the kindness of their heart, and if you ever get the urge to do so, feel free to mail a check to the federal reserve.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 01:27:18 AM by Rushy »

« Reply #3276 on: October 04, 2018, 01:55:50 AM »

A father left money to his son, scandalous! He should do what all good citizens do: throw it away I mean pay it directly to the US government.

Notice Times is using the phrase "tax dodging" over and over again which really just means they optimized their taxes so they paid as little as possible, something everyone in the US tries to do, some better than others. Not a single person in the US pays taxes out of the kindness of their heart, and if you ever get the urge to do so, feel free to mail a check to the federal reserve.

The NYT has dropped all pretense of impartiality and is now operating as a propoganda mouthpiece for the people that own it.

Also this.

« Reply #3277 on: October 04, 2018, 02:57:15 AM »
Here's the current journalistic standard of the JYT. If anyone was interested.

Well, is it ok?

http://archive.is/AzjyD

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: October 04, 2018, 03:14:28 AM »
Lemme give you bitchez something to shoot your wad for. 40 years+ of marriage and 4 loads a day. Trump is a pussy grabber, ain't got what it takes to be king !

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: October 04, 2018, 03:57:22 AM »

Oh shit, well, as long as they properly crossed their i's and dotted their t's first, I guess that makes it perfectly fine for a very wealthy family to cheat our government out of hundreds of millions of dollars. Let's see how best to put this. Remember your frustration at the official determination that Hillary had done nothing criminal with her emails back during the election? That's how I feel about this. It's not a good thing that the Trumps both were able to and chose to do this. It's not something to be admired or emulated. It shows greed and selfishness, qualities that are never a good sign in any person, much less the President of the United States. And if Trump had any sense of altruism or public service, he'd come clean about his financial history and make it a priority to crack down on the tactics that people like him used to play the system, maybe even with something that appeals to his sensibilities as a showman, like a weekly program where he explains a different trick of tax avoiders and details how he's going to shut it down in upcoming legislation. Instead, he's kept up the sweat-of-his-brow myth, humblebragged about how smart he is for dodging taxes, and passed a huge tax cut for himself and his rich peers.

Well, is it ok?

That is a very clickbaity and misleading headline. The ethical quandary being pondered in that article isn't if doing such a thing is okay (it isn't), but if a friend of the woman in question should report what she's done to her employers.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y